Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:44 PM   #61
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
 Thanks for the effort Dave but there is now a problem in the nose area just beside the flight deck windows (both left and right):the outer area partially overlaps the inner one and as the result a section of the nose area (where the black "tears" are located) disappears.

Here is the .psd file. I highlighted one tile towards the edge (in RED) that in the sim view is shifted inside (in GREEN). The black tears were deleted only to take this screenshot and better locate the tile highlighted (of course they were there when the DDS file was genrated).
Attachment 15607

Here what happens in the sim looking at the same tile. The left tear fully disapppears (the right one only partially since the pics show Discovery)
Attachment 15608

Also the old Side hatch issue is now back
Attachment 15609
Issues have been fixed but as SF.net is down again, I can't check in the updated mesh.
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-01-2018, 07:48 PM   #62
Wolf
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donamy View Post
 Wolf, do you have AC3D ? It would make it a lot easier to see the mesh and textures, than having to run the game.
I don't
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:15 PM   #63
Donamy
Beta Tester

You can get a 14 day trial to try it out.

http://www.inivis.com/downloads.html
Donamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-02-2018, 05:10 PM   #64
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 You can get a 14 day trial to try it out.

http://www.inivis.com/downloads.html
And you're going to need this plug in in order to import/export Orbiter *.msh files: https://www.inivis.com/supercoldmilk...sh_impexp.html
Thanked by:
Old 03-02-2018, 05:29 PM   #65
Wolf
Donator

Is the server still down? I tried to check if you updated the mesh on SVN but the message says it s unable to connect due to server down..
Old 03-02-2018, 05:40 PM   #66
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 Is the server still down? I tried to check if you updated the mesh on SVN but the message says it s unable to connect due to server down..
Yes, it is still down. This is the latest update:

Old 03-02-2018, 05:44 PM   #67
Wolf
Donator

One question: following the last SVN update I now have a warning symbol on the meshes/SSU/orbiter.mesh and Texture/SSU/Discovery_9thmod.DDS folders and files.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SSU WARN_01.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	15610

Click image for larger version

Name:	SSU WARN_02.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	15611

Before the update I had copied and pasted an old orbiter.mesh file in the related folder to check some details of my textures. During the recompile I got a conflict warning from VS about these files.

Could this cause some problems with future updates and how can I fix that?
Old 03-02-2018, 05:47 PM   #68
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 One question: following the last SVN update I now have a warning symbol on the meshes/SSU/orbiter.mesh and Texture/SSU/Discovery_9thmod.DDS folders and files.

Attachment 15610

Attachment 15611

Before the update I had copied and pasted an old orbiter.mesh file in the related folder to check some details of my textures. During the recompile I got a conflict warning from VS about these files.

Could this cause some problems with future updates and how can I fix that?
That symbol indicates some kind of conflict exists. Just right-click on them select Resolve from the TortoiseSVN menu: https://tortoisesvn.net/docs/nightly...conflicts.html
Old 03-02-2018, 05:51 PM   #69
Wolf
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 That symbol indicates some kind of conflict exists. Just right-click on them select Resolve from the TortoiseSVN menu: https://tortoisesvn.net/docs/nightly...conflicts.html
Done. Thanks.
Waiting for your mesh fix as soon as the server will be working again

PS I know it's a million dollar question: when do you guys think version 5.0 will be realeased? Ok I know it's going to be on a Tuesday , I don't need the exact day but if you could forecast a time frame like "within 2 months" or "in 1 year from now" I would really appreciate. I am asking simply cause I was thinking about repainting Columbia, Challenger and the previous versions of the other OV's. Since texture job is very time consuming that will depend on how long roughly 4.2 will be kept alive.

Last edited by Wolf; 03-02-2018 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:16 PM   #70
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 Done. Thanks.
Waiting for your mesh fix as soon as the server will be working again

PS I know it's a million dollar question: when do you guys think version 5.0 will be realeased? Ok I know it's going to be on a Tuesday , I don't need the exact day but if you could forecast a time frame like "within 2 months" or "in 1 year from now" I would really appreciate. I am asking simply cause I was thinking about repainting Columbia, Challenger and the previous versions of the other OV's. Since texture job is very time consuming that will depend on how long roughly 4.2 will be kept alive.
I'd like it to be this year, but there are still several things that MUST be done for SSU to work well in Orbiter 2016.
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:44 PM   #71
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 I'd like it to be this year, but there are still several things that MUST be done for SSU to work well in Orbiter 2016.
I have done several complete missions and the main stopping block is the lack of altimeters/radar altimeters to deal with the terrain. Currently landing at EDW is a bit complicated as our instrumentation assumes a perfectly flat Earth (IE 2010 and earlier). But in 2016 EDW is located some 2200 ft higher, throwing our instrumentation off.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:10 PM   #72
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 I have done several complete missions and the main stopping block is the lack of altimeters/radar altimeters to deal with the terrain. Currently landing at EDW is a bit complicated as our instrumentation assumes a perfectly flat Earth (IE 2010 and earlier). But in 2016 EDW is located some 2200 ft higher, throwing our instrumentation off.
I'm working on the terrain, and for the instrumentation I'll just have to "hack" something into the existing DPS, as Urwumpe said there'll be no developments in that area this year ... but we are going off topic for this thread.
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 05:47 PM   #73
Donamy
Beta Tester

Why would Version 5 affect Wolf's textures ?
Donamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:10 PM   #74
Wolf
Donator

Quote:
 Why would Version 5 affect Wolf's textures ?
AFAIK the nose section has been reshaped and the 4.2 textures won’t fit in 5.0
The elevons are also different though DaveS just changed the 4.2 mesh in that area to match with 5.0. Tere is some difference in the OMS pods I think.
Maybe there s more stuff which I m not aware of.
For sure the 4.2 textures do not work with 5.0
Old 03-04-2018, 12:33 PM   #75
DaveS
Addon Developer

The main reason why the 4.2 textures won't fit the currently in work new orbiter mesh is primarily due that the new mesh has a new texture mapping as a result of the underbody texture being moved to its own texture file. This freed up some space for a better map layout. The OMS pods retain their 4.2 mapping as does ARCS "stingers" as does the main fuselage.

Here's the current in work map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5izkkwcu0m...xture.jpg?dl=0

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Quote:
SF.net is back online and the fixed mesh has been checked in.
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development