Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Space Shuttle Ultra Support & development threads for Space Shuttle Ultra addon.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2014, 02:51 PM   #76
GLS
Addon Developer
 
GLS's Avatar
Default

Has the IUS/ASE the same scale as the Orbiter? Looks a little small...
GLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #77
DaveS
Addon Developer
 
DaveS's Avatar


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 Has the IUS/ASE the same scale as the Orbiter? Looks a little small...
That's because that's the default Atlantis (I think) which is overscaled. Compared to our orbiter, the ASE is slightly overscaled. Also, the ASE in that screenshot sits too low in the PLB.
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:20 PM   #78
GLS
Addon Developer
 
GLS's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 That's because that's the default Atlantis (I think) which is overscaled. Compared to our orbiter, the ASE is slightly overscaled. Also, the ASE in that screenshot sits too low in the PLB.
Oh, I was thinking that was in SSU... carry on the good work then!
GLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:36 PM   #79
gattispilot
Addon Developer
 
gattispilot's Avatar
Default

Yes that is the stock Atlantis. I don't have the SSU yet. So do I need 2 sets of attachments?
gattispilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #80
DaveS
Addon Developer
 
DaveS's Avatar


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattispilot View Post
 Yes that is the stock Atlantis. I don't have the SSU yet. So do I need 2 sets of attachments?
Well, you could move the attachment to the orbiter from the module to the cfg file. This way it would leave the important stuff alone in the module while the attachment to the orbiter can be cfg file dependent.
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:31 PM   #81
gattispilot
Addon Developer
 
gattispilot's Avatar
Default

here are the IUS ase files:
Attached Files
File Type: zip iusase.zip (6.1 KB, 153 views)

Last edited by gattispilot; 09-01-2014 at 09:34 PM.
gattispilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-01-2014, 09:42 PM   #82
DaveS
Addon Developer
 
DaveS's Avatar


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattispilot View Post
 here are the IUS ase files:
Thanks. How close is the actual IUS to be being ready?
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:50 PM   #83
gattispilot
Addon Developer
 
gattispilot's Avatar
Default

Close. I need to add sound 4.0 and fix this:
Code:
	if (GetAttachmentStatus(ToASE) == NULL)  //NOT ATTACHED TO ASE SO START TIMER
	{
		
			sprintf(oapiDebugString(), "starttime %d  ", starttimeASE);
			starttimeASE = starttimeASE + 1;
	if (starttimeASE < 94)  //94 SECONDS PAST DETTACHMENT TURN RSC ON
If not attached to ASE start timer. But the starttimeASE doesn't move
gattispilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:00 PM   #84
DaveS
Addon Developer
 
DaveS's Avatar


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattispilot View Post
 Close. I need to add sound 4.0 and fix this:
Code:
    if (GetAttachmentStatus(ToASE) == NULL)  //NOT ATTACHED TO ASE SO START TIMER
    {
        
            sprintf(oapiDebugString(), "starttime %d  ", starttimeASE);
            starttimeASE = starttimeASE + 1;
    if (starttimeASE < 94)  //94 SECONDS PAST DETTACHMENT TURN RSC ON
If not attached to ASE start timer. But the starttimeASE doesn't move
Post the sources and maybe someone could check it over.
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:35 PM   #85
gattispilot
Addon Developer
 
gattispilot's Avatar
Default

Attached is my IUSfiles
Attached Files
File Type: zip ius1.zip (8.0 KB, 145 views)
gattispilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #86
DaveS
Addon Developer
 
DaveS's Avatar


Default

Should I check in the source code to the SSU repository?
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #87
gattispilot
Addon Developer
 
gattispilot's Avatar
Default

Not sure? The source code for the IUS and IUS-ASE should be good.

What's next?
gattispilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:43 PM   #88
Urwumpe
Certain Super User
 
Urwumpe's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 Should I check in the source code to the SSU repository?
Does it have some source code quality that it could be used for open-source development? Like it is properly documented source code and is using similar architectures and variable name schemes as the rest of the SSU repository does? If not, then no, IMHO.

We should maybe have some standards defined first before adding more sources to the repository. I am currently working myself through the source files and it does not look better at all since I last saw them.

Maybe we can agree on something like having quality levels for our units, so we can tell what is needed for submission and we can rate our own source code. Like going from Level 0 (chaos) to Level 5, with Level 1 being the lowest state of quality at which we accept new code into the repository, and Level 2 or Level 3 being the level at which we allow features to be used in stable releases, reserving the sources that are more experimental and more biologically growing to be used in experimental builds.

Sorry for letting the German bureaucrat hanging out... but I think we are about to kill the project by making it impossible to guarantee a working release.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #89
DaveS
Addon Developer
 
DaveS's Avatar


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
 Does it have some source code quality that it could be used for open-source development? Like it is properly documented source code and is using similar architectures and variable name schemes as the rest of the SSU repository does? If not, then no, IMHO.
It's better than the code for CRTMFD. It's very understandable and looks clean. So to me it should go in.
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-02-2014, 02:11 PM   #90
Urwumpe
Certain Super User
 
Urwumpe's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 It's better than the code for CRTMFD. It's very understandable and looks clean. So to me it should go in.
Would need to see it first to say what is understandable and clean (still not home yet).

Also, it is very hard to find something in SSU that has gone through more hands and has seen more biologic growth than CRTMFD.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:26 PM.

Quick Links Need Help?


About Us | Rules & Guidelines | TOS Policy | Privacy Policy

Orbiter-Forum is hosted at Orbithangar.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2017, Orbiter-Forum.com. All rights reserved.