Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > General Questions & Help
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

General Questions & Help General & Advanced Orbiter flight questions, Orbiter installation questions, to all other help topics here.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
Richfromengland
Orbinaut

Question Adding third party addons into an existing scenario

Hi there,

I can't add a third party addon into an existing scenario. If I have the ISS, Mir and shuttle, and then the Multi purpose crew vehicle along with a Lunar Module, I can't have it all in one scenario. The menu in the editor doesn't display it or even allow it to load in.

I'm notsure why that could be..
Richfromengland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
orb
O-F Administrator
Ninja

What add-ons? Are they Spacecraft3 vessels?
orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
Richfromengland
Orbinaut

Sure, the CEV- MPCV, Farscape module.

Neither of the above two spacecraft can go together in a scenario that has the default spacecraft. The shuttle is an out of date spacecraft, I have failed at using it, but I'm using the future craft that America will be using about a decade from now, if everything goes A okay.

And the module is ofcourse from that Scifi tv series, but it's a probable craft.

But anyway, I'll add Soyuz soon.

It isn't any fun if I can't dock MPCV to the ISS or the shuttle or Mir, even the former is out of date. But it's there is for Orbiter, well there is that XR2, but I prefer to keep it realistic as possible.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
PhantomCruiser
Wanderer

What you can do is copy-paste out of your Farscape(?) scenario (like maybe a default scenario that came along with the add on), copy that part of the scenario file into your "new" scenario with the other vessels that you want.

If you follow my drift. With notepad (or the text editor of your choice) you can do a lot of things.

You CAN add spacecraft3 vessels via the scenario editor, but it's kind of a bulky process.

You can also run the sc3 vessel through Artlav's sc3 to dll converter, then it should show up in the scenario editor like the others.
PhantomCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
Richfromengland
Orbinaut

I don't understand the above,

I'm going to need a little step by step help.

Thanks.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #6
garyw
O-F Administrator

Can you post your existing scenario and say which addon you want to add into that scenario?
garyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #7
PhantomCruiser
Wanderer

After taking a look over at the 'hangar, the Farscape modules are for a very out of date version of Orbiter, no wonder they won't load. Looks cool though...

This CEV works A-OK
CEV-Orion
I'm currently using it on my own project.

MPCV?
Thanked by:
Old 08-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #8
Richfromengland
Orbinaut

Arrow

^ Ah I see, I also tried Venture star that was released a decade ago. I thought may be that was the reason why before I posted here, but I wanted to find out for sure.

Um, the MPCV is the new Acronym/ name for that next spacecraft if everything works out okay economically. cool:

The images attached show what I've meant by the fact that you can have one addon craft, and the default, but you cannot add other addons into the scenario. So it I want the module in the MPCV and Lunar Module scenario before attempting a landing on the Moon.

I'm terrible at Orbiter when it concerns the Orbital elements, I'm notsure if I can stick with it, I often just use the state vector and place my craft near another to orbit along side it..

Though I have gotten some knowledge out of this, space flight is a daunting and long process, and spend most of the time in LEO, with the fuel setting on or off.
Attached Thumbnails
orbsim1.JPG   orbsim2.JPG  
Old 08-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #9
PhantomCruiser
Wanderer

MPCV... Sheesh! I knew that. See what sleep deprivation gets you? The simple things go right past...

OK, I'll see if the Farscape1 works well after being run through the sc3-dll converter. I don't why it wouldn't, but I'll check to make sure.

Which CEV (MPCV) download are you using? I (and a few others) assisted Columbia42 when he put this together
Ares V v1.5

Edit - - -
Just played around with the Farscape, running it through the converter gave me a CTD. It may be something on my end, I'll try again later. In the meantime...

Just add the following lines to the scenario you are working on to get the Farscape in LEO... A quick copy-paste and you'll have it in any scenario you desire.

Code:
farscape:Spacecraft\Spacecraft
  STATUS Orbiting Earth
  RPOS 4580748.74 1060457.95 -4660430.58
  RVEL 5228.773 1471.861 5518.058
  AROT 15.06 -42.73 -19.73
  VROT -0.00 0.07 -0.00
  RCSMODE 2
  AFCMODE 7
  PRPLEVEL 0:0.998750
  NAVFREQ 0 0
END
If you have the inclination to do a bit of text editing, the solution to get spacecraft, spacecraft2 or spacecraft3 vessels in via the scenario editior, here is a thread on how to do it. http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=7767

You do have to be very exact when typing in the vessel name, capitalization and spelling errors will cause troubles.

Also; have you seen this?
Dream Chaser

After flying the Farscape around, she's pretty limited as to what she can do, and I scraped a bunch of paint off when I landed. Dreamchaser has landing gear.

Last edited by PhantomCruiser; 08-10-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #10
Richfromengland
Orbinaut

The module doesn't matter.

I have been trying to dock the MPCV with the shuttle, it's insane.

I cannot add another third party craft in that scenario. Let' say like the Soyuz, or even can I duplicate the MPCV?
Old 08-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #11
garyw
O-F Administrator

Again, can you please post the scenario that you wish to update?
garyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #12
PhantomCruiser
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richfromengland View Post
 The module doesn't matter.

I have been trying to dock the MPCV with the shuttle, it's insane.

I cannot add another third party craft in that scenario. Let' say like the Soyuz, or even can I duplicate the MPCV?
1. The module does matter, if I don't know exactly what you are using I cannot reproduce or investigate your problem with any great accuracy.

2. Again, which MPCV? (see above)

3. Due to limitations of sc3, you may not be able to add aforementioned third party craft via the scenario editor, this can be solved by manually editing the scenario via text editor, or use the methodology with the link provided.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #13
Cras
Spring of Life!

I know that my response my not seem very helpful, but you are just gonna have to trust me on this.

For any new Orbinaut, one of the most important 'skills' to learn is how to manipulate a scenario file. Trust me. From the way certain add-ons work, some just do not work well with the in-sim scenario editor, the ability to look at a scenario file, and figure out what needs to be done to add a vessel, change a vessel, add payloads, move around payloads, and the like via editing the scenario file in a text editor is an extremely valuable skill.
Cras is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #14
Richfromengland
Orbinaut

Hmm I see, I really wanted to be able to just add it in via the menu. Not have to edit files. If I'm still using this by the next version, I hope the next version makes that possible. Is that on the table for an improvement?

I had a lot of enthusiasm for the simulator a month ago. But I've cut corner and partially given up. I don't know if I can get that back. I guess sure would help if I knew somebody in person who knew how to do this, I guess we all could of needed that at first in the begining.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #15
Richfromengland
Orbinaut

Question

Okay, I have made some screenshots of my scenario list.

I'm using the old MPCV addon made by Mr Drake years ago. They are in orbit. I don't care too much about the launches! I did that years ago when I first used Orbiter, only to want to not to go any further with it. This is time it is more orbital than the launch, the docking aspect, thruster firing.

So if I want two MPCV's the one with Solar panels and another with different panels in the same scenario, along with the ISS. How do I get one or the other into the file? Preferably within the same location. Approaching from a long distance requires quite a bit of patience, which I have little for..

What about quicksaves? I have the Solar panel MPCV docked with the shuttle, funny as it may seem, as I manage to get the dock connected to the shuttle. It automatically docked without the Y and the return key command.

I have to keep trying a little.
Attached Thumbnails
OldMPCVAddon.JPG   Scen.JPG  

Last edited by Richfromengland; 08-11-2013 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Quicksave files

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > General Questions & Help