Question AMSO LM Repaint

DDasng1352

Addon Tester
Reaction score
Hi, so I already know that there is an AMSO LM cockpit repaint. For some reason I can't downloaded it, so that's why I'm making this request. Can anybody make an AMSO LM Cockpit repaint, but as compressed zip file. Thanks.

Last edited:

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Here it is:

WeTransfer links are only valid for a few days. That's why the old link didn't work.

Feel free to use and share it on the forums. I don't take any credit for it.

But I ask you not the release it as an addon.
It's just a simple processing of the AMSO textures to make them darker, it doesn't add anything.
An addon must add something or improve it in a meaningful way.

Soumya-8974

Add-on developer
Reaction score
@DDasng1352 Note that it is a RAR file and not a ZIP file. You will require 7Zip to extract RAR files. Google for "7zip".
But I ask you not the release it as an addon.
It's just a simple processing of the AMSO textures to make them darker, it doesn't add anything.
An addon must add something or improve it in a meaningful way.
The dark textures does improve the cockpit in a meaningful way and are not just a "simple processing of the AMSO textures". Look at the difference between the navball in the original and darkened texture in Apollo CM:
Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG
In the current sense, an add-on is anything that "adds content" to Orbiter. Therefore, a texture repaint should be an add-on as long as the repaint enhances the target vessel. This texture repaint does enhance the AMSO cockpits by making them more realistic.

Last edited:

DDasng1352

Addon Tester
Reaction score
@DDasng1352 Also note that it is a RAR file and not a ZIP file. You will require 7Zip to extract RAR files. Google for "7zip".

The dark textures does improve the cockpit in a meaningful way and are not just a "simple processing of the AMSO textures". Look at the difference between the navball in the original and darkened texture in Apollo CSM:
View attachment 25610View attachment 25611
In the current sense, an add-on is anything that "adds content" to Orbiter. Therefore, a texture repaint should be an add-on so long as the repaint enhances the target vessel. This texture repaint does enhance the AMSO cockpits by making them more realistic.
Alright.