Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:41 AM   #31
Interceptor
Orbinaut

OMG,just mind blowing,are you going to have the winged launch complex WLC ,like the older one that was never released,the one that has the simulated water sound suppression? I would love to see that make it in it.Thanks WHAP,andFACE.Cheers
Interceptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #32
vchamp
Orbinaut

Excuse me if it was already answered and I didn't notice it. Will every animated part, the spaceport has, be a separate vessel? Not a very good idea, if there are many of them, imho. I think it is possible to make a whole spaceport as a single vessel and define viewing spots, animations, everything else for it.
vchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:06 AM   #33
Face
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by vchamp View Post
 Excuse me if it was already answered and I didn't notice it. Will every animated part, the spaceport has, be a separate vessel? Not a very good idea, if there are many of them, imho. I think it is possible to make a whole spaceport as a single vessel and define viewing spots, animations, everything else for it.
No, the whole base is made as one vessel. The object model used will allow to create separate vessels, too, but we went with the single-vessel approach.
Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-05-2011, 08:23 AM   #34
vchamp
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
 No, the whole base is made as one vessel. The object model used will allow to create separate vessels, too, but we went with the single-vessel approach.
Great news! Thank you! I actually never thought about this possibility, to make a whole base as a single vessel, before. It is a good way to make big spaceports.
vchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #35
Grover
Saturn V Misfire

loving the additions, taxiway signage, animated hangars controlled by an MFD, but it raised a question:

will the hangars be labelled as well, so you open the right hangar via the MFD, or will there be another easy way to identify which one to open/close/control?

also, sorry to ruin the good reputation of this thread, but how long will we have to wait before i can load an XR5 out of this awesome new place?

thanks
-==-Grover-==-
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:47 AM   #36
Face
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
 will the hangars be labelled as well, so you open the right hangar via the MFD, or will there be another easy way to identify which one to open/close/control?
Click image for larger version

Name:	TA1.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	6679

Quote:
 also, sorry to ruin the good reputation of this thread, but how long will we have to wait before i can load an XR5 out of this awesome new place?
The new Ascension port will open on Tuesday, of course.

regards,
Face
Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #37
wehaveaproblem
One step closer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
 OMG,just mind blowing,are you going to have the winged launch complex WLC
This idea has evolved into the new LFMC, in particular the shielded launchway. There will be some visible sound suppression, but unfortunately it won't look quite so impressive as the WLC concept. That said, I think the overall experience of launching will be much more exciting now. When the next round of coding is done the LFMC will have its functionality and I will post up some shots to explain its workings more clearly.

Quote:
Just to echo what Face said, there will be plenty of ways to identify where you are and what the associate function in the mfd is.

And yes, next Tuesday.
wehaveaproblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #38
Spacethingy
Multitasker

Awesome man! Can't wait till Tuesday!

I'm loving the basic ATC implementation - will it have Orbitersound call-outs?

"WIN tower to XR2, go round, Vanguard on the runway..."
Spacethingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-05-2011, 01:35 PM   #39
wehaveaproblem
One step closer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacethingy View Post
 Awesome man! Can't wait till Tuesday!

I'm loving the basic ATC implementation - will it have Orbitersound call-outs?

"WIN tower to XR2, go round, Vanguard on the runway..."
Thanks.

As to sounds, it is possible - it's on the wish-list. However there are possible issues with time excel and call-outs, but that only really applies if the doors have a prolonged activation noise for eg , which they won't. So some sort of voice chatter might well make it in, but I very much doubt it could be at all reactive, like your example. But certainly acknowledgements of requests and such can be done.
Thanked by:
Old 02-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #40
Izack
Non sequitur

A little late, but... WOW!!
Izack is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #41
Grover
Saturn V Misfire

ah yes, but which tuesday

im liking it though, shouldnt be a problem, maybe even add a simple map into the MFD, but im sure we'll manage without

thanks guys, and bring on Tuesday!
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #42
Hlynkacg
Aspiring rocket scientist

Quote:
I see where you are coming from regarding engineering. But architecture is art... or rather, architecture can be art... yet still retain it's functionality. If you ever go to Dubai, you will know what I mean.
That's fair. I actually HAVE been to Dubai so I know what you mean

Don't feel obligated to change anything on my account (as I said it looks incredible) but looking at the shear size of those windows in comparison to the XR5 just drives home (in my mind) how impractical they are. Maybe adding a grid/diamond texture and toning down the color saturation on the windows would help with the suspension of disbelief without sacrificing the overall "Art".

Done well it could be interpereted as an homage to the golden age of Rail Travel.

All aboard for the Jovian Express!
Hlynkacg is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #43
wehaveaproblem
One step closer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlynkacg View Post
 That's fair. I actually HAVE been to Dubai so I know what you mean

Don't feel obligated to change anything on my account (as I said it looks incredible) but looking at the shear size of those windows in comparison to the XR5 just drives home (in my mind) how impractical they are. Maybe adding a grid/diamond texture and toning down the color saturation on the windows would help with the suspension of disbelief without sacrificing the overall "Art".
your window comment is fair, and I have played around with a 'lattice' texture for the windows. The only reason I didn't model panels was to keep poly count reasonable. I figure some future tech carbopolimer-plastic could be used for larger spans than current glass, but it is still an 'issue' on my list. And the colour is definitely beta! I need to experiment some more, to get the best balance in day/night look.

But don't worry, I won't change anything on your account!
Thanked by:
Old 02-05-2011, 06:28 PM   #44
fsci123
Future Dubstar and Rocketkid

WILL some of the code,meshes,textures be for download like generic hangars?
fsci123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:28 PM   #45
Tex
O-F Administrator

I'm late as well to this thread of joy! Awesome WHAP, thanks for your hard work on this mate! Really looking forward to it!!
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development