Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Web Forum A forum for general Orbiter-related comments and discussion. Post your questions about Orbiter and addons in the appropriate forums below. Upload your Orbiter screen shots to our gallery HERE!

Old 02-23-2018, 11:27 PM   #1
DonT155
Orbinaut
Exclamation Orbiter_ng and Bitdefender 2018

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to note this as I searched the forums and couldn't find anything similar...

I've been troubleshooting the D3D9 option and trying to get it to work in the Orbiter 2016 installation on my machine... my problem was that every time I tried to run Orbiter_ng.exe the program would not only fail to open, the Orbiter_ng file and all of its shortcuts would disappear!! Additionally, there would be no orbiter.log files to look at.

This happened with completely clean re-installs of orbiter 2016 and no or minimal addons installed. The Orbiter.exe program would run flawlessly.

To make the long story shorter, turns out Bitdefender total security 2018 blocks Orbiter_ng.exe and thinks its a virus. Thus it not only keeps the program from starting, it quarantines the file and tries to stop me from re-installing the file back in the same folder.

SO if your file fails to start and also DISAPPEARS check your antivirus activity. I'm hoping I can get Bitdefender to ignore Orbiter_ng.exe...

TTFN

-Don
DonT155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:45 PM   #2
boogabooga
Bug Crusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonT155 View Post
 Hi Guys,

Just wanted to note this as I searched the forums and couldn't find anything similar...
https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showth...light=Security
boogabooga is online now   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum