AMSO AMSO-autopilot

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
use LTMFD instaed of IMFD for AMSO, just follow the real life mission target times and you will do fine.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
This is covered in the AMSO manual on page 50:

The AMSO Saturn V autopilot supports a launch azimuth correction. A correction angle, in degrees-decimal, can be specified in the launch scenario file, with parameter "AZIMUTCOR". This azimuth correction is applied to the natural launch azimuth, which is the ground heading minus 180 degrees (Apollo fly on the back during ascent). Autopilot executes this correction by rotating Saturn V in the very beginning of the flight. For example "AZIMUTCOR -18" will aim a launch azimuth of 72 degrees. According to NASA specifications, "AZIMUTCOR" is limited in the range -20 to +20 degrees, which correspond to an azimuth range of 70 to 110 degrees. Values out of range are trimmed automatically to appropriate limit.

As for the altitude, 98 n.mi x 103 n.mi is ridiculously close to 101.4 n.mi circular, an was probably just a real-world deviation from the target. My solution would be to play with non-spherical gravity enabled, which gives "circular" orbits the small amount of eccentricity that you desire.

nolimitphil

Reaction score
use LTMFD instaed of IMFD for AMSO, just follow the real life mission target times and you will do fine.
Thanks for the input, Cras. LTMFD can be used to launch the Saturn V into LEO?

This is covered in the AMSO manual on page 50:

As for the altitude, 98 n.mi x 103 n.mi is ridiculously close to 101.4 n.mi circular, an was probably just a real-world deviation from the target. My solution would be to play with non-spherical gravity enabled, which gives "circular" orbits the small amount of eccentricity that you desire.
ZOMG, thanks, boogabooga! Super! Wow! Totally resolved my question and then some. :thumbup:
And how did I miss that in the AMSO manual? :facepalm: