Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Project Apollo - NASSP
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Project Apollo - NASSP Development, support and news for Project Apollo.

Old 03-23-2019, 03:35 PM   #1
grummanonewire
Orbinaut
Default Apollo 9 TD&E

So doing theTD&E in apollo 9 MCC separation goes fine but I think I am doing something wrong
I do the V49 manuver and end up a bit of distance which is a issue that can be overcame.. however the main issue is I end up at an odd angle facing 90 degrees away. I have tried multiple times to dock while avoiding gimbal lock which all fail I have one attempt where I went gimbal lock and dumped the gimbal ... several questions

1 using the maneuver ending up like that did I mess up somewhere say the P52 or earlier ?

2 with the docked save I have seen a quick align procedure and attempted and failed. Is there even support for that
Used surface display current yaw and pitch rolled to 180 roll on orbiter surface and sett at thumb wheels and gdc align no dice .... Is there a specific recovery procedure for NASSP

Any insights would be helpful
grummanonewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:06 AM   #2
indy91
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grummanonewire View Post
 1 using the maneuver ending up like that did I mess up somewhere say the P52 or earlier ?
Possible. P52 option 1 would be more likely to mess this up, but before TD&E there should only have been a P52 option 3, which is more unlikely to cause a big alignment issue. Do you remember if you got a good result in that P52 before TD&E or if anything unusually happened? Did your two FDAIs mismatch after that P52? Or did the procedure change your alignment by any significant amount?

Quote:
2 with the docked save I have seen a quick align procedure and attempted and failed. Is there even support for that
Used surface display current yaw and pitch rolled to 180 roll on orbiter surface and sett at thumb wheels and gdc align no dice .... Is there a specific recovery procedure for NASSP
There definitely is always a way to recover as long as there was one in real life as well. Where did you find that quick align procedure? GDC Align will of course only change the alignment of the backup system (SCS) and not the one of the IMU.

Looking at your scenario would help, but there probably is the usual issue that the scenario file is too large to be attached to a post in this forum. But you could put it on Dropbox or Google Drive or something.
indy91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Project Apollo - NASSP