Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Space Shuttle Ultra Support & development threads for Space Shuttle Ultra addon.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:16 PM   #1
Kubala95
Orbinaut
Default GPC problems

Hi,

I tried last to play on SSU and I have some problem. Firstly the OPS 105/202 works some oddly - after load burn data and enter ITEM 27 it rotates shuttle but next it frees RCS and doesn't hold attitude. The angles' values in navigation are different than this calculated in OPS screen.
Another problem I observed in OPS 201 - I can't input ITEMS 15 and 16 for tracking (it throws INVALID ENTRY or simply not reacting). It's interesting that it works good in on-orbit scenarios default included in SSU (as "Atlantis on orbit" or "STS-126 docking to ISS").
Do I perform invalid something or this functions aren't completely implemented in current version of SSU (I'm using the newest, for Orbiter 2016) ?

Thanks for help.

Last edited by Kubala95; 07-17-2018 at 09:48 PM.
Kubala95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:26 PM   #2
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubala95 View Post
 Firstly the OPS 105/202 works some oddly - after load burn data and enter ITEM 27 it rotates shuttle but next it frees RCS and doesn't hold attitude. The angles' values in navigation are different than this calculated in OPS screen.
The attitude might not be held EXACTLY as there are deadbands (not sure if controllable from SPEC 20, probably yes).
About the angles displayed in items 24, 25 and 26, they are probably refering to the inertial reference frame, and not LVLH, so don't bother much with those. You can control the roll attitude of the burn via the TV ROLL parameter (item 5), although we have a bug in there for retrograde burns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubala95 View Post
 Another problem I observed in OPS 201 - I can't input ITEMS 15 and 16 for tracking (it throws INVALID ENTRY or simply not reacting).
Item 15 and 16 are only valid for Body Vector 5 (item 14). You can check details about each display in the DPS Dictionary available somewhere on the internet (maybe in our document cache (like in the manual)).
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 07-17-2018, 10:28 PM   #3
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 The attitude might not be held EXACTLY as there are deadbands (not sure if controllable from SPEC 20, probably yes).
About the angles displayed in items 24, 25 and 26, they are probably refering to the inertial reference frame, and not LVLH, so don't bother much with those. You can control the roll attitude of the burn via the TV ROLL parameter (item 5), although we have a bug in there for retrograde burns.

Item 15 and 16 are only valid for Body Vector 5 (item 14). You can check details about each display in the DPS Dictionary available somewhere on the internet (maybe in our document cache (like in the manual)).
The DPS Dictionary can be found here:https://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson..._DPS_G_K_7.pdf
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra