Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Hardware & Software Help
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Hardware & Software Help Hardware & Software related questions & help.

Old 07-20-2019, 08:03 PM   #1
TomTex
Orbinaut
Default Numpad on laptop not responding

This is with NASSP 8. i'vs tried numlock, ctrl /, no response. Can somebody please help me figure this out. Also, I have tried the top keyboard numbers, no responses.

Last edited by TomTex; 07-20-2019 at 08:44 PM.
TomTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:05 PM   #2
kuddel
Donator

Accidentally hit the [Num] Key?
kuddel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:43 PM   #3
TomTex
Orbinaut

Don't have that key. I can fly the Delta Glider with keypad, so....I'm using a gaming Dell Inspiron laptop
Old 07-20-2019, 10:35 PM   #4
kuddel
Donator

Ahhh now I saw you've mentioned NASSP! That changes things. As NASSP emulates the CSM/LM very accurately, there is no such thing as "easy fly mode".
You have to have made sure that all the switches are setup correctly to activate the RCS thruster and have them configured to give you rotation/translation etc.
That's something you have to read from the (original) NASA documentations / checklists.

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

Usually we fly the CSM with two joysticks for translational and rotational control.

If you follow the checklist for "Transposition and Docking", the CSM should be pretty much setup to be "controllable". So I would try that first.
kuddel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:07 PM   #5
TomTex
Orbinaut

I was trting a P52 alighn

--alignment and needed to stop rotation of PTC, and can't figure out how to kill rotation. No Flash key as a hint-- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

[/COLOR]Usually we fly the CSM with two joysticks for translational and rotational control.

If you follow the checklist for "Transposition and Docking", the CSM should be pretty much setup to be "controllable". So I would try that first.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-21-2019, 07:14 AM   #6
indy91
Addon Developer

Usually the RCS is disabled during a PTC so that no accidental thruster firings are throwing the PTC off. So make sure the Auto RCS Select switches on panel 8 are set to something and on panel 1 the two ROT CONT PWR - NORMAL switches are up. These last two switches are not always switched off, so the "Terminate PTC" checklist in the Checklist MFD doesn't seem to do a check on them, so maybe they are the issue.
indy91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 07-24-2019, 03:16 PM   #7
TomTex
Orbinaut
Default SOLVED: Numpad not working

I am using a laptop with Windows 10 which has Cortana. Cortana hijacks keys for shortcuts So I had to press Fn and Numlock at the same time to keep Numpad working in NASSP 8 Alpha. Had to do the same for the function keys, F1, F2 etc, Press Fn and Esc key at same time. So there you go.
Thanked by:
Old 08-08-2019, 07:07 AM   #8
Kungger
Orbinaut

Is all the over?
Kungger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:59 AM   #9
TomTex
Orbinaut

Yes. Solved using Fn key solution mentioned above.

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Hardware & Software Help