Alternate Orbit-Hangar download location?

Biscuit

Donator
Reaction score
This isn't a request for a single add-on ... but a query about possible alternate download locations for orbit-hangar.

The firewall at work is pretty heavy-handed ... but oddly I can still get here.

Anyway, I like to check out different scenario options and such during lunch and breaks *cough**cough* and downloading/burning to DVD at home then trying to remember to bring the disk in is cumbersome at best. That, and when I have an idea to check something, I usually wind up forgetting what I wanted to look at by the time I get home.

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but is there a mirror to orbit-hangar around?

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I could be totally wrong, but I don't believe so, Vash would be the person to answer this as he is the administrator of Orbit Hangar. I know some people upload their addons & scenarios to threads here on the forum as well, so we do have the capability to host addons, however Orbit Hangar will always be irreplaceable.

There is an addon for vBulletin which is like a download manager, in fact I use it on my film site Tex-Films, however I haven't thought about installing it here as I didn't think it was needed.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This isn't a request for a single add-on ... but a query about possible alternate download locations for orbit-hangar.

The firewall at work is pretty heavy-handed ... but oddly I can still get here.

Anyway, I like to check out different scenario options and such during lunch and breaks *cough**cough* and downloading/burning to DVD at home then trying to remember to bring the disk in is cumbersome at best. That, and when I have an idea to check something, I usually wind up forgetting what I wanted to look at by the time I get home.

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but is there a mirror to orbit-hangar around?

I am in the same orbital plane as Biscuit. OrbitHangar is blocked by our content filter, but strangely it is so far the only Oribiter-related site I can find that is inaccessible from the office.

I would like to be able to download some addons from work, maybe from this site or from wherever, since things are so busy at home in the evenings I often forget about what I was going to download. But if not, no big deal. Not the end of the world. I have a 40GB external portable USB drive that works well to bring add-ons from home :p and is much cheaper in the long run than the DVDs I had been burning.

Biscuit

Donator
Reaction score
Not a problem. Honestly, it's not worth trying to fight with new modules in vBulletin ...

I've got the base set up ... just that every now and then I see an addon advert that looks handy and wind up forgetting about it after I get home to the kids.

It would be easier if I could remember where I mislaid my USB drive ... but, blanks are cheap.

:dry:

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
I am in the same orbital plane as Biscuit. OrbitHangar is blocked by our content filter, but strangely it is so far the only Oribiter-related site I can find that is inaccessible from the office.

I would like to be able to download some addons from work, maybe from this site or from wherever, since things are so busy at home in the evenings I often forget about what I was going to download. But if not, no big deal. Not the end of the world. I have a 40GB external portable USB drive that works well to bring add-ons from home :p and is much cheaper in the long run than the DVDs I had been burning.

I hope you don't get fired for consuming the company bandwidth...
Downloading all existing addons would be like downloading a few DVDs...
It would be far worst than watching videos from YouTube...

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I hope you don't get fired for consuming the company bandwidth...
Downloading all existing addons would be like downloading a few DVDs...
It would be far worst than watching videos from YouTube...

LOL True, but I would only be downloading from work now and then, only during lunch, and the majority of addons are not that big, most on the order of a few hundred KB.

What I find really odd is that the company recently unblocked YouTube...:blink:

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
I reckon we could learn from the M6 incident we should store all the orbiter addons in some sort of CD and every 1 month we add the ones that have been added preferably the new ones that came out in that last month