Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Visualization Project
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Visualization Project Orbiter external graphics development.

Old 07-05-2017, 06:04 PM   #4381
jarmonik
Beta Tester

Default D3D9Client2016 R2.1

Here's a new build. The issue above should be fixed.

The build is for the official Orbiter 2016 release.
Attached Files
File Type: zip D3D9Client2016-R2-1.zip (1.68 MB, 48 views)
jarmonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:55 PM   #4382
DaveS
Addon Developer

Could support for more than one environment camera per vessel be added? I'd like to be able to tie them to specific animations, in SSU's case the payload bay radiator panels and the Ku band antenna.

Currently there's only one camera and it's fixed to the bottom of the payload bay leading to inaccurate reflections once the payload bay doors have been opened (they reflect the payload bay which they shouldn't be able to do). Same deal with the Ku band antenna. Here's two comparison screenshots:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/we0h0grfdj...cam_A.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwmwg7xkuo...cam_A.jpg?dl=0
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:08 PM   #4383
fred18
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmonik View Post
 Here's a new build. The issue above should be fixed.

The build is for the official Orbiter 2016 release.
Confirm! Thank you very much as usual!!
fred18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 07-10-2017, 06:16 PM   #4384
BrianJ
thing
Default Comets?

Hi all,
I was wondering if D3D9 Graphics Client would be any better at rendering some kind of representation of comets than the default Orbiter2016, so I tried a couple of experiments with my old "comet-coma" mesh/texture.

First thing I noticed was that in D3D9, a planetary mesh (called by MaxPatchResolution = 0 in the .cfg) is not scaled by the planet radius. Not a problem, but I wonder if that will impact some add-ons (Saturn/Jupiter moons, etc.).
[NOTE Does Orbiter2016 default graphics still scale the mesh? I haven't checked]
[EDIT Checked it - yes, Orbiter2016 still scales planetary mesh by planet radius]

A good thing is that you can have transparent/semi-transparent planetary meshes in D3D9.

However, it seems there is still a maximum distance for rendering mesh polys of about 100,000km from camera.

This mesh is about 32000km wide and twice as long, it belongs to a planet of 40000km diameter. You can see clipping starts to occur at about 100,000km distance. Move further away and the mesh disappears.
Click image for larger version

Name:	o2016_d3d9_comet.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	15274

Just for fun, I put it in 80000km Earth orbit.

Name:	o2016_d3d9_comet2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	15275

Looks a bit different from outside the atmosphere.

Name:	o2016_d3d9_comet3.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	15276

Anyway, just messing around having fun
Cheers,
Brian

Last edited by BrianJ; 07-10-2017 at 06:26 PM.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:35 PM   #4385
jedidia
shoemaker without legs

So, I have a question about that color blitting. I think a while back it was mentioned that D3D9client does in fact support it. Today I wanted to take a crack at it ad bring my developing GUI-toolkit up to speed, but then found this in the orbiter documentation for oapiBlt:

Quote:
Colour keys are only supported with Orbiter's inline graphics client. External clients ignore the ck parameter. The use of colour keys is therefore discouraged.
So... is this just outdated documentation, or do I need to use another call to blit with D3D9client? Because this very much sounds like orbiter simply not passing the color key on to graphics clients.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Oh, for that matter, could you point me to the D3D9client build for r65? I had to replace my laptop two months ago, this is the first time that I'm getting my stuff to run under D3D9client again...
jedidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:58 PM   #4386
Ripley
Tutorial translator

There you go
https://www.tuttovola.org/index.php?...view;down=1150
Ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 07-14-2017, 10:36 PM   #4387
jedidia
shoemaker without legs

Thanks, that works much better.

Color-key blitting however does not, so that piece of API documentation isn't outdated. I do however remember that Jarmonik said it worked. So... how does it work?
Old 07-15-2017, 02:34 AM   #4388
jarmonik
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidia View Post
 Thanks, that works much better.

Color-key blitting however does not, so that piece of API documentation isn't outdated. I do however remember that Jarmonik said it worked. So... how does it work?
oapiSetSurfaceColourKey should work. However, the ck parameter in oapiBlt does not work.
jarmonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 07-15-2017, 06:23 PM   #4389
jedidia
shoemaker without legs

Ah... that way! Ok, I'll try that.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

I got it working, thanks.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:29 PM   #4391
Xyon
Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyon View Post
 Thanks. I'll put something in Announcements, but I think probably sometime soon, once I have a clear plan in mind.
It was less soon than I originally had in mind, because of work commitments, but the move will happen over this coming weekend. You might want to hold off committing over Saturday and Sunday. I'll post another message in here when I've moved the repo itself, after which time it should be safe to commit again.
Xyon is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Visualization Project

Tags
d3d9client, graphicsclient