Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

OrbitHangar Addons & Comments Addons uploaded at Orbithangar.com will automatically generate a new thread in this forum for comments. The thread link will also be included on the addons page.

Old 03-05-2019, 04:34 PM   #106
BrianJ
thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrygolden View Post
 Hey Brian
Still can't get the chopper to move
Focus on "GoSearcher" and spawn the AS350 [J]
Activate Flight Deck [K]

Focus on AS350 and start engine [K], wait for warm-up ~60s (rotors go blurry when ready), then crank up the throttle.

Any good?
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-05-2019, 05:10 PM   #107
Donamy
Beta Tester

So much fun !!!!!
Donamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-05-2019, 11:28 PM   #108
gattispilot
Addon Developer

So I am not being able to lift the copter off. Is it attached to the flight deck?

I got in the copter and pressed K to start the rotors spinning. I waited and apply throttle. but no lift off. After a bit I got a CTD.
gattispilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:59 AM   #109
Donamy
Beta Tester

When you're on the ship you have to press K to turn on the flight deck. Kinda threw me at first.
Donamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:37 PM   #110
BrianJ
thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattispilot View Post
 So I am not being able to lift the copter off. Is it attached to the flight deck?

I got in the copter and pressed K to start the rotors spinning. I waited and apply throttle. but no lift off. After a bit I got a CTD.
Hi,
try following the steps in my post above.If it still doesn't work, exit scenario and post your (current state).scn and orbiter.log.

Yes, flight deck has an attachment point. It's passive until you switch it on [K] (don't want GoSearcher using CPU checking vessels/attachments/engines while you're in orbit, no point)

Cheers,
Brian
Old 03-06-2019, 02:15 PM   #111
barrygolden
Orbinaut

Ok I was able to get this to fly and its way cool. I guess I didn't see the go back to the ship and push the K key. Just some thoughts you might do a landing pad near the crew quarters and a dock for the barge and a carrier for the Falcon 9 1st stage to drive back to KSC, I think someone had done the Shuttle carrier which is what is being used. You would need a crane at the Port as well
barrygolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-06-2019, 03:05 PM   #112
PhantomCruiser
Wanderer

Hey, if any of you dudes are interested... Alphonso (creator of axmpapermodels) has a really good paper model of the Dragon II.
Link here - http://axmpaperspacescalemodels.com/...3FYQ1Cb79vCB_I

Scroll down a bit amd over on the right you should see "Docking model", that'll be the one. If you print it 203.33% It'll equal 1:48 scale (as-is it's 1:100)
PhantomCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-07-2019, 04:34 PM   #113
BrianJ
thing

Looks like GoSearcher is a bit further back along the DM-1 reentry groundtrack than I guessed, at N30.69 W76.75 .
Old 03-09-2019, 06:44 PM   #114
pappy2
Orbinaut

EXTRAORDINAIRE WORK

This mission DM-1 is very well restored and realizable reality.

Very good precision of the landing.

Thank you to all of you.

Last edited by pappy2; 03-09-2019 at 06:49 PM.
pappy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:37 PM   #115
Marg
Orbinaut

Now it is obvious how important is this good looking water of DX9 client... for US space missions...
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 06:26 PM   #116
barrygolden
Orbinaut

Hey does anyone have info about the upper stage that NASA bought to boost the ISS early nin it development? It was too be used before the russian service module was ready.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:42 PM   #117
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrygolden View Post
 Hey does anyone have info about the upper stage that NASA bought to boost the ISS early nin it development? It was too be used before the russian service module was ready.
Wasn't an upper stage, it was a spacecraft called the Interim Control Module (ICM). The ICM was contracted and built by the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) in case the Russian Service Module ("Zvezda") either was lost or ran into a very long development delay. It was to dock with the aft docking port on the FGB ("Zarya") and was to provide early attitude and orbit-changing capabilities, essentially duplicating the propulsive capabilities of the SM. Once the SM had been launched and docked successfully, the ICM was put into storage and forgotten about.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j60crj3k4f...odule.jpg?dl=0
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-19-2019, 02:02 PM   #118
barrygolden
Orbinaut

Dave S much thanks. It had been quite a while sense that time and I couldn't remember what it was called. I did see it once at JSC and was told that it was just unclassified and was used as a spinner to keep stable and that NASA was working to add a pressurisation system to retrofit the fuel tanks so it didn't have to spin. The truth is that it used the descent stage of a Lunar module and extra fuel was in tanks where the cargo was kept.
again thanks a bunch
Old 03-19-2019, 03:20 PM   #119
martins
Orbiter Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy2 View Post

Just to tick off my pedantic nitpicking post requirement for today: the mesh group(s) for the chopper's rotating rotors should probably be marked not to cast a shadow (FLAG 1). Otherwise: very impressive visuals!
martins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:44 PM   #120
BrianJ
thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by martins View Post
 Just to tick off my pedantic nitpicking post requirement for today: the mesh group(s) for the chopper's rotating rotors should probably be marked not to cast a shadow (FLAG 1). Otherwise: very impressive visuals!
Thanks! I'll give it a try :-)

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments