AlignPlaneMFD Align Plane II with DG IV ?

Leospace

Reaction score
Hello,
I wonder myself if MFD Align Plane II v 1.2 (including an Autopilot to align orbital planes) works with the ship DG IV ?

The documentation says it is ok with the ship DG III.
Thanks for your help.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Hasn't it worked when you tried it yourself? If so, is there any problem with it or an error message in Orbiter.log?

Leospace

Reaction score
Hello,
After Inc and LAN inputs, I did RUN (calculations), then I centered with the button FD the attitude screen FDAI (the cross was perfectly at center Roll - Yaw - Pitch), then I engaged the autopilot MFD Align Planes II (with the button PLT) but it aborts, at the end of the countdown.

I have also checked the attitude cross 30 seconds before the end of the countdown, and it was perfect : the attitude indicator always green.

I have tried several times with the ship DG IV, but the autopilot aborts again.
The ship was on a circularized orbit before using MFD Align Plane II (the target and the ship DG IV orbiting around the Moon).

I do not know where the file Orbiter.log is.

Last edited:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I do not know where the file Orbiter.log is.

It is in the root of the orbiter directory where the orbiter.exe file lives. If you have extensions hidden it will be called 'orbiter' as the .log extension will be missing but it will have a notepad style icon next to it.

sorindafabico

Reaction score
If you want an alignment autopilot, try [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5269"]Universal Autopilots[/ame], by Artlav.

Leospace

Reaction score
Oh yes, Thanks !
UAP (release 0.3.1) works to do alignment, with a rinc_delta = 0,01.

billeinstein

Reaction score
The UAP can't handle the space shuttle's 15 degrees of OMS engines' pitch. When using this MFD to AP the Atlantis, this will destroy the orbit.
Another problem is it can't track decent node launch azimuth(heading south)in launch and lift off.