Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > Brighton Lounge
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Brighton Lounge General off-topic discussions. Political or religious topics may only be posted in The Basement forum.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:57 AM   #31
Andy44
owner: Oil Creek Astronautix

Speaking of Fu Manchu, I heard a song on a commercial a while back and looked it up, found out it was Fu and bought the CD. Odd that I missed the whole stoner rock thing, although Fu Manchu is so raw it sounds like a high school garage band. No wonder they never went mainstream.
Andy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:09 AM   #32
W35M4N
Unregistered Non-User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy44 View Post
 Speaking of Fu Manchu, I heard a song on a commercial a while back and looked it up, found out it was Fu and bought the CD. Odd that I missed the whole stoner rock thing, although Fu Manchu is so raw it sounds like a high school garage band. No wonder they never went mainstream.
It's funny, I'm the only one who listens to stoner rock that I know (at least in any lage amount) but I don't do any drugs, whereas I know some people who quite enjoy marijuana (keep in mind I'm from Canada ) I just really like basically all the music in that genre. I only own three CDs, and I don't even really listen to them because they are from bands I don't like as much anymore, I generally buy my music off iTunes not because I prefer it but because it's so much easier to get, I just go there and I can get stuff from my own home, rather than going to the nearest music store. I'd rather I had more CD's though, I am in high school and honestly still live with my parents so they own most of the CDs, my dad has some good ones though (Cream, Jimi Hendrix, ZZ Top etc.).
W35M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:33 AM   #33
Bullethead
Orbinaut

Right now, I'm listening to Dr. John. On the same playlist are folks like R.L. Burnside, Omar and the Howlers, Mike Morgan and the Crawl, Hounddog Taylor, Roy Buchanan, Keb' Mo', The Homemand Jamz Blues Band, The Phantom Blues Band, Chris Thomas King, Popa Chubby, Eddie Shaw, Elmore James, Sapphire, Lightnin' Hopkins, Sonny Terry, Professor Longhair, Taj Mahal, Sean Costello, George Thorogood, Johnny Winter, old ZZ Top, and the 3 Kings (Albert, BB, and Freddie).

My other playlist is stuff like Nazareth, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Anthrax, Pantera, Metallica, Goat, Atomic wax, and various
Bullethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:28 AM   #34
GregBurch
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
 Right now, I'm listening to Dr. John. On the same playlist are folks like R.L. Burnside, Omar and the Howlers, Mike Morgan and the Crawl, Hounddog Taylor, Roy Buchanan, Keb' Mo', The Homemand Jamz Blues Band, The Phantom Blues Band, Chris Thomas King, Popa Chubby, Eddie Shaw, Elmore James, Sapphire, Lightnin' Hopkins, Sonny Terry, Professor Longhair, Taj Mahal, Sean Costello, George Thorogood, Johnny Winter, old ZZ Top, and the 3 Kings (Albert, BB, and Freddie).
Seriously deep blues playlist there. Awesome stuff.

As an old (old, old) Texan, early ZZ Top is woven into my genes, I think. When I hear it, its high school daze again for me ...
GregBurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:09 PM   #35
steph
Orbinaut

John Lee Hooker, Hendrix, The Beatles, Jethro Tull, The Doors, ZZ Top, Porcupine Tree, Yngwie Malmsteen, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, AC/DC, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Genesis, Nightwish, Hammerfall, Stratovarius, Iced Earth and pretty much any kind of rock/heavy metal. Oh, and how could I forget? Queen, Johnny Cash, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd and Deep Purple
steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:41 PM   #36
Belisarius
Obsessed with reality. Why?

Around LEO the music is strong, getting harder around the Moon...
Sonic Youth - most uncouth
Pixies - big bad blast of rocketry
Aphex Twin - genius of noise
The Prodigy - more powerful than a matter/antimatter annihilation drive

Outer system
Bo Diddley & Jimi Hendrix - popular on Mars, apparently. The dust storms give you the blues bad
Mozart - still good after all these centuries. Popular in Jovian system
Curtis Mayfield - gotta have some soul in space. Soul revival big in Uranian system
80s hip-hop - old skool is surprisingly a la mode in Neptunian system and beyond

BTW, I don't like using the in-game mp3, though I appreciate its invention. I prefer to use the stereo and really crank it up.

Last edited by Belisarius; 09-01-2008 at 06:44 PM. Reason: bit more
Belisarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:57 PM   #37
n0mad23
Addon Developer

On-U-Sound, Habib Koite, Tinarewen, Congotronix, Pixies.
n0mad23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:55 PM   #38
Xantcha
Addon Developer

AC/DC, early Metallica, Beatles, Pink Floyd. And Modern talking too
Sometimes I'm in strange mood and listen 'Der Ring des Nibelungen' from a random part.
Also, for some reason I like country music. (No titles - Im not expert in it, just listen to whatever stuff I stumble upon).
And of course there is lots of russian music - russian rock, bards, classic soviet era songs

But honestly, I don't listen music very often since it distracts me.
Xantcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:52 PM   #39
orwellkid
Addon Developer

I'm listening to some full-on psychadelic trance. Awesome.

In playlist:

-> 1200 Micrograms - Magic Numbers
-> Joti Sidhu - Long Long Arms
-> Tegma - In All Ears
-> DJ OrwellKid - Live @ Eclipse 2008
orwellkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #40
astrosammy
Dash!

Everything that fits into Orbiter. When I'm flying historical missions I also often hear music from that time. I'm only listenig to music in Orbiter .
astrosammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #41
Moonwalker
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosammy View Post
 Everything that fits into Orbiter. When I'm flying historical missions I also often hear music from that time. I'm only listenig to music in Orbiter .
Same here

This is what I like...

Moonwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:00 PM   #42
Urwumpe
Not funny anymore

My personal favorite for blasting off into space is Nightwish - Crimson Tide/Deep Blue Sea (A Heavy Metal instrumental version of the movie scores). Of course, it is far away from silence in space... but rocks.

Damn, I sometimes love the gray nature of Youtube....
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:31 AM   #43
Belisarius
Obsessed with reality. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orwellkid View Post
 I'm listening to some full-on psychadelic trance. Awesome.

In playlist:

-> 1200 Micrograms - Magic Numbers
-> Joti Sidhu - Long Long Arms
-> Tegma - In All Ears
-> DJ OrwellKid - Live @ Eclipse 2008
Any chance you could send me some of these tracks? Please PM me if you can
Belisarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:46 AM   #44
Andy44
owner: Oil Creek Astronautix

Speaking of heavy metal, I've been getting back to the roots recently with some old school Black Sabbath. The stuff is magical.
Andy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:49 AM   #45
Urwumpe
Not funny anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy44 View Post
 Speaking of heavy metal, I've been getting back to the roots recently with some old school Black Sabbath. The stuff is magical.
I lately got some Dio stuff from a friend, also really cool old stuff.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > Brighton Lounge