Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > Brighton Lounge
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Brighton Lounge General off-topic discussions. Political or religious topics may only be posted in The Basement forum.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #16
ryan
That guy

Hey Tex, Why did you ban Unknown, we didnt want him banned we just wanted you to give him a warning. It's a bit harsh banning him or did he do something bad when i was gone?
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:33 PM   #17
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan View Post
 Hey Tex, Why did you ban Unknown, we didnt want him banned we just wanted you to give him a warning. It's a bit harsh banning him or did he do something bad when i was gone?
He was a spammer. Despite getting a stern warning from Tex he kept on spamming the forum with useless threads.

And this is what heppens when you don't listen to the admin: you get banned on the spot.
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:35 PM   #18
ryan
That guy

Ok, gees i think i might want to think twice before starting another ryans pointless space facts. Hey that reminds me theres another one coming up.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:40 PM   #19
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 Ok, gees i think i might want to think twice before starting another ryans pointless space facts.
Those are in the "green zone" unless you start posting multiple of them in a very short amount time. This is was unknown did: posted a whole bunch(200+) useless threads in the span of 20-45 hours.

And it would be good if you started a collection thread for them where you can post a new one every day without flooding the entire Space News section with just those threads.
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #20
ryan
That guy

Oh ok sounds good, i'll call Ryan's Pointless Space Facts (and birthdays)
Old 04-01-2008, 11:53 PM   #21
Tex
O-F Administrator

Quote:
DaveS answered your question but I'd just like to add that unknown was warned via PM by me AND the moderators. He had plenty of chances between our PMs politely asking him to stop creating so many pointless topics and posts. On top of that I pointed him to this thread I created with the announcement in post #1, yet he continued with his postings. After complaints from about 5 different members we had to enforce a temporary ban and should he continue his excessive posting when the ban is lifted he will earn a permanent ban.

No one wants to log in everyday to see that many new topics all created by the same user when basically none of them were worth creating an entire topic for. Also many of his one line, totally pointless posts is something people don't want to see. This floods the forum, so the moderators will begin giving out infractions for excessive posting. should the excessive (pointless) posting continue a temporary ban will follow. After all of this if the user still insist on flooding the forum then we will have no choice but to give a permanent ban.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:58 AM   #22
ryan
That guy

So will he be able to come back, or has he been banned permantly?
Old 04-02-2008, 01:01 AM   #23
Tex
O-F Administrator

He has a temporary ban, when it expires he may come back so long as his excessive posting doesn't continue. If it does, then we will have to enforce a permanent ban.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:03 AM   #24
ryan
That guy

Oh ok. Let's just hope he doesnt post as much as he did, i bet you really dont want to ban him forever.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:35 AM   #25
Tex
O-F Administrator

I hate to ban anyone ryan, I'm a nice guy.

PS: Just to make sure everyone knows, you can choose to ignore any member by visiting their profile and clicking on Ignore. If you do this, you will no longer see any threads or posts created by that user.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:08 AM   #26
razgriz31m
God

so when will his ban be gone?
razgriz31m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:22 AM   #27
BlueDragon8144
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
  No one wants to log in everyday to see that many new topics all created by the same user when basically none of them were worth creating an entire topic for. Also many of his one line, totally pointless posts is something people don't want to see. This floods the forum, so the moderators will begin giving out infractions for excessive posting. should the excessive (pointless) posting continue a temporary ban will follow. After all of this if the user still insist on flooding the forum then we will have no choice but to give a permanent ban.
Yeah, that was my big problem with him. I didn't mind him, except for the fact that almost every recent topic had him posting pointless stuff. Sorry you had to temporary ban him, but sometimes, it has to be done to enforce the rules.
BlueDragon8144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:30 AM   #28
ryan
That guy

Let's hope when he comes back he would of learnt his listen, by the way when will he be coming back, when is the ban lifted?

Hey guys, why dont orbiter forums and VSAs get along so well, I'm apart of a VSA one of the founders of the newly formed VINSC. I think all of them should be as free as they want and thats including other Virtual Airlines to not just Virtual Space Agencys.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:03 AM   #29
razgriz31m
God

i hope when he comes back he'll be better
razgriz31m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:08 AM   #30
RAF92_Moser
Orbinaut

Quote:
 Hey guys, why dont orbiter forums and VSAs get along so well, I'm apart of a VSA one of the founders of the newly formed VINSC. I think all of them should be as free as they want and thats including other Virtual Airlines to not just Virtual Space Agencys.
Some members find them pointless but I think working as a team builds networking skills. I've been friends for about five years with a good group of guys. We call ourselves the RAF No. 92 Squadron...and started with Combat Flight Simulator 3, and now IL2. You can meet some incredible people. Also, people skills become very important in certain industries.

The problem with some VSA's is that their started off by a lot of young, aspiring Orbinauts that have the right vision, but not the skills needed to organize an agency. It takes time and patience to setup a good looking website that can attract members, and sacrifice to work with everyone within a group.

For this reason many VSAs really don't get off the ground, but some of them have become successful.
RAF92_Moser is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > Brighton Lounge

Tags