Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Support & Bugs Support & bug reports for Orbiter addons.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:41 PM   #1
SiriusXAim
Orbinaut
Default XR2 Mmu error

Hi.

So I've installed the XR2, which is a spacecraft I loved since the first pre-production screenshots were released.

Only one thing. I can't EVA. Basically, I get "INTERNAL: Mmu ERROR: EVA FAILED" in the status screens. Accompanied by the ever so pleasant PNEEET sound.

How so? I installed the XR2 just as directed and it says it is compatible with 2016. I even added XR sounds. Note that I run the D3D9 client.

This gives me a significant frustrate as I cannot really do any interplanetary missions or moon missions above some Apollo 8-esque stuff and rendez-vous with the ISS. Bummer. Especially with the magnificence of Orbiter 2016 and it's super high rez textures that would make an absolute joy of a stroll on the moon.

PS. Sorta unrelated, but is there any chance we'll ever see a functional VC for the XR2? Even if it's just the MFD's? This craft is near perfect and a functional VC would bring it to absolute perfection. 3D switches to beyond perfection.
SiriusXAim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:19 AM   #2
dbeachy1
O-F Administrator

That behavior is by design until the UMMu replacement (named Orbiter MMU, or oMMU) is ready: UMMu is not compatible with Orbiter 2016 -- it crashes to desktop -- and so I finally removed it from the XR vessels since a beep and a message is much better than a crash-to-desktop. From the release thread:

Quote:
XR Vessel Release Highlights
  • XR vessels now use XRSound, and therefore no longer need to bundle their sound files with each vessel anymore: all sounds are included with the XRSound download.
  • Removed UMMu support since UMMu crashes in Orbiter 2016. Mmu support will be restored when the new designed-for-Orbiter-2016 oMMU ships. oMMU will be in alpha testing with the XR vessels in the coming weeks.
  • Resolved braking performance issues in Orbiter 2016.
MMu support will be re-implemented, just not for a little while yet.
dbeachy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-16-2018, 12:35 PM   #3
SiriusXAim
Orbinaut

Thanks! That's good news! Can't wait for it! EVA's in 2016 would be awesome!

I truly hope UMMU and many legacy addons will be ported to 2016. I hope the new Orbiter wont suffer from "addon holdback syndrome" where most of all the cool addons get stuck on the older version, few gets developed for the newer version, greatly limiting its appeal despite the major improvements.
SiriusXAim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:42 PM   #4
Face
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusXAim View Post
 I hope the new Orbiter wont suffer from "addon holdback syndrome" where most of all the cool addons get stuck on the older version, few gets developed for the newer version, greatly limiting its appeal despite the major improvements.
No worries. Orbiter already suffers enough from the "closed-source middle-ware developer wanders off" syndrome, thank you very much.
Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-27-2018, 04:44 PM   #5
JohnSpeed
Orbinaut

Greetings! Maybe someone know how to change crew without eva? maybe by a file? editing of xr2ravenstarprefs is't helping.
JohnSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs