Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:44 AM   #1351
tblaxland
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicker43 View Post
 I've posted this question on Dan Steph's forum, but haven't gotten any replies. While developing the RWarp MFD, I've added some basic requirements of having a RWarpCap cargo installed to use the warp drive. This works okay with vessels that use attachments, since I can query the cargo through the Orbiter API. But for ships that use UCGO, the cargo only exists as a mesh. Is there a way to get a pointer to the UCGO class of the vessel? If not currently, this is a a feature request for future versions of UCGO, since only the vessel has access to the UCGO information.
You can only get the UCGO class handle if the vessel developer is kind enough to provide you with some means of accessing it, eg, by exporting it from the dll directly or by exporting a function that returns the handle. The way UCGO is written, there is no way for UCGO to force developers to provide such functionality. UCGO would need to be re-written to wrap the VESSEL2 class, like how it is done with Kulch's Payload Manager.
tblaxland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:46 PM   #1352
gattispilot
Addon Developer

I fixed it by using the ummu f10 fuction and made permanent base cfg. The only problem would be if someone moved the base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowstar View Post
 I don't know anything about the Orbiter API, but I would think that your guy is dying because the atmosphere is getting created after the first step, and maybe his death is being evaluated in the step itself. Could you put his code in the pre-Step function, if there is such a thing? Would that help things?
gattispilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:24 PM   #1353
ezelite
Orbinaut

Is it possible to create a UCGO spawner? I would like a scenario where every so often new cargo will spawn in a yard, up to a maximum number of say 20 units. The objective could be then to stock up another yard, which will then start creating more cargo. No fancy mesh work or anything, I was just wondering if it would be possible. This would be like a mining base generating raw material, which can then be deposited to a refinery, which then outputs the refined minerals depending on how much was brought in. It would be even better if the "yard" could be defined by dropping a beacon, as this would act as a "mining machine". A scenario could involve dropping several of these on a moon, waiting until they have finished, picking up the units and dropping them off at the refinery. For every 20 cargos picked up this could generate 2 refined cargos. The process could be repeated ad infinitum, and could almost serve as a sort of "Orbiter Campaign Mode" for the creation of LOX, Fuel, Bases and Farms. Its better than colonising the solar system from within notepad

Last edited by ezelite; 04-03-2010 at 02:35 PM.
ezelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:01 AM   #1354
Bj
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezelite View Post
 Is it possible to create a UCGO spawner? I would like a scenario where every so often new cargo will spawn in a yard, up to a maximum number of say 20 units.

The objective could be then to stock up another yard, which will then start creating more cargo. No fancy mesh work or anything, I was just wondering if it would be possible.

Actually there was a 'miner' addon being developed;
http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=13880&

At some point it was down-loadable (because I have it on my computer) but I cannot find it anymore on OH or on the thread.
Bj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #1355
Ashaman42
Orbinaut

Buzz313th and I made the UCGO miner that was on OH, I coded and Buzz made the meshes/textures.

Unfortunately buzz asked me not to distribute the miner via OH so I had to take it down, I did intend to make my own mesh and texture but got quite busy at work and it fell by the wayside.

I'm back in an orbitery mood now though so hopefully in a week or two I will get the miner back up and then make a refinery to go with it.

Ok, the miner is uploaded to OH, just waiting on approval. Thanks to Buzz313th for letting me keep his mesh and textures in place. Hopefully I have uploaded the proper release version, had a hard drive shuffle a while ago but think I've got the right version.

Now to have a look at making a refinery (that will use the rock the miner generates) to produce ore/metal.

Last edited by Ashaman42; 04-10-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Ashaman42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development