AMSO blues...

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
I have a problem. A pretty major problem. So major, in fact, that I can't re-create Apollo 11! Grrrr...

Oh yeah, the bug. It's quite simple. I load up an AMSO scenario. There is supposed to be a little thing in the lower left corner, yes? Something saying T-xyz? Anyway, I'm following polaris149Tiberius' From the Earth to the Moon tutorial from this, and that's what I gather from it. Anyway, I immediately assumed that what I initially assumed was wrong. I proceeded to wait 30 seconds, as the tutorial told me, and pressed the P button. Oooh, very nice. A gas venting animation that went on for about 5 minutes. Still no text in lower left corner. No auto-pilot take-off, either. The only way I can get text in the damned corner is to abort the flight, resulting in the emergency separation of the capsule from the main rocket. Which is funny, especially when manually taking off, pointing the nose in the general direction of the ground, and aborting the flight... Since when did angels have invisible rocket boosters that gave them 120m/s of thrust? Maybe I could use a couple of them as boosters for a shuttle... Children of a idle mind, these ideas. Wouldn't be idle if I could fly the Apollo 11 mission in real time, no sir. Maybe that's what I'll do over the holidays. Providing I can get the thing running.

Master of Blades

Reaction score
I'm assuming you run AMSO 1.17. At 30 seconds, press J. If you have the sound exp pack installed (which you should), you'd ought to here some commentator-twat, commenting the countdown, when the commentator-twat reaches 0 on his countdown, you should launch, if not, you may press "K" at T-10 (ie sim time 320s), to launch with autopilot.

You may also directly press "enter" (on the numpad), to launch with autopilot, but no countdown, this will however lead to incorrect times.

pete.dakota

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I actually find the commentary of Jack King to be very informative and immersing. Not at all 'twat-ish'.

If you have downloaded and installed the Apollo 11 soundpack, then all you have to do at t-5 minutes is press J and wait. At t-10 seconds the arms will retract automatically and the launch will occur on time. If for any other mission, or if you don't have the soundpack, after having pressed J at t-5 minutes, you have to then press K at t-10 seconds to instigate the launch.

If you want to do a successful mission, ensure you have turned damage simulation off. This stops AMSO from randomly creating emergencies/anomalies that may affect the flight.

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
Ok, thanks guys. I'll give it a shot tonight. I wasn't using sound at the time (as in, I had OrbiterSound activated, however my computer was muted).