Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Project Apollo - NASSP
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Project Apollo - NASSP Development, support and news for Project Apollo.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:23 PM   #16
jalexb88
Orbinaut

The SIVB module now has the capability of spawning a payload vessel at CSM/LV separation!

The significance of this is that the entire LM is now created at CSM separation instead of at LM extraction from the SLA. The way it was handled before is that the LM only existed as a mesh that was part of the SIVB project and once the CSM docked with it and hit the SIVB/LM sep switch a new vessel was created which was the actual LM and all of its systems. The disadvantage was that no interaction of the LM systems from the CSM was possible before LM extraction.

With this update, the procedures for CSM to LM power and pressurization can now be completed at the correct times ie. before LM extraction. The checklist MFD still reflects the old method and will soon be updated.
jalexb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-21-2019, 12:52 PM   #17
jalexb88
Orbinaut

Update to rotational switch functionality:

Rotaries in NASSP have been changed so that you can no longer go directly to any position on the rotary but instead have to cycle through all positions leading to the new desired position.

Mouse-click handling has also changed: Before you would left click on a the desired position, now its right-click for clockwise rotation and left-click for counter-clockwise rotation.

Some changes had to be made in code regarding the registering of certain rotaries. This means that a few very minor issues will be present in old scenarios. The affected rotaries are, CSM: RCS indicators, ECS indicators, FC indicators, THC handle and O2 demand regulator. LM: Prim/Sec CO2 canister selectors.

Here is a checklist to run in scenarios saved before this update:

CSM:

THC Handle - neutral
O2 demand regulator - BOTH

LM:

Prim CO2 canister - CLOSE
Sec CO2 canister - CLOSE
Old 06-07-2019, 07:57 PM   #18
indy91
Addon Developer

A significant change was made to the optics panel in the CSM (panel 122). So far NASSP used the layout that was (probably) used for Apollo 7, in any case an early Block II design. But Apollo 8 and later all used a different configuration from that and NASSP is simulating now many more missions than Apollo 7, so we decided to change it. Most notably the optics mode switch is now a separate mode and zero switch. And some of the other switches have switched places. The Checklist MFD has been updated for all missions for this change, so there shouldn't be any issue with that.
indy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 06-17-2019, 01:32 AM   #19
jalexb88
Orbinaut

1. The LM now has the "Crew State" implemented like it is on the CSM. The crew will die if:

- Pressure lower than 2.8 psi for 10 minutes
- Pressure higher than 22 psi for 1 hour
- Temperature above about 45C or below about 0C for 12 hours
- CO2 above 10 mmHg for 30 minutes
- Acceleration exceeds 12 g for 10 seconds
- Touchdown speed exceeds 15 m/s (= about 50 ft/s)

O̶n̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶c̶e̶p̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶e̶m̶p̶e̶r̶a̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶i̶t̶e̶r̶i̶a̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶b̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶L̶M̶ ̶t̶e̶m̶p̶e̶r̶a̶t̶u̶r̶e̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶t̶w̶e̶a̶k̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶.̶
Update: The suit temperature criteria has been enabled, but the cabin temperatures remain high with crew in cabin so that is still disabled for now.
See here: https://github.com/dseagrav/NASSP/issues/496

2. The CDR/LMP status on the ECS page of PAMFD in the LM now has a PLSS mode (portable life support system). You can put both CDR/LMP in their PLSS at the appropriate time in the checklist. The PLSS itself is still not simulated, this mode simply ensures that the astronaut is independent of both cabin and suit circuit for the EVA. The CDR must be in his PLSS for EVA to begin.

Last edited by jalexb88; 06-24-2019 at 07:05 PM.
Thanked by:
Old 07-16-2019, 01:32 PM   #20
indy91
Addon Developer
Default Project Apollo - NASSP 8.0 goes Beta!

After about two and a half years in alpha NASSP 8.0 has now reached the beta stage! For a while now we were thinking that most major features we wanted to have implemented in 8.0 are basically done, so we could think of no better date to make the change than today!

What does this mean? Well it doesn't really change anything but the name of the automatic builds on Github. Development will go on as before and there will still be many months of adding more minor or desirable features, bug fixes, performance improvements (hopefully) and adding documentation that assists in flying the supported missions of Apollo 7 to 11. And I don't think there will be a full 8.0 release before the next Orbiter milestone release, be it Orbiter 2016P1 or 2020 or whatever. Right now NASSP 8.0 still requires the Orbiter Beta.

So yeah, that's about it. Happy Apollo 11 launch day!

EDIT: Link to the first Beta release: https://github.com/dseagrav/NASSP/re...biter2016-1464

Last edited by indy91; 07-16-2019 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:32 PM   #21
kuddel
Donator

Edit: False alarm! (see posts #23 and #25)

Hi,
I don't want to rain on to your parade, but when I try the current 2016 branch and execute scenarios containing a LM (e.g. "Scenarios\Project Apollo - NASSP\Apollo - Mission Scenarios\Apollo 11\Apollo 11 - 12 - Before PDI T+102h28min.scn") I get a lot of missing meshes...

Code:
============================ ERROR: ===========================
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_Parked.msh
[MeshManager::LoadMesh | .\Mesh.cpp | 1238]
===============================================================
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LM_Parked) hMesh is NULL
000000.000: Module Floodlight.dll ........ [Build 190713, API 160828]
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LM_Parked) hMesh is NULL
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_NoWheel.msh
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LM_NoWheel) hMesh is NULL
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_Landed.msh
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LM_Landed) hMesh is NULL
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_descent.msh
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LM_descent) hMesh is NULL
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_ascent.msh
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LM_ascent) hMesh is NULL
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_ascent2.msh
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LM_ascent2) hMesh is NULL
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_ContactProbes.msh
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LM_ContactProbes) hMesh is NULL
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LPD_gret.msh
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LPD_gret) hMesh is NULL
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LPD_gext.msh
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LPD_gext) hMesh is NULL
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_FwdHatch.msh
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LM_FwdHatch) hMesh is NULL
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_Drogue.msh
D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Client::clbkStoreMeshPersistent(ProjectApollo/LM_Drogue) hMesh is NULL
Or here as a more compact list:

Code:
>>> Texture not found: ProjectApollo/AST_TEXT.dds
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\.msh
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_ascent.msh
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_ascent2.msh
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_ContactProbes.msh
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_descent.msh
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_Drogue.msh
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_FwdHatch.msh
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_Landed.msh
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LM_NoWheel.msh
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LPD_gext.msh
Mesh not found: .\Meshes\ProjectApollo/LPD_gret.msh

Last edited by kuddel; 07-16-2019 at 06:19 PM.
kuddel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 05:45 PM   #22
jalexb88
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuddel View Post
 Hi,
I don't want to rain on to your parade, but when I try the current 2016 branch and execute scenarios containing a LM (e.g. "Scenarios\Project Apollo - NASSP\Apollo - Mission Scenarios\Apollo 11\Apollo 11 - 12 - Before PDI T+102h28min.scn") I get a lot of missing meshes...
hmm, are you certain you are using the very latest version of NASSP? Those meshes have been discarded a while ago, they were part of the old LM mesh.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:50 PM   #23
kuddel
Donator

Uuuups! I totally mixed up several of my setups! Sorry.
Please ignore that post

I'll do it once again (more carefully I hope) and strike out that old post once I have valid results!
Old 07-16-2019, 06:15 PM   #24
jalexb88
Orbinaut

Could you believe we are now down to 3 meshes for the LM...it makes me laugh that we used to have that many (11) for one spacecraft
Old 07-16-2019, 06:18 PM   #25
kuddel
Donator

Once one does it correct, it works! Doh
Thanked by:
Old 07-17-2019, 07:20 AM   #26
Sverige
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy91 View Post
 After about two and a half years in alpha NASSP 8.0 has now reached the beta stage! For a while now we were thinking that most major features we wanted to have implemented in 8.0 are basically done, so we could think of no better date to make the change than today!

What does this mean? Well it doesn't really change anything but the name of the automatic builds on Github. Development will go on as before and there will still be many months of adding more minor or desirable features, bug fixes, performance improvements (hopefully) and adding documentation that assists in flying the supported missions of Apollo 7 to 11. And I don't think there will be a full 8.0 release before the next Orbiter milestone release, be it Orbiter 2016P1 or 2020 or whatever. Right now NASSP 8.0 still requires the Orbiter Beta.

So yeah, that's about it. Happy Apollo 11 launch day!

EDIT: Link to the first Beta release: https://github.com/dseagrav/NASSP/re...biter2016-1464
Thanks for this amazing job! NASSP has meant a lot to me and will also do so in the future. The best simulator forever
Sverige is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-09-2019, 10:15 PM   #27
gryper
Orbinaut
Default SWEET!

I cannot believe you guys have finally finished the LM! I have been following NASSP forums for about what, 12-15 years now? I roughly know about everything you guys have been working on since then. This is an amazing achievement. It took forever, but it was worth it. I quit using Orbiter for a few years, waiting for this project to be (mostly) complete. To say "nice job" would be a major understatement. I am now re-installing and looking forward to diving back into Apollo.

Thanks for all of the years of work (and probable headaches :D) everyone involved put into this. And you all did it for no compensation. Thank you! I will try to get the most enjoyment possible from this in the coming months.
gryper is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 12-06-2019, 07:35 AM   #28
spinkle
Orbinaut

Many thanks great job is there any more updates in the pipe line, just wondering as there hasn't been any update for a while ?
spinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:45 PM   #29
indy91
Addon Developer

I've been doing a lot of work on the RTCC MFD, but it's quite tedious work and requires a lot of reorganization. It's one of those changes that break nearly everything, so before I can push another update there is a lot to do in terms of fixing and testing. No small incremental updates for that possible. But hopefully I should be through with that in 1-2 weeks.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:48 PM   #30
Jordan
Orbinaut

I am currently working on a new launch pad for NASSP.
I uploaded some screenshots here.

https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showth...postcount=7625
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Project Apollo - NASSP