AMSO AMSO Keeps setting time-skip to x1

Clavius0712

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm really enjoying using AMSO in Orbiter to simulate the Apollo flights but what's really bugging me is that whenever I time-skip, AMSO slows the time-skip back down to normal speed (x1) whenever there is historic comms radio chatter. This is a real pain because most of the time I will be coasting to the Moon and need time-skip to be permanently x10 or x100.

How do I turn this off?

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
IIRC, killing the ATC sounds (Ctrl-K) will do what you want. I just had a look in the manual and it is not specifically mentioned, but that is my recollection. AMSO will still reset time acceleration to 1x for other events though (see Time Accelleration Management section of the AMSO Manual).

ACSoft

AMSO Founder
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
IIRC, killing the ATC sounds (Ctrl-K) will do what you want. I just had a look in the manual and it is not specifically mentioned, but that is my recollection. AMSO will still reset time acceleration to 1x for other events though (see Time Accelleration Management section of the AMSO Manual).

Sorry, but it is mentionned on page 16 of user manual:

--------------- "CTRL-K" key:

In both Apollo and LM vessels, this command allows you to "kill" the ATC sounds synchronized on the GET (Ground Mission Time). All ATC sounds synchronized to specific events (LM PDI lunar landing, LM ascent to Moon orbit) are not affected. This deactivation is not saved on exit, so you may need to redo it on reloading.

In Astronauts "vessels" during LEVA, this command allows you to cheat with rock samples collection. All remaining rocks of the active EVA station will be removed and the next EVA station will be activated.

ACS

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
OK, OK, what I meant was that the manual does not specifically state that killing the ATC sounds also kills time acceleration management for the times when those sounds were meant to be played. That may seem an obvious conclusion to you, but it was not obvious to me (and perhaps not to the OP). BTW, please don't take that as a criticism in any way, IMHO the manual is top notch :cheers:

ACSoft

AMSO Founder
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
OK, OK, what I meant was that the manual does not specifically state that killing the ATC sounds also kills time acceleration management for the times when those sounds were meant to be played. That may seem an obvious conclusion to you, but it was not obvious to me (and perhaps not to the OP). BTW, please don't take that as a criticism in any way, IMHO the manual is top notch :cheers:

Oh I see !!! Sorry !!!

But don't worry, I didn't taken that as a criticism.

You are right, for me, it was obvious that this function would remove time acceleration stop, as it is the ATC who generate the time acceleration reset to 1X. But I realize now, that it might be not so obvious for somebody who didn't programmed the feature itself !!! LOL !!!

ACS