Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

OrbitHangar Addons & Comments Addons uploaded at Orbithangar.com will automatically generate a new thread in this forum for comments. The thread link will also be included on the addons page.

Old
Addon Comments
Arrow OSIRIS-REx
by OrbitHangar 04-25-2019, 02:58 PM

Author: brianj

The Osiris_Rex spacecraft, AtlasV launcher and launch-pad SLC-41, asteroid Bennu. Launch and post-launch scenarios. Operation and installation instructions in /Doc/Osiris_REx/ folder. Installation of Bennu requires editing /Config/Sol.cfg.

Spacecraft feat.deployable Touch-and-Go(TAGSAM)sampler arm, simulated sample acquisition and spin-testing, Sample Return Capsule(SRC) with automatic chute deployment, etc. Bennu elevation model by guess and luck.

Launch scenarios require:
"Multistage2015 for Orbiter2016"
https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=7010

With thanks to MartinS and all Orbinauts.

DOWNLOAD
Views 489 Comments 6
Total Comments 6

Comments

Old 05-08-2019, 11:01 PM   #2
Zach121k
Orbinaut

I like how I don't have to reference any old addons for this Atlas. Will the other add-ons get this treatment?
Zach121k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:18 PM   #3
BrianJ
thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach121k View Post
 I like how I don't have to reference any old addons for this Atlas. Will the other add-ons get this treatment?
Good :-) No Plans to update the other add-ons, though. Actually, I think it would make more sense to put the AtlasV and SLC41 meshes in a separate download, then have that as a requirement for MRO/LRO/SDO/Maven/InSight/etc. But I have more interesting Orbiter projects in hand, so no plans for updates at the moment.

Think I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Vinka and Fred18 for the awesomeness of the Multistage(2015).dll. Makes setting up a launcher so easy

Cheers,
Brian
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-09-2019, 12:43 PM   #4
barrygolden
Orbinaut

Hey Brian are you setting up the CRS 17 ?
barrygolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 01:04 PM   #5
BrianJ
thing

Hi Barry,
I thought Kyle had done a CRS17 scenario in his mission pack?
I can put the scenario I used up on the Cargo Dragon thread, if you like.
Cheers,
Brian
Thanked by:
Old 05-09-2019, 08:29 PM   #6
Zach121k
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianJ View Post
 Good :-) No Plans to update the other add-ons, though. Actually, I think it would make more sense to put the AtlasV and SLC41 meshes in a separate download, then have that as a requirement for MRO/LRO/SDO/Maven/InSight/etc. But I have more interesting Orbiter projects in hand, so no plans for updates at the moment.

Think I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Vinka and Fred18 for the awesomeness of the Multistage(2015).dll. Makes setting up a launcher so easy

Cheers,
Brian
I can Probably put that together if you want. Is that the only reason that older apps are required? For the pad and whatnot?
Zach121k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:18 PM   #7
BrianJ
thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach121k View Post
 I can Probably put that together if you want. Is that the only reason that older apps are required? For the pad and whatnot?
Well, that's one heck of an offer! But thinking about it, it will be more trouble than it's worth. Not only would you have to bundle the SLC41 and AtlasV(including all variants) into a package, but also remove them from LRO/MRO/SDO/etc.etc. and edit all scenarios and multistage .ini's to reference the new structure, and re-upload them. Aaaaargh. I wouldn't go there(or ask anyone else to) unless absolutely necessary!
Appreciate the offer, though
Cheers,
BrianJ

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments