Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum > OFMM
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

OFMM Discussions for the OFMM project.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:44 AM   #31
Izack
Non sequitur

That's why I didn't specify the Arrow cargoes.

And yeah...I don't know how to get the Azure down there. The Arrow can't land on Mars without cheating...

I was thinking the second operation could have the James Cook as its centerpiece, and it could build a station in LMO, but hey, whatever you guys want.

I'd like to get flying by Tuesday, so the problems have to be dealt with. Maybe cheating is acceptable... Instead of relaunching the DGIV, just leave the beacon out and land the Arrow directly.
Izack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:51 AM   #32
Bj
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izack View Post
 That's why I didn't specify the Arrow cargoes.

And yeah...I don't know how to get the Azure down there. The Arrow can't land on Mars without cheating...

I was thinking the second operation could have the James Cook as its centerpiece, and it could build a station in LMO, but hey, whatever you guys want.

I'd like to get flying by Tuesday, so the problems have to be dealt with. Maybe cheating is acceptable... Instead of relaunching the DGIV, just leave the beacon out and land the Arrow directly.

Azure cannot actually land on ground without the Arrow, but that doesn't mean you really need to scratch the Cook. Make multiple stations. The Cook can carry cargo too, use cargo deck... just make sure your weight added still leaves you enough fuel to get back unless you want to cheat ( more )
Bj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:59 AM   #33
Izack
Non sequitur

I just don't like the idea of having the Phobos and Mars crews being separated even more than they are already. Ah well, it's not like they can hang around for a year and a half for the next ship before they land.
...Unless the Arrow is powerful enough to bypass the launch window, and fly directly? I haven't messed with it enough to know... If that were the case, then a second Arrow could be sent just a month later, and the first one can land.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:16 AM   #34
Bj
Donator

Quote:
 I just don't like the idea of having the Phobos and Mars crews being separated even more than they are already. Ah well, it's not like they can hang around for a year and a half for the next ship before they land.
...Unless the Arrow is powerful enough to bypass the launch window, and fly directly? I haven't messed with it enough to know... If that were the case, then a second Arrow could be sent just a month later, and the first one can land.
Not sure about the launch window requirements of the Arrow.

I was thinking of the Mars crew really as just a 'touch Mars crew' for this first part *tell me if it isn't, they could return to Phobos within a month to help with whatever.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:42 AM   #35
Izack
Non sequitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bj View Post

I was thinking of the Mars crew really as just a 'touch Mars crew' for this first part *tell me if it isn't, they could return to Phobos within a month to help with whatever.
Yeah, it's just a touch crew. That's why it was just a DGIV at first.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:51 AM   #36
fireballs619
Occam's Taser

I suppose I'll get back into this, eh? I couldn't stay away from the project for long.

I can fly any type of mission, but interplanetary might go horribly, horribly wrong :D.

On another note, is there any way of sending out group wide messages? Half of the people in the OFMM group have probably forgotten about it, because it took so long in conceptual stages. That might generate interest in OFMM Lite, as well as OFMM hardcore. Just my thoughts.
fireballs619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:55 AM   #37
Izack
Non sequitur

Welcome back, Fireball!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireballs619 View Post
 On another note, is there any way of sending out group wide messages? Half of the people in the OFMM group have probably forgotten about it, because it took so long in conceptual stages. That might generate interest in OFMM Lite, as well as OFMM hardcore. Just my thoughts.
Well, I could individually PM each of them...
Old 07-31-2010, 06:27 AM   #38
dgatsoulis
ele2png user

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bj View Post
An Arrow, fully fuelled but with no cargo has an estimated total DV of approximately 92.4 km/s. That's plenty of power. No need to worry about launch windows.
(Of course, we have to take the weight of the cargo into consideration... but still...) the Arrow can handle a mission to Mars - launch anyday- easily.
dgatsoulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:59 AM   #39
Tex
O-F Administrator

What were your plans for the schedule? Do you have your own program for this or did you want me to create an OFMM calendar on the forum here like I did for OFSS?

The forum calendar isn't the easiest thing in the world to work with, but it comes with benefits like listing events on the home page as well as event reminders for the members in which the forum will automatically notify you in advance of your mission date.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:46 PM   #40
Izack
Non sequitur

Hmm, sounds like a good idea if I can figure it out. Let's give it a shot.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:16 PM   #41
Tex
O-F Administrator

Here you go. I set the permissions so only you and Bj can post events. Let me know if others need the same permissions.

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/calendar.php?c=3
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 07-31-2010, 11:38 PM   #42
fireballs619
Occam's Taser

Looking at the signup thread, we have 31 people there. I assume you will assign them missions and message them as such? If you want, I can do the messaging. That is, of course, if we are going to do that
fireballs619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:56 PM   #43
Bj
Donator

Quote:
 Looking at the signup thread, we have 31 people there. I assume you will assign them missions and message them as such? If you want, I can do the messaging. That is, of course, if we are going to do that
Before you assign people and dates, make sure you have the first scenario built and every mission in detail of what the pilot is supposed to do.. ext ext. ..And what constitutes the end of the Mission. (which mostly you already have)

Also, how the pilot is going to report what he is doing... are we going to use IRC or was that a personal choice?
Old 07-31-2010, 11:58 PM   #44
FSXHD
Heterotroph

Quote:
 I can fly any type of mission, but interplanetary might go horribly, horribly wrong :D
Same for me.
FSXHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:53 AM   #45
Alexw95
Addon Developer

I can fly anything although im a bit rusty on interplanetary so i dont know how fuel efficiant i am and btw the hangar is done with the dll just need textures so we can use that
Alexw95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum > OFMM