Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
FeLUX
Orbinaut

Question UCGO and Spacecraft3.dll?

is it possible to spawn a Spacecraft3.dll vessle out of a cargobox
FeLUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
Bj
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelBu View Post
 is it possible to spawn a Spacecraft3.dll vessle out of a cargobox
Sure
in the vessel config, (\orbiter060929_base\Config\Vessels\UCGO\Cargos\[NAME OF CONFIG]

you only need

Code:
ucSpawnModule  = [NAME OF VESSEL&DIR]; name of vessel config to spawn once cargo released.
ucSpawnDelay    = 0                    ; delay in seconds of module spawning after cargo 
ucSpawnCondition= 3                    ; 0=Landed 1=Not landed 2=Always 3=unpack by UMmu
ucSpawnModule is relative to (\orbiter060929_base\Config\Vessels)

you can spawn anything in the Vessels folder.

Edit:
Also welcome to OF
Bj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
FeLUX
Orbinaut

it looks like:
Code:
ucSpawnModule    = UCGO\bin\FireworkRoket2
and i get the error massage that FireworkRoket2.cfg is not found. the data is like a spacecraft3 file an *.ini file, so how can i spawn this vessle i´ve copied the Spacecraft3.cfg into this directory too and tested it but it also didn´t work.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
Arrowstar
Probenaut

Hmm... someone should ask Greg if he can make cargos out of his SSBB package.
Arrowstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:54 PM   #5
Xyon
Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelBu View Post
 it looks like:
Code:
ucSpawnModule    = UCGO\bin\FireworkRoket2
and i get the error massage that FireworkRoket2.cfg is not found. the data is like a spacecraft3 file an *.ini file, so how can i spawn this vessle i´ve copied the Spacecraft3.cfg into this directory too and tested it but it also didn´t work.
Try making it "ucSpawnModule = \UCGO\bin\ .." etc...
Xyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #6
FeLUX
Orbinaut

got it that 1 of 2 appears

Code:
ucForceName    = Firew2                ; Force object name when  cargo is released max 6 char.
Module         = UCGODynamicCargo            ; if this cargo is active  (chute,unpack, module etc)
Mass         = 30                    ; mass of content in kg
MeshName     = UniversalCars/UCGOProbePacked        ; Box mesh name  (packed cargo)
UcDescription     = Auto unpack Firework (10s)        ; description
ucSpawnModule    = UCGO\bin\FireworkRocket2        ; name of vessel  config to spawn once cargo released.
ucSpawnDelay    = 10                    ; delay in seconds of module  spawning after cargo release (max 600)
ucSpawnCondition= 2                    ; 0=Landed 1=Not landed 2=Always  3=unpack by UMmu
UcSpawnItemNbr    = 2                    ; Number of item carried in box
i´ve called the *.ini as Firew20101.ini so i exspect i must creat many ini files like
*0101, *0102, *0201, *0202, *0301, *0302 ... is this right?
i don´t really know how UCGO numerates them
Old 01-26-2010, 12:18 AM   #7
dansteph
Addon Developer

I had a fast look: with cargo/module one should have a dedicated vessel config and unless I'm wrong spacecraft3 load only vessel's parameter based on the "name" of the object eg: DG-01:" Also config must absolutely located in "vessels" config directory which is not the case of spacecraft3.cfg (in fact there is no specific vessel "config" in sense of orbiter)

Last cargo allow multiple spawn which is not possible with the "ini" "name" based system. Orbiter doesn't allow two objects with the same name. (You can cheat editing scenario but it's a call for problems)

Now maybe there is a way of cheating to spawn a SC3 vessel but I don't know it and if you spawn two cargos the ini file will be not found (as UCGO check/change cargo name to avoid problem)

Maybe you should ask vinka if he plan to work on SC4/2010 to allow "per vessel" config with parameters into vessel config as UCGO cars instead of ini files. Grabing parameters from those config is pretty easy in Orbiter. (Martin planned that user would put their own parameters in their vessel config)

Hope this answer ?

Dan
dansteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:45 PM   #8
FeLUX
Orbinaut

i need to make *0101.ini *0201.ini *0301.ini ... into the SC folder to get working spacecrafts. so is not possible to avaoid having 6 or more *.ini files or is it possible to link *0201.ini to *0101.ini and so on?

Last edited by FeLUX; 01-26-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #9
dansteph
Addon Developer

The premise of all is to have a valid cfg in "Vessels" I tried to move "spacecraft" to vessel and I got CTD at launch (with scenario pointing to that folder)

Dan
dansteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:21 PM   #10
Space
Orbinaut
Question

First: I've been away from orbiter for a while and I'm so happy to see that after the great success of FSPassengers for FSX DanSteph is back with Orbiter.. You have made it again Dan! You have brought a new revolution to Orbiter.

Next.. I was researching to see if it was possible to spawn several UCGO cargos from a XR5 container. I don't know if you follow me.. Imagine a 40' container labeled "R34 FOOD" and a Ummu walking to it and by pressing "U" converting it into 40 actual R34 modules.

Is that possible??

The way I understand it from what you just said it looks like it is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansteph View Post
 I had a fast look: with cargo/module one should have a dedicated vessel config and unless I'm wrong spacecraft3 load only vessel's parameter based on the "name" of the object eg: DG-01:" Also config must absolutely located in "vessels" config directory which is not the case of spacecraft3.cfg (in fact there is no specific vessel "config" in sense of orbiter)

Last cargo allow multiple spawn which is not possible with the "ini" "name" based system. Orbiter doesn't allow two objects with the same name. (You can cheat editing scenario but it's a call for problems)

Now maybe there is a way of cheating to spawn a SC3 vessel but I don't know it and if you spawn two cargos the ini file will be not found (as UCGO check/change cargo name to avoid problem)

Maybe you should ask vinka if he plan to work on SC4/2010 to allow "per vessel" config with parameters into vessel config as UCGO cars instead of ini files. Grabing parameters from those config is pretty easy in Orbiter. (Martin planned that user would put their own parameters in their vessel config)

Hope this answer ?

Dan
Space is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development

Tags
spacecraft3, ucgo