Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > Brighton Lounge
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Brighton Lounge General off-topic discussions. Political or religious topics may only be posted in The Basement forum.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:54 AM   #31
statickid
CatDog from Deimos

I whipped this up
statickid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #32
Ark
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguofreak View Post
 Hopefully they don't try to retcon *all* of it. On the other hand, The EU jumped the shark big time with NJO, and if the postquels retconned NJO and everything after it out of existence, it would be worth it even if the postquels were as bad as the prequels (or at least Episodes 2 and 3, Episode 1 wasn't that bad, IMHO).
They shouldn't even need to go all the way up to NJO, there's enough material in the 20 years after ROTJ to make a lifetime's worth of movies.
Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #33
Urwumpe
Not funny anymore

Well, I think that it can't get much worse than the prequels. StarWars was never an innovation in terms of story (ANH is really simply "The hidden fortress" in space), but at least well done. I would have higher expectations of Indiana Jones.

Lucas wanted to get Lucasarts handled over to a new owner before he gets too old to do that properly, thats all, and he made 4 billion USD with it. I can see far worse deals.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:33 PM   #34
jedidia
shoemaker without legs

To say it in a phrase coined by the Star Wars movies...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Quote:
3) Lucas will probably not direct, no idea who, though I heard someone on twitter speculate that it might be the guy who directed The Avengers.
Wait, what's this? a new hope for the galaxy?
jedidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:02 PM   #35
T.Neo
SA 2010 Soccermaniac

Anyone remember the Animal Planet TV show, the Future Is Wild?

This is kinda like that, except it isn't about gigantic CGI elephant-tortoises, it's about Star Wars and Disney.

Welcome to the future. The Future Is Weird.
T.Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-31-2012, 01:21 PM   #36
Izack
Non sequitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark View Post
 MAKE THE THRAWN TRILOGY.
WHOA. Now that you've brought up that idea, no matter what they actually do I'll be disappointed.
Izack is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-31-2012, 01:28 PM   #37
Kyle
Armchair Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidia View Post
 To say it in a phrase coined by the Star Wars movies...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Wait, what's this? a new hope for the galaxy?
Just posted on FB.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-31-2012, 01:42 PM   #38
APDAF
Orbinaut

Great I need new pants and shorts.
APDAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-31-2012, 02:08 PM   #39
Dr_Thomas
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by werdnaforever View Post
 If Disney releases all three original films unedited from their original theatrical versions in a simple, 3 disk blu-ray box set in the highest quality possible... that's the only thing good that could happen.

If they finally do the originals justice, then it's worth it as far as I'm concerned. Even if the sequel trilogy is complete garbage (i.e., almost as bad as the prequels EDIT: the English language lacks the words needed to describe how terrible they were), at least the originals will be there. Who knows? Maybe 7, 8, and 9 will be decent movies, but it won't be the same (and we all know it).

What I really don't get is this: From a business perspective, it's a really good idea- I guarantee it will become sold out before you can blink. Maybe asking/petitioning Disney will work. They own Lucasfilm now, right? Does Lucas still own the original films?????????
I really don't understand why people dislike the enhanced versions. The story wasn't changed and in my opinion the expanded views of the cities and it's people added to the overall atmosphere. What's the big with seeing views of the cloud city out windows where there were once plain walls or forest were there were walls. I really just don't understand the hate towards Lucas for the enhanced versions.
Dr_Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:24 PM   #40
Gerdih
Orbinaut

Whatever people say about the I,II and III episodes, I found revenge of the sith awesome.
Gerdih is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-31-2012, 03:39 PM   #41
Kyle
Armchair Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerdih View Post
 Whatever people say about the I,II and III episodes, I found revenge of the sith awesome.
Yea, I thought Revenge of the Sith was a halfway decent movie, on pair with Return of the Jedi (maybe slightly less so), but it was plauged by the fact it's predecessors were Episode I and II.

Also the biggest misconception out there on the Internet is the fact that people think Disney is making the movie. That is incorrect, LucasFilm wouldn't agree with completely getting rid of their company. It's like saying Fox Studios made Star Wars in the first place. LucasFilm made Star Wars. Disney is just going to be footing the bill, they've earned the rights to the movie, nothing more. This is still LFL's baby, and they will treat it like what it is - a 7th Star Wars movie. LucasFilm is incharge of principle photography, casting, and directing. That's why I don't have a problem with a Disney/Star Wars flick.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-31-2012, 04:53 PM   #42
Samuel Edwards
Decidedly Cyclical

Ick, another movie? Haven't they made enough money off of this?
Samuel Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #43
Bonanza123d
Time Lord from Gallifrey

Im hoping they can complete the production in 7 parsecs.

I get it, It is a measure of distance not time, but you will get the point.
Bonanza123d is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #44
Frilock
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
 Yea, I thought Revenge of the Sith was a halfway decent movie, on pair with Return of the Jedi (maybe slightly less so), but it was plauged by the fact it's predecessors were Episode I and II.

Also the biggest misconception out there on the Internet is the fact that people think Disney is making the movie. That is incorrect, LucasFilm wouldn't agree with completely getting rid of their company. It's like saying Fox Studios made Star Wars in the first place. LucasFilm made Star Wars. Disney is just going to be footing the bill, they've earned the rights to the movie, nothing more. This is still LFL's baby, and they will treat it like what it is - a 7th Star Wars movie. LucasFilm is incharge of principle photography, casting, and directing. That's why I don't have a problem with a Disney/Star Wars flick.
Hey, I don't post on this forum very much but Hello.

I think you hit the nail right on the head. Star Wars (the movies) is going to be very much in the creative control of LFL. I think the bigger story is what this is going to mean for other aspects of both Star Wars and Disney. Walt Disney World had their butts handed to them when Universal Orlando opened up their Harry Potter attractions. At the time Disney completely redesigned their Fantasyland makeover to be more competitive. Later they would go on to sign a deal with James Cameron to include an Avatar expansion to their Animal Kingdom park. Neither really caught the attention of the public the way Wizarding World did. As far as theme park attractions go, Disney only has one SW based ride (a simulator ride) and a month long weekend festivity know as 'Star Wars Weekends'. I think Disney's ultimate goal in this is to make at the very least a large park expansion, if not a whole new park, to completely blow Harry Potter out of the water. To continue to have a new movie on the horizon would be the best way to keep people flowing in.

Nothing to do with my above post, but I would also like to point out I've already seen news articles claim Leia is the newest Disney princess, so at least we have that.
Frilock is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-31-2012, 08:46 PM   #45
Hielor
Defender of Truth

Lucasfilm source says that it'll be an "original story" not based on any of the existing material:
http://www.eonline.com/news/358685/s...casfilm-source
Hielor is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > Brighton Lounge