Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

OrbitHangar Addons & Comments Addons uploaded at Orbithangar.com will automatically generate a new thread in this forum for comments. The thread link will also be included on the addons page.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:50 PM   #16
Blake
Addon Developer

Thanks for the feed back Abullah, looks like I missed some tweaks on the animations.

What client are you using?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 01:56 PM   #17
Abdullah Radwan
Addon Developer

I am not sure what you mean by 'client'. I am using Orbiter 2016, XRSound 1.1 and D3D9 Client r996m.

I'll PM you the modified source code. Just added sound, nothing else. It's based on the latest GitHub repository revision. I can send it in another way if you want.
Abdullah Radwan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 02:44 PM   #18
Blake
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah Radwan View Post
 I am not sure what you mean by 'client'. I am using Orbiter 2016, XRSound 1.1 and D3D9 Client r996m.

I'll PM you the modified source code. Just added sound, nothing else. It's based on the latest GitHub repository revision. I can send it in another way if you want.
By client I mean D3D9 vs inline. The mesh tolerance seems to be different between the two, so what works inline does not always behave the same D3D9. I do all development inline, and then run through a test in D3D9, but I don't always catch everything.

By sound, do you mean changes to the XRSound config Kyle_E did? There is no sound in the SR71 code itself.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:46 PM   #19
Abdullah Radwan
Addon Developer

I know there no sound in the code itself. I've added it to the code. It took a lot of time
Old 02-03-2019, 02:54 PM   #20
Blake
Addon Developer

Do a pull request in github and I'll take a look. I am trying to keep this free from dependencies on other add-ons, so if it is self-contained I'll certainly consider adding it.

I have fixes for the animation issues I'll put up in github later today.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:59 PM   #21
Abdullah Radwan
Addon Developer

Don't worry. Nothing will happen if XRSound isn't installed. XRSound handler inside the code won't be null even if XRSound isn't installed (Great thing from XRSound developers). I've tested the aircraft with XRSound disabled and it works without problems.

There are no external sound files, just using default sound files that come with XRSound installation.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:35 PM   #22
Kyle_E
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah Radwan View Post
 It doesn't work well. When I open the cargo door, the sound is still running even when the door is fully opened.
Sorry the config does not work with the latest version. I wasn't going to update it until the animations get sorted out; but if you have built the sound into the code that is even better!
Kyle_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:45 PM   #23
Blake
Addon Developer

I have updated github with the fixes for the animation issues. I also put the new version (1.2.1) on OrbitHanger.

Touchdown points: No change. With Orbiter 2016 these are now part of a larger 'mesh' that describes the shape of the vessel. Adjusting those points with the landing gear is on my todo list.

Sound: I'll look at the sound code, but I'm hesitant to put in anything that would be specific to any sound manager. I'll admit however, I have never looked at sound and I have no idea how that works. Happy to learn. Some type of generic sound event hook, or call would be nice.

Re-entry: The procedure in the manual is just something I came up with and I have not tried that with the 2016 version. I have also not tried any of the re-entry MFDs that are available, I don't know how they would work. A re-entry program in the flight computer is something that interests me from a development stand point, so that is on the list. As well as ascent.

Flight Computer: This is a work in progress and is were my current development interest is. It just does not do much at the moment.

Documentation: <insert template developer excuse here >
Old 02-03-2019, 07:31 PM   #24
Abdullah Radwan
Addon Developer

I've sent a pull request, based on the latest commit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
 Sound: I'll look at the sound code, but I'm hesitant to put in anything that would be specific to any sound manager. I'll admit however, I have never looked at sound and I have no idea how that works. Happy to learn. Some type of generic sound event hook, or call would be nice.
I can understand your hesitant because if the sound engine is no longer supported, you will have to re-write the sound code.
However, using a sound engine will make your life much easier, you have default sound files that come with every installation (Prevent duplicates), an easy to use SDK with a lot of functions, advance memory management (Important if your project is big), etc. And we don't have a new Orbiter version every week so it doesn't worth to use a generic solution.

If you still want a generic solution, you have Enjo MFDSound++ library. It's based on Windows SDK so the sound works without any need to external engines. But it's very limited and doesn't contain advanced functions.

Quote:
 Re-entry: The procedure in the manual is just something I came up with and I have not tried that with the 2016 version. I have also not tried any of the re-entry MFDs that are available, I don't know how they would work. A re-entry program in the flight computer is something that interests me from a development stand point, so that is on the list. As well as ascent.
To re-enter, you need BaseSyncMFD to align the base, and AerobrakeMFD to perform the actual re-entry. AerobrakeMFD shows the expected trajectory to the touchdown based on AoA, as well as many useful data. It needs a data file for each vessel class. The way to create a data file described in the manual.

Quote:
 Documentation: <insert template developer excuse here >
Documentation is very important. Without proper documentation, you are the only one who can use the vessel
I understand how bad writing a manual is, but it's really necessary for other users.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Even with the updated, the gauges still not correctly displayed. Hover doors and airbrake are good.
Photos:
LH2 indicator doesn't appear.

LOX indicator is a little below the white dot (assuming it's the mounting point).
Old 02-03-2019, 07:38 PM   #25
Blake
Addon Developer

That is odd, I'm not seeing the gauge issue in D3D9 client, or inline. I may have an older client, let me update and try again.
Old 02-03-2019, 07:40 PM   #26
Abdullah Radwan
Addon Developer

The VC mesh in deploy folder isn't updated in the last commit. Don't forget to update it!
Old 02-03-2019, 10:20 PM   #27
Blake
Addon Developer

It appears to be correct in github. I created a new zip and updated Orbit Hanger with the latest, let me know if that helps. I still need to get the latest D3D9 client and test.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:45 AM   #28
Abdullah Radwan
Addon Developer

Quote:
 It appears to be correct in github. I created a new zip and updated Orbit Hanger with the latest, let me know if that helps. I still need to get the latest D3D9 client and test.
I'll re-clone and see if the bug is fixed.

Currently, I've noticed 2 bugs in save state:
1. Pitch trim isn't saved.
2. RCS isn't saved correctly. It always on LIN.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:52 AM   #29
Abdullah Radwan
Addon Developer

Also, something very odd happened. Suddenly all gauges show 0, and I can't move any switch. Scenario file is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: scn (Current state).scn (1.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-04-2019, 05:31 AM   #30
Abdullah Radwan
Addon Developer

A more precise description: All gauges and switches move to their lowest position and it can't be moved. It happened suddenly while wrapping time in orbit. Photo:

Another bug: External supply status isn't saved.

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments