Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Space Shuttle Ultra Support & development threads for Space Shuttle Ultra addon.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2011, 11:52 PM   #61
DaveS
Addon Developer
 
DaveS's Avatar


Default

Checked in a Challenger texture has the relevant modifications on the midbody:

DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:00 AM   #62
n0mad23
Addon Developer
 
n0mad23's Avatar
Default

You guys probably want to dl this one: Taming Liquid Hydrogen: The Centaur Upper Stage Rocket 1958-2002 (308 pgs). http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4230.pdf
n0mad23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-09-2011, 01:05 AM   #63
DaveS
Addon Developer
 
DaveS's Avatar


Default

Any progress on the modules for the Centaurs and the CISS?
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #64
SiameseCat
Addon Developer
Default

I've been working on fixing the panel issues and a bug in the Orbit DAP. I haven't started on the Centaur stuff yet. I'm also wondering if there's any point in trying to implement the Centaur panel now, since we might wind up rewriting it in a year when we get pictures of the real panel.
SiameseCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-11-2011, 07:06 PM   #65
Urwumpe
Not funny anymore
 
Urwumpe's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiameseCat View Post
 I've been working on fixing the panel issues and a bug in the Orbit DAP. I haven't started on the Centaur stuff yet. I'm also wondering if there's any point in trying to implement the Centaur panel now, since we might wind up rewriting it in a year when we get pictures of the real panel.
If I deliver you a generic panel class that can be scripted by text files, would that be a reason to reconsider?

I don't have it yet, but technically speaking, we are just a tiny lot of hard coded logic away from such a general panel code. With such general panels, we could at least leave the hard work to the mesh developers that work too fast for us code benders, and slow them down a bit.

Last edited by Urwumpe; 09-11-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-11-2011, 07:30 PM   #66
DaveS
Addon Developer
 
DaveS's Avatar


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiameseCat View Post
 I'm also wondering if there's any point in trying to implement the Centaur panel now, since we might wind up rewriting it in a year when we get pictures of the real panel.
I simply don't know where we'll get those images from. I have tried both KSC and JSC with no luck. And the only other good source I'm aware of it has been a NO-GO for a good half-year now.
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #67
Urwumpe
Not funny anymore
 
Urwumpe's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 I simply don't know where we'll get those images from. I have tried both KSC and JSC with no luck. And the only other good source I'm aware of it has been a NO-GO for a good half-year now.
Did you already try by email?
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #68
DaveS
Addon Developer
 
DaveS's Avatar


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
 If I deliver you a generic panel class that can be scripted by text files, would that be a reason to reconsider?
Well, Radu094 once made an SDK like that complete with systems and everything. It's dated but I think we should be able to get permission to use it in adapted and restored form:
Systems & Panel SDK 1.70


---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
 Did you already try by email?
You mean KSC/JSC or the source for the Centaur manual?
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #69
Urwumpe
Not funny anymore
 
Urwumpe's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 Well, Radu094 once made an SDK like that complete with systems and everything. It's dated but I think we should be able to get permission to use it in adapted and restored form: Systems & Panel SDK 1.70
would be very hard to integrate into SSU, since we do pretty much everything different. I think moving to something that does less than what we already do is not an option.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 You mean KSC/JSC or the source for the Centaur manual?
All three.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #70
DaveS
Addon Developer
 
DaveS's Avatar


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
 All three.
KSC and JSC, yes. The source, no. I'll give it a shot.
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #71
Urwumpe
Not funny anymore
 
Urwumpe's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 KSC and JSC, yes. The source, no. I'll give it a shot.
OK, that is good. Then you did at least try the easy ways already. I wasn't sure if you already try it by email.

Maybe there is another path open for us... but I would need help there to get the information. There are many NASA memos around from that time, maybe there is information about who worked on the Centaur and had which role there. I would need some keywords about the management terms and project abbreviations then I can start searching.

With the people and project structure found, maybe we can then find names. I doubt that no engineer of the project would be for having his project come alive in a simulation. And a single one might be enough.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #72
SiameseCat
Addon Developer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
 If I deliver you a generic panel class that can be scripted by text files, would that be a reason to reconsider?

I don't have it yet, but technically speaking, we are just a tiny lot of hard coded logic away from such a general panel code. With such general panels, we could at least leave the hard work to the mesh developers that work too fast for us code benders, and slow them down a bit.
I hadn't thought about that, but that's a good idea. I'm not sure how you're planning to do it, but I was thinking we could use JSON to store the switch data, etc. and change the panel class to load this from the text files.
SiameseCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:36 PM   #73
Urwumpe
Not funny anymore
 
Urwumpe's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiameseCat View Post
 I hadn't thought about that, but that's a good idea. I'm not sure how you're planning to do it, but I was thinking we could use JSON to store the switch data, etc. and change the panel class to load this from the text files.
You are really reading my mind. I am a big big fan of JSON already.

Especially, making Orbiter add-ons with JSONCPP support is really easy.

I had planned something like that already in the first draft of the VC classes, but kicked it out for a earlier working version. Not with JSON, I learned it later, but the general idea of having ideally no need for hardcoded panels anymore.

I would just change some small details with JSON there... no longer numerical identifiers, but strings for identifying discrete line connections.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:11 PM   #74
DaveS
Addon Developer
 
DaveS's Avatar


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
 OK, that is good. Then you did at least try the easy ways already. I wasn't sure if you already try it by email.

Maybe there is another path open for us... but I would need help there to get the information. There are many NASA memos around from that time, maybe there is information about who worked on the Centaur and had which role there. I would need some keywords about the management terms and project abbreviations then I can start searching.

With the people and project structure found, maybe we can then find names. I doubt that no engineer of the project would be for having his project come alive in a simulation. And a single one might be enough.
Managed to get in contact with GRC about the Shuttle/Centaur documents and due to export control laws, they're NO-GO.
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:12 PM   #75
MaverickSawyer
Acolyte of the Probe
 
MaverickSawyer's Avatar
Default

Hmm, perhaps I can get them for you, and just feed you the relevant non-restricted information?
MaverickSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:30 AM.

Quick Links Need Help?


About Us | Rules & Guidelines | TOS Policy | Privacy Policy

Orbiter-Forum is hosted at Orbithangar.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2017, Orbiter-Forum.com. All rights reserved.