Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Space Shuttle Ultra Support & development threads for Space Shuttle Ultra addon.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:49 PM   #2341
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 It's just the covers and the foam that goes on in the RPSF, nothing more. The stiffener rings are already there.
The rings are what is bolted. What is built-in the case is the stiffener ring stub, which is where the stiffener ring is bolted.
GLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:27 AM   #2342
Wolf
Donator

About the APU sound: I still hear them running when inside the Orbiter flight deck (internal view)
This is not supposed to happen, right?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 11:40 AM   #2343
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
 About the APU sound: I still hear them running when inside the Orbiter flight deck (internal view)
This is not supposed to happen, right?
Probably not...
I'll make it external only when I get home tonight.
Thanked by:
Old 03-26-2019, 11:50 AM   #2344
Wolf
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 Probably not...
I'll make it external only when I get home tonight.
I thought it was an issue on my end only since I have some weird stuff happening with Orbiter sound. For example during first stage if I switch the view to another vessel (i.e. the ISS) and then go back to SSU view the engines sounds is gone (as if I was already in second stage) this doesn’t always happen though. Also if I zoom away from the orbiter the SSME sound level does not decrease but it keeps the same volume instead.

I recently changed the SSME-sustain sound with a customized .wav file. Maybe this could be causing these issues?
Old 03-26-2019, 12:07 PM   #2345
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 I thought it was an issue on my end only since I have some weird stuff happening with Orbiter sound. For example during first stage if I switch the view to another vessel (i.e. the ISS) and then go back to SSU view the engines sounds is gone (as if I was already in second stage) this doesn’t always happen though. Also if I zoom away from the orbiter the SSME sound level does not decrease but it keeps the same volume instead.

I recently changed the SSME-sustain sound with a customized .wav file. Maybe this could be causing these issues?
Probably not. I'll look at those issues as well.
BTW: why would you switch to the ISS during first stage?
Old 03-26-2019, 12:18 PM   #2346
Wolf
Donator

Quote:
 BTW: why would you switch to the ISS during first stage?
Cause I totally trust your ascent guidance system

To be more clear the issue happens when I select another vessel (not just switching the view target) and even after replacing the .wav file with the originsl one

Last edited by Wolf; 03-26-2019 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:34 PM   #2347
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 Cause I totally trust your ascent guidance system

To be more clear the issue happens when I select another vessel (not just switching the view target) and even after replacing the .wav file with the originsl one
Are using just OrbiterSound? I'm thinking that this might be another OrbiterSound bug related to Orbiter 2016, OrbiterSound isn't fully compatible with Orbiter 2016, which is why dbeachy1 developed XRSound. XRSound can take full advantage of OrbiterSound implementations through a special bridge module developed by face, which can be found here:
SoundBridge

Could you try that and see if the problem goes away? If so, it isn't an SSU problem but rather an OrbiterSound problem.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Quote:
 The rings are what is bolted. What is built-in the case is the stiffener ring stub, which is where the stiffener ring is bolted.
I'm still not convinced as this document on damages that the STS-1 SRBs suffered, mentions the forward stiffener ring on page 21: https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/c...9820012361.pdf
Despite the poor quality of the photo, I can deduce that the component in question is the Sta. 1773.56 stiffener ring on the Right-Hand aft SRM segment.
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 01:44 PM   #2348
DaveS
Addon Developer

And here's where it is stated that the aft segment of the FWC SRM has "graphite/epoxy composite aft segment case cylinder with integral stiffener ring".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FWC-SRM_Diagram.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	16509  
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra