Question About Reshade

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I have recently installed and played a bit with this addon (Reshade) and its settings.

So far I was not able to get something satisfactory, mainly due to my lack of knowledge on how to use the different variables available with this tool.
I also noticed a drop in FPS when Reshade is active (I would say an avarage of 20%)

Reshade has been out there for quite a while still I have the impression it is not a popular addon at all.
I wonder why is that and I would appreciate any feedback/suggestion from its users about their settings and outcomes in Orbiter2016 with D3D9 GC.

Thanks

clipper

Reaction score
From my (rather limited) personal experience with ReShade, I'd say that the FPS drop is quite normal as I had roughly the same drop as you did. As for why it's not that popular, well I personally think that the default visuals of Orbiter 2016+D3D9 are quite satisfactory and generally more "realistic" than what ReShade offers, and you should keep in mind that things like ReShade or ENB are usually intended to make games prettier and more cinematic which doesn't necessarily mean realistic. Another thing is that generally people spend most of the time looking at MFD's and/or panels both of which can look weird when using post-processing through a third-party software like ReShade or ENB.