Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Visualization Project
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Visualization Project Orbiter external graphics development.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:26 PM   #4456
jedidia
shoemaker without legs

I've got a bug:

Black (0,0,0) does NOT work as a keycolour for blitting operations.

It is ignored, giving the impression that keycolor blitting does not work at all.
In MAGE, black works as a keycolour, so this is unexpected behavior.

I was close to a nervous breakdown while trying to get color key blitting to work again in D3D9 client, because I knew that it worked before a rather significant refactor. After going through the diffs of my commits of the last six months, I figured that the only in any way related thing that changed was the default for the keycolor. Changed it, and it worked again.
jedidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:49 AM   #4457
jarmonik
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidia View Post
 I've got a bug:

Black (0,0,0) does NOT work as a keycolour for blitting operations.

It is ignored, giving the impression that keycolor blitting does not work at all.
In MAGE, black works as a keycolour, so this is unexpected behavior.

I was close to a nervous breakdown while trying to get color key blitting to work again in D3D9 client, because I knew that it worked before a rather significant refactor. After going through the diffs of my commits of the last six months, I figured that the only in any way related thing that changed was the default for the keycolor. Changed it, and it worked again.
Black should work as color key if given in 0xFF000000 format. Zero means that the colorkey is not in use. There was some technical detail on why it was done this way but I can't remember what it was exactly. It's been like this from the beginning.
jarmonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 01-30-2018, 09:55 PM   #4458
jedidia
shoemaker without legs

Ok, thanks. Is there any kind of documentation around to document differences in API behaviour to MAGE? that would have been quite a time saver in this case.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

I'm getting a bit confused by your codeplex page... I need to get D3D9 client for the Orbiter2016 release version to test my code for backwards compatibility. According to the page itself, there should be a download tab, but it seems to be MIA.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:01 PM   #4459
Ripley
Tutorial translator

Yes, Codeplex has definitely changed its face, finally switching to read-only.

Meanwhile, get the D3D9 for O2016 from here
https://www.tuttovola.org/index.php?...view;down=1104

Let me just drop a reminder to Jarmo and Kuddel:
https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showth...postcount=3214

Last edited by Ripley; 01-30-2018 at 11:07 PM. Reason: reminder dropped
Ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 01-30-2018, 11:21 PM   #4460
jedidia
shoemaker without legs

Yeah, I think somebody should definitely update that link in the first post. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2018, 05:19 AM   #4461
jarmonik
Beta Tester

The first post has been updated.

We would probably need some kind of wiki page possibly from orbiter-wiki to work as a front page for the project containing the client it-self and additional goodies, documentation (in pdf) and example projects and other stuffs. I have been too tired lately, so, I am not up-to the task right now.

Last edited by jarmonik; 01-31-2018 at 05:28 AM.
jarmonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 01-31-2018, 07:57 AM   #4462
Face
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmonik View Post
 The first post has been updated.

We would probably need some kind of wiki page possibly from orbiter-wiki to work as a front page for the project containing the client it-self and additional goodies, documentation (in pdf) and example projects and other stuffs. I have been too tired lately, so, I am not up-to the task right now.
What about Github or Bitbucket? You can create a project there without actual code content, just Wiki, tracker, file download, etc.
Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:10 PM   #4463
kuddel
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
 What about Github or Bitbucket? You can create a project there without actual code content, just Wiki, tracker, file download, etc.
Is that O.K. (legally according to their terms that is) to do this on github?
I thought that you have to put source onto github too when doing that...
But I am not an expert on those things.

I think I have to do some research...
/Kuddel

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

...having tried the github approach.
But I don't like that, because of the inhomogeneous setup (SVN vs. github) and confusing distribution of information.
  • (a) The releases github page always offers the Source Code downloads, which is confusing (at least). Anyone would expect the Source Code here, right
  • (b) github changes the name of the binary package! This is -again- adding confusion.

I would like to use the OrbiterWiki for releases, but we still need a storage location for the binaries (ZIPs).
The source code is available at svn://mirror.orbiter-radio.co.uk/D3D9client , so this is not an issue at all.

Anyone having a (cheap ) idea where to put the binaries?
Attached Thumbnails
github.png  

Last edited by kuddel; 01-31-2018 at 08:12 PM.
kuddel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:17 PM   #4464
Face
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuddel View Post
 But I don't like that, because of the inhomogeneous setup (SVN vs. github) and confusing distribution of information.
Well, a solution with SVN source code, OrbiterWiki info, and a third site hosting the files would be even more heterogeneous, wouldn't it?

Did you try Bitbucket as well? IMHO they have a cleaner interface than Github when it comes to simpler (i.e. no-code) projects.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:21 PM   #4465
kuddel
Donator

Quote:
 Well, a solution with SVN source code, OrbiterWiki info, and a third site hosting the files would be even more heterogeneous, wouldn't it?
Yes, sure!
But I meant "from the end-users perspective": Too many possibilities to click, ending up getting something that you don't really want.

Quote:
 Did you try Bitbucket as well? IMHO they have a cleaner interface than Github when it comes to simpler (i.e. no-code) projects.
No, not yet.
As I don't have any Bitbucket account (yet) I started with the other option first
Old 01-31-2018, 08:26 PM   #4466
Face
Beta Tester

Quote:
 Is that O.K. (legally according to their terms that is) to do this on github?
I thought that you have to put source onto github too when doing that...
But I am not an expert on those things.
I think the only requirement on your project on the free plan is that it is open source. AFAIK there is no requirement to host it all on github. Given that OVP is dual licensed GPL/LGPL to start with, that should be no problem.

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

Quote:
 But I meant "from the end-users perspective": Too many possibilities to click, ending up getting something that you don't really want.
I see what you mean. However, many users tinkering with open-source software are already familiar with github today, as it is the de-facto standard.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:35 PM   #4467
kuddel
Donator

By the way: I've never considered orbithangar as an release platform...and orbithangar is the place to download Orbiter stuff anyway.
How is updating handled there? I mean is is keeping track of Orbiter BETA?
The D3D9Client releases for Orbiter 2010 and Orbiter 2016 should be fine there!

Last edited by kuddel; 01-31-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:44 PM   #4468
Face
Beta Tester

Quote:
 By the way: I've never considered orbithangar as an release platform...and orbithangar is the place to download Orbiter stuff anyway.
How is updating handled there?
You edit your addon entry with new text and/or content. I find it a bit cumbersome for frequent releases, and would therefore only recommend it for major releases, just as it is used today.

I think Xyon once mentioned refactoring in this regards, but I have no clue how far that progressed.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:49 PM   #4469
jedidia
shoemaker without legs

Does OrbitHangar have any kind of CORS API? If it does, all we need is a jenkins plugin...
Old 01-31-2018, 08:53 PM   #4470
kuddel
Donator

Quote:
How is updating handled there?
I mean is is keeping track of Orbiter BETA?
The D3D9Client releases for Orbiter 2010 and Orbiter 2016 should be fine there!

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Visualization Project

Tags
d3d9client, graphicsclient