Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > Brighton Lounge
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Brighton Lounge General off-topic discussions. Political or religious topics may only be posted in The Basement forum.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:10 PM   #91
Loru

for example: none
Loru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:21 PM   #92
K_Jameson
Orbinaut

I tried everything, included "none" - that was the first I tried - but it was all rejected.
K_Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 04:45 PM   #93
K_Jameson
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Jameson View Post
 I know, I know (facepalm)...

Well,

{image}

Ugly. Again.
So... we want compare?

{image}

{image}

And THAT THING should be the current interpretation of the Courier?
NO. WAY.
Speaking of the Imperial Courier, some time ago I tried to draw a personal version of this vessel (always inspired at the Frontier - Elite 2 original version), that should have a central role in a science fiction novel I'm writing.

Here a rough sketch of this vessel. Main modifications: the nacelle pylons aren't anymore deployable but fixed, with a wing profile; the engine nacelles are now aligned with the CoG of the spacecraft, fixing the main problem of the original Courier. Overall dimensions are a bit larger.

K_Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 01-24-2016, 01:03 PM   #94
Izack
Non sequitur

I don't have pictures because I had to go to work, but I discovered several new planets out by the Veil Nebula last night!
Izack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:04 PM   #95
orb
O-F Administrator
Ninja

"Elite Dangerous: Horizons" is now available as a "Season Pass" DLC for "Elite Dangerous":
http://store.steampowered.com/app/441340/

The earlier available "Elite Dangerous: Horizons" (AppID 419270) isn't being sold as a separate game anymore.
It has been removed completely from Steam and previous owners got instead "Elite Dangerous" game and "Elite Dangerous: Horizons Season Pass" DLC added in their Steam subscription package (https://steamdb.info/sub/84983/apps/).
orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-05-2016, 01:16 PM   #96
garyw
O-F Administrator

Too late.

David screwed up with this one. You buy Elite and then have to pay full price for what is early access DLC. No thanks. I'm quite annoyed at Frontier over this.
garyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-05-2016, 02:29 PM   #97
jedidia
shoemaker without legs

This does seem a very questionable decision...
jedidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:48 PM   #98
Hielor
Defender of Truth

I don't know, I think they deserve at least a little bit of credit for recognizing that they screwed up and fixing it.

And hey, as a bonus, they've gotten rid of all the negative reviews on the standalone horizons game!
Hielor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:05 PM   #99
jedidia
shoemaker without legs

Quote:
I don't know, I think they deserve at least a little bit of credit for recognizing that they screwed up and fixing it.
What do you mean, fixing it? Before, if you didn't have Elite dangerous yet, you could just buy Horizons as a new full-priced game, there you go.

Now you have to buy elite first, and still pay full price for the season pass. How's that fixing anything?
Old 02-05-2016, 10:54 PM   #100
Hielor
Defender of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidia View Post
 What do you mean, fixing it? Before, if you didn't have Elite dangerous yet, you could just buy Horizons as a new full-priced game, there you go.

Now you have to buy elite first, and still pay full price for the season pass. How's that fixing anything?
Uh...no, you don't have to pay "full price" for the season pass?

Before:
Elite Dangerous: Horizons was $59.99 on Steam

Now:
Elite Dangerous: Horizons Season Pass is $37.99 on Steam
Elite Dangerous: Deluxe Edition (includes base game, horizons seasons pass, and a "pilot starter pack") is $59.99 on Steam

So if you're coming from nothing, just grab the Deluxe Edition. You're better off than you were before, since you didn't get the pilot starter pack.
If you're coming from the base game, grab the Season Pass, and you're at least $23 better off than you were before, more so on sales.
Thanked by:
Old 02-06-2016, 07:48 AM   #101
jedidia
shoemaker without legs

Quote:
Elite Dangerous: Deluxe Edition (includes base game, horizons seasons pass, and a "pilot starter pack") is $59.99 on Steam
Ah... the recent switch from dollars to swiss franks confused me, because basically it meant that the more expensive stuff got more expensive. So basically I'm paying the same price for the season pass now that they adapted to swiss price, as I did for the full game before when I could have bought it in dollars (no, it's not an exchange rate thingy - Stuff is more expensive on Swiss steam than it was on US steam now that Swiss steam has been introduced, simple as that).
Old 02-06-2016, 06:57 PM   #102
Hielor
Defender of Truth

That blows.

Obvious solution is to use a US proxy and convince Steam that you're in the US...

Alternately, just plan a trip to the US once a year during the biggest Steam sale and do all your purchases then. If you buy enough games, you could come out on top, right?
Old 02-06-2016, 07:31 PM   #103
Frilock
Donator

I think you would have to buy the whole catalog just to break even.
Frilock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:56 PM   #104
Loru

Don't go to Alpha Centauri's Hutton's Orbital

It actually orbits Proxima so you have to cover 0.22 lightyear using supercruise instead of jump.

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

Notice velocity at 1851 times speed of light.
Loru is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-13-2016, 12:50 AM   #105
jangofett287
Heat shield 'tester'

IIRC at one point there was a community goal to ship something (my brain says mugs for some reason) to Hutton.

Ah yes. Mugs. (sort of)
jangofett287 is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > Brighton Lounge