Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #256
n122vu
Addon Developer

Another vote for liking the signage, and another vote for more contrast on the hangar sign. Keep up the great work!
n122vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 01-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #257
wehaveaproblem
One step closer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceJohnJennerLawso View Post
 Its good, but it doesnt look real enough. I find the new wideawake a bit too fanciful for my liking, but Im sure that wont ruin it. It just needs a bit more tweaking to look right. Maybe a bit darker & a bit more contrast on those textures?
Yeah I am aware that AU will not be stylistically to everyone's liking, but that is only half the project. The other half is the code base. Most of my work is cosmetic, so my taste obviously, but the code base will enable others to use all the base's functionality with their own meshes. I was always aware that my artistic style, whilst tempered by feedback, would not appeal to all Orbiter users.
But thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated. And the contrast issue has been noted, I'm gonna work on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeET View Post
 I do like the fonts.
One nitpick though...the letter "G" looks a lot like "C". Reference the 2nd screenshot.
Just my $0.02 worth.
Hadn't really thought on that, but think you are perhaps right, I can always post-edit the Gs to increase their crossbar a touch. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy2 View Post
 For my 2p's worth
I concur with the need for high contrast.
I also think the font should be just that bit out of the ordinary as it would reflect a corporate feel to the place. While some may have a "down" on big business, somebodies got to come up with the billions to pay for this place and they would want to put their stamp (font) on the place
That's spot on. Fictionally of course, AIA is a private enterprise, funded by the lease/use of its facilities by whoever wants to use them, private or otherwise (though no military use is permitted). Plus, since it's sci-fi, we can include a little extra 'cool' in there

Cheers again chaps.
wehaveaproblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #258
Interceptor
Orbinaut

Yeah! I also say that the hangar signs need more contrast also.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 01-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #259
I00I
Not from this world

Looks great a bit more tweaking but on the right path..
I00I is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development