Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

OrbitHangar Addons & Comments Addons uploaded at Orbithangar.com will automatically generate a new thread in this forum for comments. The thread link will also be included on the addons page.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:02 PM   #16
LeePalmer
Orbinaut

Hi.

Import and dock them using scenario editor.

Cheers

LP
LeePalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:15 AM   #17
Fearless
Orbinaut

Thanks LP but I tried that. The normal method of docking via scenario editor doesn't seem to work.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:34 PM   #18
CTarana45
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
 Thanks LP but I tried that. The normal method of docking via scenario editor doesn't seem to work.
FFJumbo2008.zip, 15 megabytes, by Jon Marcure and Shawn Beard! Unarchive the files into a temp folder. I use C:\Temp. You should see seven folders that needs to be copied into Orbiter2016! One of the folders, Modules, has everything that Orbiter needs to run the addon! In that folders is another one called, Plugin. In that folder is FFSControl.dll & FFMControl.dll, these are mfds/managers that you need to active to use the shuttles and Cargo sleds!

Christopher Tarana
CTarana45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-02-2019, 01:37 PM   #19
Fearless
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTarana45 View Post
 FFJumbo2008.zip, 15 megabytes, by Jon Marcure and Shawn Beard! Unarchive the files into a temp folder. I use C:\Temp. You should see seven folders that needs to be copied into Orbiter2016! One of the folders, Modules, has everything that Orbiter needs to run the addon! In that folders is another one called, Plugin. In that folder is FFSControl.dll & FFMControl.dll, these are mfds/managers that you need to active to use the shuttles and Cargo sleds!

Christopher Tarana
Thanks for that CT, I've already activated those two modules.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:30 AM   #20
CTarana45
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
 Thanks for that CT, I've already activated those two modules.
Ctrl-F4 brings up the manager so you can make changes. Or you use the Function Menu in Orbiter 2016. The shuttles are "Attached" to the Firefly, that process is outlined in the manual!

Christopher Tarana
CTarana45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-04-2019, 12:48 AM   #21
Fearless
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTarana45 View Post
 Ctrl-F4 brings up the manager so you can make changes. Or you use the Function Menu in Orbiter 2016. The shuttles are "Attached" to the Firefly, that process is outlined in the manual!

Christopher Tarana
Cheers for that. I've used another method by editing the scenario file.

Thanks for your responses.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:18 AM   #22
Rothgar
Orbinaut

This is an awesome ship, I love it. The only thing I can't figure out is how to dock this vessel to a station. It has only one docking port (right under the cockpit) and with no downward thrust ability of the vehicle, it is almost impossible for me to align it with the targets docking port.

I tried to rotate the ship (so it is upside down related to the target) and apply small corrections, than rotate it back, but I find that way is very cumbersome and just feels wrong. In the TV series the Serenity could apply up and down forces without issues, but this is not the case with this model. How do you guys manage to dock this ship?
Rothgar is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments