Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Beta
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Beta Topics related to Beta releases of Orbiter and Orbiter development.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:58 PM   #16
fort
Orbinaut

Don't take to much time for me for that. I speak english so badly that it's always difficult for me to be clear in my explanations. So, often, i try to find the solutions by myself.

The command line with textpack give me directly the help and the right command is:

texpack <Planet-tree-root> <Layer> [<Flags>]

It's what i've employed at first. Without path but as the file was in the same folder...With "Surf.tree" and, later with "Surf" only ( without extension ). Later with a path
e:\ ...( "Surf.tree" at the root of e:\ )

But for the moment, without success.

I 'm going to try a little more.

Last edited by fort; 08-16-2016 at 05:56 PM.
fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:11 PM   #17
DaveS
Addon Developer

fort, try this:

Code:
texpack ..\Textures\Earth Surf -e
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-16-2016, 05:13 PM   #18
Face
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort View Post
 The command line with textpack give me directly the help and the right command is:

texpack <Planet-tree-root> <Layer> [<Flags>]

It's what i've employed at first. Without path but as the file was in the same folder...With Surf.tree and later with Surf only ( without extension ). Later with a path
e:\ ...( Surf at the root of e:\ )
texpack - as well as treeman without the "-T" option - assume that there is an /Archive/ folder under the given root folder that contains the <Layer>.tree file.

So if you have e.g. an Orbiter installation under e:\orbiterbeta, and want to extract the tree for Earth, you need to have an e:\orbiterbeta\Textures\Earth\Archive\Surf.tree path. Then you can invoke "texpack e:\orbiterbeta\Textures\Earth Surf -e" to extract the tiles into e:\orbiterbeta\Textures\Earth\Surf\ .
Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-16-2016, 05:22 PM   #19
fort
Orbinaut

Thank you DaveS and Face.

Your answers:

"...assume that there is an /Archive/ folder..." ( at first, i wanted to add an Archive folder in the command line after the name of the planet; and even, at the beginning i wanted to do all the procedure out of Orbiter's folders without any particular structure; don't know if it's possible but your explanation...)

...made it and extract the files. That is the syntax. I'll remember it.

Thank you.

And Thank you Martin.

Last edited by fort; 08-16-2016 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:39 PM   #20
Jordan
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by martins View Post
 Maybe somebody could do a diff package again to reduce the download size.
Here we go.
Orbiter Patch RC3 to RC4

This time the Patch file is bigger (72mb), so I uploaded it on my OneDrive folder.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlLYuqtYT6hvb5OV5_KqrkO9IYM

Some files have been deleted in RC4.

These are

Textures/Callisto.tex
Textures/Europa.tex
Textures/Ganymede.tex
Textures/Io.tex

Orbiter.ico
zlib.dll

You have to manually delete them if necessary.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:52 PM   #21
fort
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
 Here we go.
Orbiter Patch RC3 to RC4
Once again, thank you Jordan. And by comparing the svn rc60 to the rc61 downloaded in separate folders, i confirm the abscence of the icon, zlib and the four textures ( callisto... and so on ) in the rev 61.

Good day.
Thanked by:
Old 08-16-2016, 06:08 PM   #22
DaveS
Addon Developer

Is there a short document on tileedit that outlines the most efficient way to use it to level terrain for stuff like runways?
Old 08-16-2016, 07:01 PM   #23
fort
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 Is there a short document on tileedit that outlines the most efficient way to use it to level terrain for stuff like runways?

I dont know if this can be sighted as a short document and can help ( i'm far to understand it's content but maybe later... ). It is question here of elevation and of runway - JMW question.

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthr...atlab+tileedit
Old 08-16-2016, 07:59 PM   #24
DaveS
Addon Developer

For me Tile Edit is very buggy. When I click on an area in the elevation view nothing seems to happen, no matter what "Mouse action" I have selected. Only the "Zoom and pan " action seems to work and that's in surface view. Not only that, it's very slow. So in my mind, Tile Edit needs some serious work. It reminds me of half-hearted VB applications back in the 90's, they had similar issues (crash-happy and slow).
Old 08-16-2016, 08:08 PM   #25
Face
Beta Tester

Quote:
 For me Tile Edit is very buggy. When I click on an area in the elevation view nothing seems to happen, no matter what "Mouse action" I have selected. Only the "Zoom and pan " action seems to work and that's in surface view. Not only that, it's very slow. So in my mind, Tile Edit needs some serious work. It reminds me of half-hearted VB applications back in the 90's, they had similar issues (crash-happy and slow).
Well, seems like another opportunity to create an Orbiter tool!
Thanked by:
Old 08-16-2016, 08:14 PM   #26
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
 Well, seems like another opportunity to create an Orbiter tool!
Happy to help! Yes, elevation modification right now is a bit of a hit-or-miss deal so any improvements are welcome here.
Thanked by:
Old 08-17-2016, 01:08 AM   #27
martins
Orbiter Founder

Well, it was only ever intended as a quick hack to let me find my way around the quadtree during development. For starters, the Matlab interface is a serious bottleneck. If one of the graphics wizards here is willing to write a Matlab-free replacement (maybe using Qt?) you are more than welcome.
martins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:00 AM   #28
Face
Beta Tester

Quote:
 Happy to help! Yes, elevation modification right now is a bit of a hit-or-miss deal so any improvements are welcome here.
Is it "only" to flatten area around bases/runways? Perhaps a first workable solution could be to convert elevation tiles to heightmaps, edit them with a graphics program, then convert back to elevation tile or even diff it to elevation modification tiles. I can imagine flattening by means of using a brush of a certain color, perhaps with heightmap and texture transparently overlayed. That way you don't have to create a full blown UI for it.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:37 AM   #29
Eduard
Orbinaut

I have some questions:
- With space shuttle Atlantis in orbit, when I try to use the key J to release the satellite or the key E to start MMU, nothing happens. What are the right new ways to do this? Or am I doing something wrong?
- When is the auto-refuel on pad function expected to work again? Or will this function finally be removed?

Furthermore, I would also like to say that I have not seen any CTDs anymore when doing time warps since Rev.59. The transfers between Earth and Moon are now going without problems. So it seems that this problem is realy fixed.
Eduard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 02:35 AM   #30
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
 Is it "only" to flatten area around bases/runways? Perhaps a first workable solution could be to convert elevation tiles to heightmaps, edit them with a graphics program, then convert back to elevation tile or even diff it to elevation modification tiles. I can imagine flattening by means of using a brush of a certain color, perhaps with heightmap and texture transparently overlayed. That way you don't have to create a full blown UI for it.
I'm afraid what I have in mind is a bit larger than just a runway or two. I want to flatten a rather large area to make room for airfields and other proper base items. Edwards for example is more than just the main concrete runway (22/04). It also consists of the runways on Roger's Dry Lake (Most early shuttle missions and the X-15 used one of these rather than the concrete runway). Then we have Vandenberg which consists of the main airfield on North Base with most of the SLCs located on South Base. Here we are talking about 10's square kilometers.
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Beta