Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Space Shuttle Ultra Support & development threads for Space Shuttle Ultra addon.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:58 PM   #511
GLS
Addon Developer

I'm on the final strech of a probably-too-big update to the vc lights (and other parts), and I want to ask if anyone knows how the RMS master alarm sounded? Is it like the "main" master alarm?

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 I'm on the final strech of a probably-too-big update to the vc lights (and other parts), and I want to ask if anyone knows how the RMS master alarm sounded? Is it like the "main" master alarm?
For now it uses the "standard" CW tone (I generated a new one and also the other CW sounds), and if it's wrong it can always be changed. Anyway, the RMS master alarm will now come on when the a joint passes its reach limits.

In other news, I just finished committing the massive visual upgrade to the vc: most lights and PBIs are now done! Probably the majority still isn't used, but they all can be tested with the Lamp Test switches (a trick to "bypass" the momentary contact feature in those switches is to click and drag the mouse away, and the switch will "stick").
Only the lights on panel L1, A2 and A7U are missing, or weren't upgraded yet, but their time will come.
I also did a few light-related corrections to the ODS panel, DAP PBIs and the PCT stuff.
GLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-20-2017, 06:19 PM   #512
GLS
Addon Developer

VC lights are (finally) done!
Thanked by:
Old 03-21-2017, 07:28 PM   #513
STS
Orbinaut

Any pic?
STS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:44 PM   #514
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STS View Post

Any pic?
Your wish is my command:

The images don't have the best of qualities because I can't really push my computer as this morning I think I fried my graphics card.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lights1.PNG
Views:	247
Size:	449.4 KB
ID:	15099   Click image for larger version

Name:	lights2.PNG
Views:	249
Size:	426.0 KB
ID:	15100   Click image for larger version

Name:	lights3.PNG
Views:	239
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	15101   Click image for larger version

Name:	lights4.PNG
Views:	253
Size:	442.2 KB
ID:	15102   Click image for larger version

Name:	lights5.PNG
Views:	255
Size:	369.8 KB
ID:	15103  

Name:	lights6.PNG
Views:	258
Size:	405.6 KB
ID:	15104  
Old 03-21-2017, 08:06 PM   #515
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

I can check with my card, if something is really fried there.

But it looks good in your pictures

About the obsolete API calls: I would suggest fixing the query calls by adding abstract data sources and inject suitable Orbiter API data sources for them.

e.g. "AbstractAirDataSource" and "Orbiter2016AirDataSource". This way we can get a step closer to test our code by unit tests and are easier able to fix things for future releases.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:20 AM   #516
4throck
Enthusiast !

Nice clean texturing looking good.
4throck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:41 PM   #517
DaveS
Addon Developer

Panel R13L is visible in the PLB camera views: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wb4a0a98oo..._camA.jpg?dl=0
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-23-2017, 12:24 AM   #518
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 Panel R13L is visible in the PLB camera views: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wb4a0a98oo..._camA.jpg?dl=0
Thanks, that made me look at the panel groups and not only I found the problem (only the aft group was hiding its panels with own mesh), but I also found why panels in the port aft panel group weren't working (missing call to that group). If it wasn't for this missing call, the Centaur and IUS panels would also have been visible, but as they weren't working in the port aft group, I added them to the aft group, which made them "immune" to this visibility issue.
I also got the panel groups to be called (for whatever) in the same order, but all of this didn't fix panel F4 not working sometimes.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:11 AM   #519
asdad
Orbinaut

Guys , I found this in Landing_SOP.cpp it says: dps\Landing_SOP.cpp(42): warning C4482: nonstandard extension used: enum 'AnimState::Action' used in qualified name can you fix it ?
asdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:26 AM   #520
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdad View Post
 Guys , I found this in Landing_SOP.cpp it says: dps\Landing_SOP.cpp(42): warning C4482: nonstandard extension used: enum 'AnimState::Action' used in qualified name can you fix it ?
Done.
Thanked by:
Old 03-23-2017, 10:50 AM   #521
asdad
Orbinaut

thank you GLS
asdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:03 PM   #522
GLS
Addon Developer

I updated the old oapiCreateSurface() to oapiCreateSurfaceEx() (used in the D3D9 A/E PFD tapes), and used the OAPISURFACE_RENDERTARGET and OAPISURFACE_SKETCHPAD settings. It works, but this maybe should be looked at by a "graphics expert", to see if there are better settings.
Thanked by:
Old 03-30-2017, 09:11 PM   #523
GLS
Addon Developer

... and for our next trick:

The brightness is controlled by the right knob (duh!) and clicking there cycles by 3 values: low (40%), medium (80%, default) and bright (100%).

I just spent a horrible day "standardizing", by hand, the materials used in the vc meshes and giving them meaningful names. Now it should be easier to change the settings for switches or levers without changing the talkbacks or something else. I'll leave any needed changes to the materials for somebody else... just don't forget to change it on all vc meshes so we don't end up with a setting per panel.

In other news, I've been looking at the DG vc light show, and for the panel lighting we'll need to have the panel labels in a separate texture and mesh, so we can play with the material in there. As for the internal floodlights it should be +/- easy to do, but we'll need to play with the vc materials (easier now) to have a darker vc without the lights. Adding variable brightness to the annunciator lights will probably work by separating the light background (and leaving it in the panel texture) and the current light mesh group would have just the text/bar that lights up. For PBIs it gets a bit tricky as those things move, so we would have to animate 2 mesh groups per PBI...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bright.PNG
Views:	147
Size:	333.2 KB
ID:	15117  
Thanked by:
Old 03-31-2017, 10:58 PM   #524
GLS
Addon Developer

This is far from complete (if it ever gets there), but I had to share this image

Only the 4 glareshield lights are (+/-) done and I darkened the vc without any care . I looks good and right and +/- scary in the night side, but... even with just 4 extra lights we appear to be hitting some limit, and when looking thru the aft windows some of the PLB lights aren't showing .
Also, in D3D9 the spotlights seem to be points with the light going in all directions instead of a directed light beam... I'll post about this in the D3D9 thread.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	vclights.PNG
Views:	117
Size:	362.7 KB
ID:	15118  
Thanked by:
Old 03-31-2017, 11:24 PM   #525
DaveS
Addon Developer

Default SSU Development thread (4.0 to 5.0)

I believe that D3D7 has a hardcoded limit of lights. D3D9Client doesn't, it can be set in the D3D9Client.cfg file. I have tested it as high as 40 with no ill effects pr severe FPS drops on my GTX970. This is just another reason why DX7 should be abandoned as support for it will be dropped by MS soonest or later now that Windows 7 is on its way out and Windows 10 is being pushed very hard and AFAIK, there's no new licenses being issued by MS for Windows 7.

Last edited by DaveS; 03-31-2017 at 11:30 PM.
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra