Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Space Shuttle Ultra Support & development threads for Space Shuttle Ultra addon.

Old 04-22-2019, 05:08 PM   #2461
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
 So how would you practically fix the wing textures?
The distortions were fixed by me remapping the wings. I have attached a screenshot showing this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wing_no_distortion.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	16605  
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 04-22-2019, 05:25 PM   #2462
Wolf
Donator

Are you going to check in the updates on SVN?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:35 PM   #2463
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
 Are you going to check in the updates on SVN?
Yes, of course. I'll do that once I fixed everything on GLS's list.

Last edited by DaveS; 04-22-2019 at 05:40 PM.
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 04-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #2464
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 Yes, of course. I'll do that once I fixed everything on GLS's list.
If the wings are done, you could commit it, so Wolf can continue his work.
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:00 PM   #2465
GLS
Addon Developer

So, as we now a "COMPOOL", and parameters in it can be loaded/saved from/to the scenario file, I was thinking if it wouldn't be a good idea to put in there the target vessel of the. That way, a ground-up rendezvous could be made using the FDOMFD and then the onboard guidance, without the need to exit the sim to add the target vessel to the scenario.

Looking at the code (in the StateVectorSoftware class), there is also a t0Pos vector (position at T0) which is used to calculate the angle from the launch site for OMS-1/2... any idea if this is the correct implementation (save (only) the position at T0)? (if it doesn't require many lines to be re-written and helps in the rendezvous, IMO it is worth a bit of work)

In other news, I re-added the predictors to SPEC 50... they dance a bit too much IMO, but for now it's not that bad. The thing I that instead of "SPEC 50" I wrote "SPEC 51" in the commit message...
Editing the message doesn't work as a script is missing on the server side: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...do-i-create-it
Could our server gods add this one?
Old 04-23-2019, 09:10 PM   #2466
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 In other news, I re-added the predictors to SPEC 50... they dance a bit too much IMO, but for now it's not that bad. The thing I that instead of "SPEC 50" I wrote "SPEC 51" in the commit message...

Possible to do for a server admin - but not really necessary. Its maybe annoying, but not critical.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:14 PM   #2467
GLS
Addon Developer

I've been thinking and maybe my idea above isn't the best. Making the StateVectorSoftware run in MM101 would probably be a cleaner solution until "the proper way" is implemented. This way that software's scenario block is available pre-launch.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:30 PM   #2468
GLS
Addon Developer

Just committed a reworked NWS! Still place for much improvement, but at least now the force isn't generated in the GPCs, but instead in the Landing Gear class.

Interesting bit I found while researching:
Quote:
In early 1985, a meeting was held to discuss ways to upgrade the nosewheel steering system to a point at which the crew would be willing to use the nosewheel for steering. The nosewheel system had been used for only a short period on STS-9 as part of a DTO in which only the manual direct mode was used.

(...)

The baseline nosewheel steering system was not considered acceptable by the flight crew and engineers because a failure in GPC 2 or multiplexer-demultiplexer (MDM) 2 could cause the nosewheel to be commanded to full deflection. This would cause the Orbiter to depart the runway before the crew could turn the system off.
(emphasis mine)
Uhhh.... wow.

BTW: I implemented the improved version from the 90s.

Next is another push to improve the AerojetDAP, so hopefully it is less susceptible to the Aileron/Rudder fight (that can always happen, but it's happening too much right now), then raise panel C3 so C2 has +/- the correct size, and a few details in the displays, and that is probably it on the OV for SSU 5.0.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:31 PM   #2469
asdad
Orbinaut

Hello Again GLS , I have problem with SSU with last update when i compiled i get error like this : >Atlantis.cpp(343): error C2660: 'GetShuttleVerticalAeroCoefficients': function does not take 9 arguments can you fix it GLS ?
asdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-19-2019, 06:02 PM   #2470
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdad View Post
 Hello Again GLS , I have problem with SSU with last update when i compiled i get error like this : >Atlantis.cpp(343): error C2660: 'GetShuttleVerticalAeroCoefficients': function does not take 9 arguments can you fix it GLS ?
I missed committing Atlantis.h
It is up now, thanks!
Old 05-19-2019, 06:17 PM   #2471
asdad
Orbinaut

Thank's again
Old 05-20-2019, 10:37 PM   #2472
GLS
Addon Developer

I knew this would happen eventually... my laptop just shutdown itself down while running MOGE in the Intel GPU...
As it now has both feet in the grave, I doubt it will survive summer. I'll have to buy a new one earlier than I wanted.

On a positive note, I think I'm +/- finished with the AerojetDAP+guidance+aero business.
I still haven't cracked the issue that causes the "force fight", but it seems to be that the sign of the NY feedback isn't correct, or at least what is expected for the vehicle to trim the sideslip. Not sure what Orbiter is doing behind the curtains, or if our NY calculation is correct. I have to "hot-wire" the lateral force calculated in the aero tables to the DAP to see what I can learn, but this might not happen soon as there are other priorities.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:02 PM   #2473
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 I knew this would happen eventually... my laptop just shutdown itself down while running MOGE in the Intel GPU...
As it now has both feet in the grave, I doubt it will survive summer. I'll have to buy a new one earlier than I wanted.

Welcome to the club.

Funnily the problem only affects DirectX here. Java based games using OpenGL like Minecraft are not affected...
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:00 AM   #2474
asdad
Orbinaut

guys , i have one question: how to make SSME ignition in SSU different like STS-1 ? thank you

Last edited by asdad; 05-21-2019 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:04 AM   #2475
Wolf
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdad View Post
 guys , i have one question: how to make SSME ignition in SSU different like STS-1 ? thank you

Was it different for STS-1?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra