Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #91
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorton View Post
 Could you explain how exactly did you arrive to this assumption?
LOL, don't expect that much from me.

Lets translate it by my high school dictionary:

дивизия Division
ракетных Rocket-
кораблей ships (neutral, genitive, plural)

Division of Rocketships.

Hey, I was close. But no cigar.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:19 PM   #92
Thorton
sense offender

Ah, I misunderstood you
I thought you wrote that ДРК is related somehow to the rocket and spacecraft simultaneously.
Thorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #93
Ghostrider
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
 Division of Rocketships.
Do you mean they're the ones who order to dispatch war rocket "Ajax" to bring back his body?
Ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #94
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorton View Post
 Ah, I misunderstood you
I thought you wrote that ДРК is related somehow to the rocket and spacecraft simultaneously.
No, it was just a wild guess by Googling the acronym, while having no time for proper work during housekeeping.

---------- Post added 10-10-10 at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-09-10 at 08:27 PM ----------

Have finished translating the C&W indicators...there are some small differences between the 7K-OK and the 7K-TM as far as I can tell in the indicators and Command-Signal matrix.

What had been helpful finding many acronyms:

http://www.spaceref.com/iss/ops/russ....act.deact.pdf
Old 10-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #95
Wishbone
Clueless developer

Grrr... I had it on my computer and never thought to consult it. Thanks!
Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:07 PM   #96
4throck
Enthusiast !

Here's what I have right now for the 7K virtual cockpit.
The periscope view (simulated by positioning the internal camera at the right coordinates) is right on the Salyut docking target . Most of the cockpit interior is not detailed, but at least it's clean and non intrusive. If someone has a 360 panorama of a 7K interior that I can use it would be much better. Otherwise, this is the best I have.
The panels are detailed enough I think.

If you guys want this for your Soyuz addon development, I can share the VC mesh right now.
4throck is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #97
castorp
Orbinaut

That looks really excellent, 4throck!
'would love to personally see it in action with your SC3 modular version of the craft.

here, the -TM mesh is progressing slowly but surely. 'basically just need to finish the docking collar and it'll be ready for Design Bureau review...

cheers
hc
castorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:38 PM   #98
SiberianTiger
News Sifter

Quote:
 Does anybody know a contact address for writing a friendly email and ask? Doesn't Energia have a history department?
I highly doubt that possibility. But you can make a friendly post at novosti-kosmonavtiki forum, for instance, in this topic: http://www.novosti-kosmonavtiki.ru/p...pic.php?t=3187 and hope that several well known Soyuz experts notice your question. English is okay for posting.

A series of article covering Soyuz history in detail are available:
I'm sorry if the linked material happens to be too basic for the specific development needs.
SiberianTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #99
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by castorp View Post
 here, the -TM mesh is progressing slowly but surely. 'basically just need to finish the docking collar and it'll be ready for Design Bureau review...
Do you include the docking target on the Soyuz as well there? It is launched folded and deployed with the other Igla antennas. The NASA history homepage has many blueprints of the Soyuz modifications there.

Not much new here, still work in the deforesting department (printing and analyzing documents), but a basic 7K DLL is getting ahead. A current gimmick feature is the ability to create any combination of the three modules, though most options are just different meshes with the same parameters for now. A complete inanimate active 7K-OK spacecraft is there, RCS thrusters are not placed correctly yet, SKD and DKD are operative. No IKV, no Gyroscopes, no SK, no BDUS and no ID. short: All that is fun is not working yet.

I think the structure of the meshes could need a bit cleaning (it is a lot of replacing meshes currently), but as long as I have not reached the point where it gets painful, I can tolerate it.

About the VC path, I have a basic anim8or mesh of the Soyuz 7K-OK panel done, it would just need the rest of the capsule and better texturing. If somebody more skilled wants to work it it, I can email the an8 and the existing textures away.

In theory, it would even be possible to make VC and 2D panels use the same textures, what is possible with a 2D panel is also not impossible with a VC mesh.

I think a VC would be nicer, since many indications on the warning light panel make sense then (Like which hatch is open, which panel controls airlock). Also the biggest differences in the spacecraft are visible from inside a VC, since the outside didn't change much during the versions, but the inside was pretty much overturned. Tough problem would be making the TV display and periscope work in a VC, but that is a solvable problem.

I still don't know where the external TV cameras of the Soyuz capsule are... which is mildly annoying. The internal TV cameras can be done by static pictures as long as there is no VC to be made visible.

Does anybody have a problem with making radio commands and mission control voice commands scripted by a scenario Lua file?
Old 10-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #100
Wishbone
Clueless developer

Are you planning to link up MS Speech engine? /me personally would be ok with Lua on-screen messages.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #101
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
 Are you planning to link up MS Speech engine? /me personally would be ok with Lua on-screen messages.
Is it a standard component since Windows XP, or can be made optional? If yes, I can think about it.

I actually thought about on-screen text messages.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:21 PM   #102
Wishbone
Clueless developer

AFAIK it was shipped with XP, and I installed SAPI on W2K as well. The default Microsoft Sam voice is fine for most messages :-) (the "Russian" version of the voice pack is OTOH _awful_)
Old 10-14-2010, 05:25 PM   #103
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
 AFAIK it was shipped with XP, and I installed SAPI on W2K as well. The default Microsoft Sam voice is fine for most messages :-) (the "Russian" version of the voice pack is OTOH _awful_)
Ok, I will note this for version 1.2 or later.

1.0 = Soyuz 7-OK fully functional, goal for first stable release.
1.1 = early Soyuz 7-T
1.2 = late Soyuz 7-T, Soyuz 7-T/AF, Soyuz 7-T/F, Soyuz 7-TM
1.4 = Salyut support
1.5 = Soyuz-T
Thanked by:
Old 10-14-2010, 10:44 PM   #104
4throck
Enthusiast !

Quote:
 I still don't know where the external TV cameras of the Soyuz capsule are...
Same here. I've tried to locate them by looking at EVA footage....
Can't quite explain this:
It seem to be mixed video from both spacecraft and not a simple reflection. Anyway, I can't make out the exact point of view.

Anyway, here's a link about Soyuz 4 - 5 communication systems. Perhaps it's useful. http://www.svengrahn.pp.se/trackind/...5/soyuz45.html
The part about the Igla system is very informative.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by castorp View Post
 'would love to personally see it in action with your SC3 modular version of the craft.
Patience! I does work, but I'm still trying to get a logical launch/jettison sequence.

Right now, it's Service Module, Reentry Module, Orbital Module. But perhaps I'll change it so that the Reentry module is the first active craft.

But if you are in the Reentry module, your forward view is blocked by the Orbital module. The VC is offset to the periscope location, so this is not a real problem. But if you use Camera MFD on the periscope you have to move the camera manually, so it's messy. Here's what it looks in action:

From my point of view, having to use Remote MFD (to control the Service module) adds to the experience, because you have more to do with the spacecraft. The only downside is not hearing sound from RCS.

For docking, Dock MFD only works if you select the Orbital Module (all other modules are docked together). I've also set it up to give you the same VC view, and this way camera MFD give a usable forward view.

Of course, if you launch it as it is... this is what you get:

Kind of cool !
4throck is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-14-2010, 11:09 PM   #105
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

I have to watch the bonus parts of a DVD again, there is a long NASA documentary about ASTP maybe I can get better images there. The footage on youtube only shows the center line camera in the docking port.

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development