Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Visualization Project
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Visualization Project Orbiter external graphics development.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2015, 04:30 AM   #3061
jarmonik
Beta Tester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poscik View Post
 Hi Jarmo!

Just tried to play with nVidia 3D Vision and my 42'' LG Tv. It looks like nVidia don't want to work with d3d9 client. This is what I did:

Any thoughts?
R15 May have been compiled without nVidia API. Also, It looks like there is a similar API available for AMD-ATI cards as well.

Does this one work ? It's for Orbiter 2010-P1.

EDIT: Check the D3D9ClientLog if it's not working.
Attached Files
File Type: zip D3D9ClientR15_1.zip (335.5 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by jarmonik; 01-28-2015 at 04:32 AM.
jarmonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 01-28-2015, 06:15 PM   #3062
Poscik
Addon Developer
 
Poscik's Avatar
Default

Thanks. It partially worked, as I can see loading screen now. But scene still doesn't appear. I see some errors in log, related pretty much to hardware or wrong settings (maybe too much MSAA?).

D3D9ClientLog.zip
Poscik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:36 PM   #3063
Frankynov
Orbinaut
Default

I can not resist to post some pictures of the water rendering, that is GORGEOUS !







Although the FPS indicator shows crazy values (between 170 and even 600 FPS), I encounter a lot of micro freezes while flying above the water (using an AMD R9 280 3GB)

Also, I don't remember if I correctly had installed the Mars textures, but I get this strange bug near Mars:



DX7 immediatly crashes when I get close to Mars so I suspect a problem on my Orbiter installation
Frankynov is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 01-28-2015, 10:05 PM   #3064
fort
Orbinaut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankynov View Post
 I can not resist to post some pictures of the water rendering, that is GORGEOUS !
Yes and no. On the seas parts, Atlantique or elsewhere, yes ( but the waves are maybe a little bit contrasted ). On lakes ( i'm thinking to Canaveral for example or on others places like that ) the waves seems irrealist ).
fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 02:04 AM   #3065
jarmonik
Beta Tester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poscik View Post
 Thanks. It partially worked, as I can see loading screen now. But scene still doesn't appear. I see some errors in log, related pretty much to hardware or wrong settings (maybe too much MSAA?).
Have you tried "a true fullscreen" mode ?

I don't really have time to start investigating a stereoscopic issues right now. So, I think it's up to you to figure out why TestCooperativeLevel() fails and what's wrong with GetRenderTargetData().

---------- Post added at 04:03 ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankynov View Post
 Although the FPS indicator shows crazy values (between 170 and even 600 FPS), I encounter a lot of micro freezes while flying above the water (using an AMD R9 280 3GB)
That's likely due to loading of a new surface tiles. It should have nothing to do with water rendering. I am trying to find solutions to improve the loading of new tiles, but so far, my efforts have failed. The question is: what is causing the main rendering thread to stall/freeze ?

---------- Post added at 04:04 ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort View Post
 Yes and no. On the seas parts, Atlantique or elsewhere, yes ( but the waves are maybe a little bit contrasted ). On lakes ( i'm thinking to Canaveral for example or on others places like that ) the waves seems irrealist ).
There's no-way to separate/identify lakes from an oceans. So, we need a solution that fits them both.
jarmonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 01-29-2015, 08:03 AM   #3066
Poscik
Addon Developer
 
Poscik's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmonik View Post
 Have you tried "a true fullscreen" mode ?

I don't really have time to start investigating a stereoscopic issues right now. So, I think it's up to you to figure out why TestCooperativeLevel() fails and what's wrong with GetRenderTargetData().
Yes, I'm running true full screen. I'll check rest of modes today, and also with 1280x720 as client is compiled with nvidia api now.
Poscik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:42 PM   #3067
Abloheet
Addon Developer
 
Abloheet's Avatar
Default Good Job!


The water rendering system is too gorgeous. It is a dream come true.

One question, why can't I enable sunlight postprocessing?
What are the custom cameras? I never saw that before.
What does environment mapping(reflection mode) do, btw? The lod tile flickering occurs because of that.

In original dx7 inline orbiter, I can enable EQAA by forcing it from Catalyst Control Centre. Even if I try to force enable EQAA from the Catalyst Control Centre, dx9 orbiter still runs at 8xMSAA. Any idea how to force it?
My gpu is r9 270x 2gb
Abloheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 01-31-2015, 04:59 AM   #3068
DaveS
Addon Developer
 
DaveS's Avatar


Default

How can I increase the power of specular reflections using a spec map? I have tried everything I can think of, and yet this remains pretty much the strongest. If needed, I can provide all the files from troubleshooting.

DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:32 AM   #3069
jarmonik
Beta Tester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 How can I increase the power of specular reflections using a spec map? I have tried everything I can think of, and yet this remains pretty much the strongest. If needed, I can provide all the files from troubleshooting.
Currently the maximum power is set to 255 (Line 100 in Vessel.fx)

There was a release a while back where the specular map was modulated with a specular material setting which allowed a power up to 1000.

---------- Post added at 08:32 ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abloheet View Post
 
a) One question, why can't I enable sunlight postprocessing?
b) What are the custom cameras? I never saw that before.
c) What does environment mapping(reflection mode) do, btw? The lod tile flickering occurs because of that.
a) Not yet implemented, used for developers only.
b) Docking and payload-bay cameras, not yet used by any add-ons. (Operational in 2010-P1)
c) You can see things like the Earth reflecting from a windows and other reflective surfaces. (Operational in 2010-P1, and an add-ons need to support it in order to benefit from it)
jarmonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-01-2015, 04:21 AM   #3070
Matias Saibene
Orbinaut
 
Matias Saibene's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmonik View Post
 b) Docking and payload-bay cameras, not yet used by any add-ons. (Operational in 2010-P1)
The XR5 Vanguard has cameras in the cargo bay and docking port.
Matias Saibene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:17 AM   #3071
Marg
Orbinaut
Default

It's a pity that most addons do not work properly in the new BETA. Seems to me typically there is a landing point problem, obviously something was changed in Orbiter in this area.
I launched Atlantis manually, looking down from SRB booster (like in onboard camera), water reflections down were impressive, then spent all the time until "splashdown", watching approaching water.
I think waves look very OK even in Banana river, only smallest basins look a bit odd, but overall it is a solution which fits both oceans and rivers, as Jarmonik wrote.
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:34 AM   #3072
fort
Orbinaut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marg View Post
 I think waves look very OK even in Banana river, only smallest basins look a bit odd, but overall it is a solution which fits both oceans and rivers, as Jarmonik wrote.
I wiil try others textures that i have on my hard drive that could do a better effect on rivers and little surfaces and fit oceans too. I have also to learn to make bump map. I'll see.
fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-01-2015, 10:51 AM   #3073
Ripley
Tutorial translator
 
Ripley's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marg View Post
 It's a pity that most addons do not work properly in the new BETA...
As you wrote, the Beta is still (very) new. Just give it time.
Ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:42 AM   #3074
jarmonik
Beta Tester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort View Post
 I wiil try others textures that i have on my hard drive that could do a better effect on rivers and little surfaces and fit oceans too. I have also to learn to make bump map. I'll see.
It would be great to have a better water map. The current map is made quickly with a few brush strokes just to test the rendering.
jarmonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-03-2015, 12:28 PM   #3075
fort
Orbinaut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmonik View Post
 It would be great to have a better water map. The current map is made quickly with a few brush strokes just to test the rendering.
I've made some test last days but i need two or three real free days, maybe during the holydays in february, to look at that closer. I'll like for example to see if it will be better to work with textures showing shop or swell ( en français: clapot, houle ) rather than waves ( but for sure, your waves are really nice near the beaches ). And i know that one can't have both.
fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Reply

  Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Visualization Project

Tags
d3d9client, graphicsclient


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:05 AM.

Quick Links Need Help?


About Us | Rules & Guidelines | TOS Policy | Privacy Policy

Orbiter-Forum is hosted at Orbithangar.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2007 - 2017, Orbiter-Forum.com. All rights reserved.