Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > Backyard Rocketry
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Backyard Rocketry Model, Amatuer, Experimental, and High Power Rocketry. Vehicle and Motor/Engine Design, Physics and Math, Fabrication, Flights, Testing and Evaluation. Share your rocket projects here!

Old 11-10-2015, 10:17 PM   #1
thor36
Orbinaut
Default Competition entry with experimental rocketry project - need your help!

Greetings fellow rocket scientists!

I am a member of the Cirrus Project experimental rocketry team from Slovenia, which consists mostly of high school and college students. After our first 2 years, full of experimenting, learning, new challenges and experiences, we have managed to get a rocket about 2-3 km high. The ultimate bold goal though is to build a rocket (in stages through many years of course) that will reach the frontier of space. The project is first of its kind in our little country (both in terms of subject and crazyness level ) and our devoted team's effort is fully voluntary.

With increasing complexity of the rockets' build and components, so are also increasing the costs. For that purpose we have entered a competition which awards the best (most voted for) project with a monetary prize. If you are willing to sacrifice a minute of your time to cast your vote for us, it would mean a great deal to us!

To cast your vote you should follow this link. Note that the website is translated using Google Tr. for your convenience, so please don't mind some (more or less funny) translation errors There is a "support" button in an orange box on the right side of the page. After clicking it you are prompted to enter your name, email and phone number. It is for the purpose of draw for a voters' prize winner, and probably also to avoid bot scam votes. There might be some problems with entering phone number, so far it helped to remove initial zeroes in the number. After agreeing to terms and submitting your vote you are done and you can ignore the following page that opens. It is important to then click the link which you receive on email for the vote confirmation/authentication. Only then will the vote count. And that's it We have 6 days left until collecting votes shuts down.

Sorry for the tl;dr mess, the more I try to be succint the more I fail We very much appreciate your support, so deep gratitude to voters on behalf of Cirrus Project team! I am very much looking forward to informing you of good news and progress in our work.

See you in space
thor36

Last edited by thor36; 11-10-2015 at 11:20 PM.
thor36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:51 PM   #2
RisingFury
OBSP developer

Vso srečo. Upam, da ne boste sestrelili kakšnega letala
RisingFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:16 PM   #3
thor36
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingFury View Post
 Vso srečo. Upam, da ne boste sestrelili kakšnega letala
Thanks! If we do you'll be first to know If you're interested in the project you can join us

Last edited by thor36; 11-11-2015 at 12:06 PM.
thor36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:18 AM   #4
Loru

O-F Staff reminder: Please post in english or move discussion to international forum.
Loru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:19 AM   #5
RisingFury
OBSP developer

Sorry, my bad. I only wished them luck and expressed my hope that they don't shoot down any planes
RisingFury is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > Backyard Rocketry