Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum > OFMM
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

OFMM Discussions for the OFMM project.

Old 08-21-2010, 02:43 AM   #211
River Crab
SpaceX Cheer Captain

Didn't you already do it?
And so did dgatsoulis, right?
River Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:46 AM   #212
Izack
Non sequitur

I found a showstopping bug.

If you start a simulation with the focus far away from a UCGO vessel, it will revert to a box. The moment you select a crewman who was in an inflatable base, he/she dies. I tried a few workarounds, but none worked.

I think if vessels were created which used the object's unpacked mesh, it could be half-solved, but bases would be unbreathable, etc.
Izack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:55 AM   #213
PhantomCruiser
Wanderer

Perhaps we could unpack a base, then "magically" replace it with a prelude base at the same location. Not a great solution, but...
PhantomCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-21-2010, 02:59 AM   #214
Izack
Non sequitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomCruiser View Post
 Perhaps we could unpack a base, then "magically" replace it with a prelude base at the same location. Not a great solution, but...
Eh, not a bad idea. Not pretty, but the Prelude has everything needed in a spaceport as far as we're concerned.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:01 AM   #215
River Crab
SpaceX Cheer Captain

Weight comes off the ship, base appears on Phobos. I guess that works out...?

Another easy thing you can do is make an ridiculously dense "Unpackable Prelude" cargo, so the weight adds up, and you have less work (no need replacing the base).
You just need to believe the cargo is bigger...
Old 08-21-2010, 03:11 AM   #216
Izack
Non sequitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Crab View Post
 Weight comes off the ship, base appears on Phobos. I guess that works out...?

Another easy thing you can do is make an ridiculously dense "Unpackable Prelude" cargo, so the weight adds up, and you have less work (no need replacing the base).
You just need to believe the cargo is bigger...
But that returns the problem of it reverting to a box and killing everyone inside. Unless, I guess, if after it is unpacked, go into the scenario and change the entry Phobos Base:UCGOPrelude (or whatever it would be called) to Phobos BasereludeII (and change all references, blah blah blah.)
Old 08-21-2010, 03:56 AM   #217
River Crab
SpaceX Cheer Captain

Shouldn't it spawn an active prelude.dll vessel and delete the cargo vessel, like how the unpackable probe works? I don't see why it wouldn't work, since the unpacked Prelude would be exactly the same as a normal Prelude once unpacked.
Is this a problem of modules, or vessel names, or what?
Old 08-21-2010, 03:58 AM   #218
Izack
Non sequitur

Alright, that makes sense. I'm not very familiar with UCGO's inner workings (I only started looking at them last week )
Old 08-21-2010, 04:21 AM   #219
River Crab
SpaceX Cheer Captain

OK, someone test this for me.
Quick and dirty config for an unpackable Prelude, it goes in "Orbiter2010\Config\Vessels\UCGO\Cargos", save as .cfg file:
Code:
; === Configuration file for UCGO cargo ===
ucForceName    = cpr2                    ; Force object name when cargo is released max 6 char.
Module         = UCGODynamicCargo            ; if this cargo can be unpacked or released as module
Mass         = 200000                ; mass of content in kg
MeshName     = UniversalCars/UCGOCargInflatMainBox    ; Box mesh name (packed cargo)
UcDescription     = Prelude II base construction kit    ; description
ucSpawnModule    = DGIVPreludeII                ; name of vessel config to spawn once cargo released.
ucSpawnDelay    = 5                    ; delay in seconds of module spawning after cargo release (max 600)
ucSpawnCondition= 3                    ; 0=Landed 1=Not landed 2=Always 3=unpack by UMmu

UMMuBreathableBase    = 1            ; 1 if it's a UMMU base (can breath into it)
UMMuBaseRadius        = 100                ; breathable radius in meter from center of mesh

ImageBmp = Images\UniversalCars\crgLife.bmp ;image for scenery editor

; === MANDATORY NO NEED TO EDIT THIS BELOW ===
Size = 20.0    ; size is 1.3 meter but this is to avoid LOD uggly switch
AlbedoRGB = 0.6 0.6 0.6
TouchdownPoints = 0.0 -0.005 3.0 -4.0 -0.005 -3.00 4.0 -0.005 -3.00
EditorCreate=true
EnableFocus = true               ; One of the rare case where one want focus available on cargo
BEGIN_ATTACHMENT
P 0.0 1.0 0.70  0 0 1  0 1 0  UCGOCG
END_ATTACHMENT
Old 08-22-2010, 06:46 PM   #220
dgatsoulis
ele2png user

I will work when you remove these lines:
Code:
UMMuBreathableBase    = 1            ; 1 if it's a UMMU base (can breath into it)
UMMuBaseRadius        = 100                ; breathable radius in meter from center of mesh
I gave it a try and it looks... just wrong. (even with an OFMM skin.)

Such a base on Mars, carried there by the Arrow and assembled in a day or two, by a handfull of astronauts, looks beyond ridiculous. Not to mention how a Prelude base on Phobos looks like. (Within the parameters of OFMM of course, there's nothing wrong with the Prelude base in general.)

Why not "fall-back" to the 2006 version? The UCGO works pretty well there. None of the problems posted above occur.
The Martian texture looks far better on the 2010 version but you can always copy it over on 2006.

Just a thought...

Last edited by dgatsoulis; 08-23-2010 at 05:59 AM.
dgatsoulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-24-2010, 01:00 AM   #221
Izack
Non sequitur

Sorry I haven't responded in a while. My computer's been...odd...lately, and applications more complex than Firefox tend to get screwy, so no Orbiter for me for a while.

As a result, obviously I can't test the Prelude base, but I'll take RC's and Dgat's word on it. Whether to use it or not, I'll leave it up to you. It doesn't matter much to me ATM.

Now to go reinstall DirectX...
Old 08-24-2010, 02:36 AM   #222
River Crab
SpaceX Cheer Captain

Oof.
While you work that out, I guess we should decide if we're going to migrate to 2006p1? I'm not sure. I don't want to make the final decision, but I'm fine with switching. Any objections?
Old 08-24-2010, 02:46 AM   #223
PhantomCruiser
Wanderer

No objections, either way I'm good... In the meantime, don't we have a poor group of guys stuck in a DGIV in LMO?
PhantomCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:46 AM   #224
River Crab
SpaceX Cheer Captain

I guess I'll start putting together a package for 2006, then.
IIRC, that's:

OrbiterSound
UCGO
DGIV
Older XR2 (Problematic; I have a backup of this on an external HD but I won't have it for 6 days and I think it's too big to attach here. If I remove the sounds, maybe...)
Wideawake International
L10 Mars
L10 "Phobo"
Prometheus Arrow skin
Epimetheus DGIV skin
OFMM flag cargo
Your choice of Landing MFD
Caffeinated drink
Probeinated Caffeine

Last edited by River Crab; 08-27-2010 at 02:23 PM. Reason: added Wideawake
Old 08-27-2010, 03:17 AM   #225
Izack
Non sequitur

Older XR2 may be a problem, as we technically aren't supposed to have or distribute one. But, has anyone tested the current version with the older Orbiter? I'm still working out what's happened to my computer, so I can't right now...

Also, as I'm sure a few of you are, I'm going back to school in a little while. It probably won't be a problem, but just a heads-up that my assignments will take priority over this.

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum > OFMM