Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Web Forum A forum for general Orbiter-related comments and discussion. Post your questions about Orbiter and addons in the appropriate forums below. Upload your Orbiter screen shots to our gallery HERE!

Old 02-24-2019, 03:37 PM   #1
christopher22
Orbinaut
Default Flying to the moon - calculating manual burns

Ok, I haven't been here for a while but I couldn't find any posts on this.

Are there any tutorials, or can someone point out the best way to fly to the moon .. manually. The challenge here would be to launch to orbit from any time and calculate exactly and for how long you need to start an engine burn to adjust orbits etc.

How accurate would it be to calculate when manual burns and for how long should be applied to correct orbits (ie correct inclination orbits to the moon to ready for injection - where to point ship to direct a burn etc.. etc..)

I know you can do corrections on the fly, but let's say you're only allowed to make adjustments based on what you've calculated. Has this been done?
christopher22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:43 PM   #2
C3PO
Donator

I remember doing this over a decade ago. I went to the Moon using OrbitMFD and a calculator.

There are some sources in the external links section, including this: http://www.braeunig.us/space/orbmech.htm#maneuver

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

I haven't tried this myself: https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showth...739#post275287
C3PO is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum