Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Web Forum A forum for general Orbiter-related comments and discussion. Post your questions about Orbiter and addons in the appropriate forums below. Upload your Orbiter screen shots to our gallery HERE!

Old 06-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #46
fort
Orbinaut

It seems that Iapetus and Rhea's files are corrupted on the direct download and i do not sucess to repair them with winrar. Some files avaible for download seems to be the same as the one's coming with PlanetHires060504.zip ( orbiter 2006 ) and certainly Rhea but Iapetus is bigger.

fort
fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 06-12-2010, 08:23 PM   #47
StableIT
Donator

Greetings Fort, thanks for the information.
(replicated post on downloadorbiter)

I tested both files using firefox and got the same problem, then tested Iapetus with other computers:

pc 1
- local, winrar = works
- firefox, winrar = failed (same error)
- opera, winrar = works
- internet explorer, winrar = works
- rebuilt those two downloads, still having a failure with firefox.

pc 2
- firefox, windows = works

pc 3
- firefox, windows = works

My initial thoughts are that its in our temporary files? What web browser was used?
StableIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:22 AM   #48
fort
Orbinaut

Eh...it's firefox. I've try with IE and winrar some minutes ago and it's good.Iapetus:8974 ko. Rhea: 2090 ko.

I've try with firefox in the same moment ant it still fruitless. Iapetus: 50 ko. Rhea: 116 ko.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:21 AM   #49
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort View Post

Eh...it's firefox. I've try with IE and winrar some minutes ago and it's good.Iapetus:8974 ko. Rhea: 2090 ko.

I've try with firefox in the same moment ant it still fruitless. Iapetus: 50 ko. Rhea: 116 ko.
Try clearing your cache. This will force FF to grab a new package and download it instead of using the incomplete corrupted version in your cache.
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 06-13-2010, 09:52 AM   #50
fort
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 Try clearing your cache. This will force FF to grab a new package and download it instead of using the incomplete corrupted version in your cache.
Yes DaveS,

I remember, but i'm not sure, that I've made it yesterday, for my first trys, when i saw that the files where corrupted, but without results.

Most generally, i learn, in this circumstance, that sometimes, with compressed files, the result of the download can be different, depending of the browser. I've had, in the past, some problems similar to that one with FF. I'm going to check, from now, all the zip downloaded since some months.

I was looking on the web yesterday for a program capable to do it for a série of zip/rar and not only one by one , but i've discovered that winrar ( and maybe winzip, 7 zip, etc ) can do it easily.

Anyway, thank you for your response.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:54 AM   #51
SiberianTiger
News Sifter

Couple of days ago I tried downloading Orbiter distribution through torrents from http://downloadorbiter.com/ - both base ZIP and high level textures. When I unpacked the ZIP's I've got numerous 'failed CRC check' messages, and Orbiter broke upon running (orbiter.exe weirdly stopped being executable after 1st run). After I deleted everything and retried with the old way download, everything was fine.

Does anybody have any ideas, what happened here?
SiberianTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:21 AM   #52
orb
O-F Administrator
Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberianTiger View Post
 Does anybody have any ideas, what happened here?
This shouldn't happen to those files. Files downloaded via torrent are divided into chunks, for which are generated checksums (hashes), and each fully downloaded chunk should be checked by torrent client against its checksum. If checksums don't match, that part of file should be marked as invalid and redownloaded. The full file has its own hash too, against which it should be checked by the client. However, something could happen to those files after they'd been downloaded, or hashes weren't checked. What torrent client have you used?

The strange is that "orbiter.exe" was executable first, and then stopped being it. This might be a problem with hard disk, system drivers, disk cache buffer, or a virus.

I just downloaded the "orbiter100606.zip" via torrent and it's working fine. I tested the archive with no errors as a result, and then compared it to the one I downloaded via http in June. The files are the same.
orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-24-2010, 04:32 AM   #53
SiberianTiger
News Sifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by orb View Post
 What torrent client have you used?
I used uTorrent 1.8.2 (the most stable of torrent clients for me). I never had similar problems with any of the stuff I downloaded using one before.

But I have my copy of Orbiter anyway, so okay, let's disregard this prob as one of the many strange things in the Universe we can never hope to get a grasp on...
SiberianTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:22 AM   #54
StableIT
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberianTiger View Post
 one of the many strange things in the Universe we can never hope to get a grasp on...
Apologies for this abnormality of the downloads. This sounds like a local cache problem. I would scrub the downloaded files and .torrent.

Glad you already have a copy to run on

Eric
Old 09-01-2010, 09:46 PM   #55
StableIT
Donator

Sorry for the late reply all, the torrent archive was updated last night and the new files are online! http://downloadorbiter.com
Thanked by:
Old 12-22-2011, 04:28 AM   #56
StableIT
Donator

Default Brief update on Download Orbiter .com

Download Orbiter is under construction and will be up soon.

One of the things I plan to include is a gallery of images from Orbiter that help depict the more artistic features that are present. Its odd (or perhaps perfectly logical) how in space there is 99.9% nothing but the beauty left behind is simply remarkable..

If anyone would like to submit a screenshot for the website, please send it to my office email support@stableit.com with the topic 'Orbiter Screenshot' please. I will start a folder to place them all and include them in the website release. Please no caps that are less than 600 pixels in width, anything smaller would look silly when opened

Many of the other features to come are ideas I wanted to include in the release of Download Orbiter Sim however due to either time or other complications I was unable to offer. One of the biggest things it will focus on is single file distribution, this is the ability to download one massive file and end up with an entire collection such as 'All Orbiter 2010' in one hit - no picking and choosing.

More information to come,
Eric
Thanked by:
Old 06-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #57
StableIT
Donator

I have updated the website Orbiter Simulator to include the Orbiter 2010 files and Orbiter Sim LandSAT files for download.

Please let me know if you run into trouble, once I add the newest textures for direct download I will start a torrent archive on this website as it makes sense to consolidate everything to one location.

all

Last edited by StableIT; 06-26-2012 at 07:56 AM. Reason: clearification of adding more files to direct download
Old 06-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #58
asbjos
tuanibrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by StableIT View Post
 I have updated the website Orbiter Simulator to include the Orbiter 2010 files and Orbiter Sim LandSAT files for download.

Please let me know if you run into trouble, once I add the newest textures for direct download I will start a torrent archive on this website as it makes sense to consolidate everything to one location.

all
Wow, this is great news! Thanks a lot!
asbjos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #59
Marvin42
Mostly Harmless

Default small issue

In Contact info the pop-up box (like email adress is invalid) uses almost white text on white background).
Marvin42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 07-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #60
StableIT
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin42 View Post
 In Contact info the pop-up box (like email adress is invalid) uses almost white text on white background).
You mean the text that is input to the space when you type? If so, to me its nearly black in color. Can other patrons replicate the problem?

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum

Tags
landsat, orbiter distribution, torrents