Idea a ummu suggestion that could be essential

Traunmark5

Reaction score
I think it could be awesome if UMMU could utilize the same kind of grapling that URMS uses. UMMU then could then be used to grab on to anything within range including other ummu. could be realy helpfull in rescue missions. ummu could also grapple to space stations or inside of space stations expanding the possibility of fully functional interior and navagatable space stations. this one change could open a world of possibalities.:)

palebluevoice

Loud, fat weirdo
Donator
Reaction score
I think it could be awesome if UMMU could utilize the same kind of grapling that URMS uses. UMMU then could then be used to grab on to anything within range including other ummu. could be realy helpfull in rescue missions. ummu could also grapple to space stations or inside of space stations expanding the possibility of fully functional interior and navagatable space stations. this one change could open a world of possibalities.:)

There is a way to grab onto things, but not like the URMS. If I remember correctly, you can grab onto other UMMUs, certain vessels and crates. It's been a while since I've played orbiter(busy!) but I believe its "g". Check the UMMU manual in the orbiter directory for other hotkeys.

Traunmark5

Reaction score
im sorry. i mean in addition to the standard g and b keys. to make interaction more versitile

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A universal grappling system for UMMUs would be very usefull. It could even be used to move around a hull.

wehaveaproblem

One step closer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wehaveaproblem.wordpress.com
It would be nice if UMMUs themselves could attach their feet to the end of an arm, and use their arms as the crane grapple. No idea on feasibility of this though.

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A level of health is added to the background, so that when a UMMU gets injured, he can wait a certain amount of time to heal.

And if he was dying, it could happen slowly, rather than a quick thump on the ground.

It would increase realism, I don't mean this as a gross thing. :p

Mattyv

Rocket Scientist in Training
Reaction score
A level of health is added to the background, so that when a UMMU gets injured, he can wait a certain amount of time to heal.

And if he was dying, it could happen slowly, rather than a quick thump on the ground.

It would increase realism, I don't mean this as a gross thing. :p

Somehow, I think taking your suit off in a vacuum would have rather instantaneous results.;)

csanders

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Somehow, I think taking your suit off in a vacuum would have rather instantaneous results.;)

Surprisingly, scientists believe you would be able to live for a few seconds.

Anyway, it would be nice in a situation I once had. I had a "brand new" UCGO ISS in orbit (it had no food/water or oxygen or crew), and I was flying up the first crew and some oxygen and food. I proceeded to send the entire crew to their instant death as I transferred them all into the ISS without first unloading the oxygen. :facepalm:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
& even, weirder they say that you shouldnt hold your breath :huh:

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
oh mg that is freaky. hmm hmm hmm la de da this new space suit is pretty groovy and comforta....... *PASS OUT*

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
T.Neo and I briefly played with a series on handrails for the ISS so that the UMMU could grappy on to them and move around. It didn't really work very well.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Which would cause overpressure in your bloodflow making the pressure in your cranial reigon to skyrocket (no pun...i swear!) and asplode....

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It would be nice if UMMUs themselves could attach their feet to the end of an arm, and use their arms as the crane grapple. No idea on feasibility of this though.

just add a attachment point at the feet and have the arm grab them.

icedown

Reaction score
You can capture a UMMU with the URMS. If the other arms work off of attachment points, it shouldn't be hard to add one to a UMMU config.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I added these lines to the Ummu .cfg and get these results.

BEGIN_ATTACHMENT
P 0.0 -1.05 0.0 0 -1 0 0 0 1 rms
END_ATTACHMENT

One is the Atlantis RMS and the other is my MMSEV2
ummurms1.jpg

ummurms2.jpg

Kobayashi

Kobanauta
Reaction score
what about getting old?

what i am trying to say is if you do an interplanetary travel of 2 years the ummu's age will be +2

And if they are about 70 o 80 they die.

Whatever... just an idea

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
what about getting old?

what i am trying to say is if you do an interplanetary travel of 2 years the ummu's age will be +2

And if they are about 70 o 80 they die.

Whatever... just an idea

Well, you know, like there isnt enough ways that we kill them already :lol: