Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum > Orbiter Forum Space Station
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Forum Space Station Forum for the OFSS project. Visit the social group at: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/group.php?groupid=26

Old 09-15-2009, 04:41 AM   #1
Tex
O-F Administrator

Project OFSS Project Discussions

This thread is for discussing the project.

I improved the social group making use of a forum so all previous discussions now act like threads. This allows you to see the latest OFSS posts on the home page stats and from the New Posts and Today's Posts searches.

All of the previous OFSS group discussions have been converted into threads for the OFSS forum. Unfortunately the project discussions topic we were posting in did not convert. You can still access it HERE for reference. Please use this thread to continue the project discussions.

Click here to access the OFSS forum or click here to go to the OFSS social group page.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:59 AM   #2
Tex
O-F Administrator

To pick up where the discussion left off... Brad made the suggestion we go ahead with the planned Soyuz flight this month and ATV the following month, then change the following Soyuz flight to CTV. I believe Woo482 also mentioned he was working on an adapter for ATV/CTV.

For reference the current mission schedule is posted HERE.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:40 PM   #3
Arrowstar
Probenaut

The Ariane6 and CTV combo looks good, I like it a lot.

By the way (and not to go off topic), does this mean that social groups can create their own sub-forums now?
Arrowstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:49 PM   #4
Woo482

Tex: the Adapter is practically done I just need to change a few more things, do you want me to send you a download link when It's finished ?
EDIT: for those who haven't seen it
Woo482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:47 PM   #5
bradfirj92
Orbinaut

Woo, will the adapter make the ariane 5 fairings and escape tower fit the 6 nicely or is it something else?
bradfirj92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #6
Woo482

look at the picture in the above post that's the adapter with the CTV and its Escape Tower and I'm not totally sure about the Fairings
Old 09-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #7
bradfirj92
Orbinaut

Sorry I was on my phone again reading the text only page. nice one.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:00 PM   #8
n122vu
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woo482 View Post
 look at the picture in the above post that's the adapter with the CTV and its Escape Tower and I'm not totally sure about the Fairings

Would you really need fairings with this setup? Launch in this config would resemble the old Apollo/Saturn combo. Kind of a retro look. I like it.
n122vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #9
Woo482

you'd only need Fairings when using the ATV or you could just keep the Escape Tower Attached
Old 09-15-2009, 08:59 PM   #10
Tex
O-F Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowstar View Post
 By the way (and not to go off topic), does this mean that social groups can create their own sub-forums now?
Well it is possible for any social group to have it's own forum, however I have disabled the ability for members to create forums for their own social groups. That's not to say I won't allow any other social groups to have their own forum, but I would like to keep the number of groups with their own forum to a minimum. As much as we converse about this project it only made sense that we have a proper forum for discussing. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to use the multi-quote feature and couldn't in the default social group discussions.

You can see the latest OFSS posts via the stats box on the home page or the New Posts/Today's Posts searches. You can also see all the threads from the social group page similar to the way it was before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woo482 View Post
 Tex: the Adapter is practically done I just need to change a few more things, do you want me to send you a download link when It's finished ?
Yes please. Thanks Woo, that looks really nice. Good work!
Old 09-16-2009, 12:15 AM   #11
bradfirj92
Orbinaut

The fairings I was talking about were the ones that cover the service module and meet the escape tower. They fall away after the tower has detached.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:19 AM   #12
n122vu
Addon Developer

Noticed mission 8 was scheduled for 9/11, mission 9 scheduled for today, but haven't seen scenario packs released for either. Have the pilots received them, or are we just a bit behind due to all the schedule changes/requests? No rush, just wondering.

Thanks,
n122vu

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfirj92 View Post
 The fairings I was talking about were the ones that cover the service module and meet the escape tower. They fall away after the tower has detached.
Ok. I'm on the same page with you now. Would be necessary then, I'd think.
n122vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:25 AM   #13
Tex
O-F Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by n122vu View Post
 Noticed mission 8 was scheduled for 9/11, mission 9 scheduled for today, but haven't seen scenario packs released for either. Have the pilots received them, or are we just a bit behind due to all the schedule changes/requests? No rush, just wondering.

Thanks,
n122vu
Not sure where you got your info from, but you can see the Sept calendar here. To see the entire schedule visit this thread. Mission 7 (which has already been completed) was only scheduled today. Mission 8 pack will be released by Thur.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:37 AM   #14
Woo482

at the moment the A6-CTV adapter doesn't fall away like a Fairing (it's defined as a stage) but I'll try and add that later
Old 09-16-2009, 03:24 AM   #15
Ark
Orbinaut

Why aren't you just using the A5?
Ark is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum > Orbiter Forum Space Station