Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #16
Artlav
Aperiodic traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbo2007 View Post
 I am trying to get an understanding of how you implemented this - for collision detection do you use bounding sphere detection....like if a body comes in a certain radius of a object you notify the body that it has collided ? Is there also a notification of the amount of reaction force to a colliding body ?
No, each vessel have a set of points defined, which are tested against the polygons of surface base meshes, or Orulex function surface. Then, the results are integrated and constraints are solved to position the vessel according to a collision that occurred, and forces are added.

It's not event driven in this version, the one in Asteroids! is. The vessels positions an velocities are just updated. UMmu's are handled as special cases, always bound to the ground.
Artlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:43 PM   #17
dumbo2007
Crazy about real time sims

ok I was trying orulex landgen....I got the heightmap for the moon and placed it in right folder etc. Its generating a heightmap for the moon correctly but Brighton beach may have got buried under the heightmap I think.....I started with the Brighton Beach scenario in the Delta Glider Folder - Orulex starts up after the Delta glider is shown near the cylindrical building at Brighton Beach - however the minute pre computation is complete and it starts rendering the polygons, the delta glider is flung out to some altitude above the moon surface and start rotating violently - the camera follows and since the initial camera is looking at the delta glider from Brighton, the glider is hardly visible - also I can see large polygons being drawn around and when I change the camera to Delta glider centred - I can see that the moon surface is beautifully rendered and the crater for Brighton Beach is visible - however the delta glider is out of control - and no amount of leveling or kill rot brings it under control - I would be happy to supply a video if you can tell me how to record the whole startup sequence.
dumbo2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #18
Artlav
Aperiodic traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbo2007 View Post
 the delta glider is flung out
First, this thread is long-obsolete. Current one with new module is here: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=13927

Second, check your Orulex installation - there should be a crater at Brighton.
Artlav is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development