Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > Brighton Lounge
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Brighton Lounge General off-topic discussions. Political or religious topics may only be posted in The Basement forum.

Old 06-30-2019, 09:47 AM   #16
drakulton
Orbinaut

Hello again

This is the latest from the ELVR developer.

Hey all,

Ok, I have good news and bad news. Which one do you want to hear first. Oh wait, you don’t have a choice. Good news first.

The first release is going to be entirely free. It will be like the “free” version of EL3D in that you can shoot the approach in P66.

The bad news is that all of the features of ELVR will take a few more months of work. I have the infrastructure in place but just don’t have the time to get it all together by the anniversary. I am forcing myself to concentrate on features pertinent to the short approach and related requirements. I have put a lot of work into scenery out to the entire extent of PDI but you won’t see it on the first release. Once I have P63 up and running you will see it all. LROC data is awesome. But you know what is actually better photos? – Apollo 10. They shot the entire approach with lighting similar to the 11 mission. However for some reason just as they got within 20km or so of the landing site, the film roll ends. But LROC helps a lot.

Right now ELVR supports Vive and Oculus. I have bought a Samsung headset to see about compiling for Windows Mixed Reality supported by a bunch of other headsets. However, that involves the dreaded Microsoft store and related issues. If I have any time I will try to get a WMR version out soon after the “normal” Vive / Oculus one.

OK – back to work…

Regards,

Ron
drakulton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:10 PM   #17
drakulton
Orbinaut

More from the developer

'Hey All,

I will have “something” in about a week. I won’t have a commercial release yet because it just isn’t ready for prime time. However, I will send the link to all you guys to try it. I was really hoping for more by now – but it is taking way longer than I guessed. Gosh I did all this once before 15 years ago!

This is a very “alpha” release but you will still get goosebumps. I do every time.

The models are spectacular but unfortunately they are delayed in getting to me my modeling group. I want perfection so I know I am driving them crazy. The interior will be as close to LM-5 as anyone has ever done. That includes, Velcro, paint scratches – everything.

This first “alpha” will be just the short approach in P66.. I stopped trying to add all the other stuff like the longer approaches until you get a chance to fly and comment on what I have.

You can fly it with joysticks but it actually works pretty well with the native Oculus/Vive controllers. You can stand up and do it just the real guys did.

Back to the screen!

Ron
Old 07-23-2019, 05:00 PM   #18
drakulton
Orbinaut

Hi

ELVR - Eagle Lander VR has been released and can be found
at the Eagle Lander3D yahoo group, here -

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/eaglelander3d/info

and it's rather good!