Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addons
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addons A repository for Orbiter addons contributed by users. Developers & members may announce new releases here and discuss any Orbiter addon.

Old 09-16-2016, 05:31 PM   #151
JonnyBGoode
Sky Marshal

Adding to the Big Dumb Rocks department,
Asteroid Pack 1.00
is working...

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

Hubble Space Telescope v2.0 (servicable)
*almost* works, but the "STS-61 HST operations" scenario CTDs. I think it could be easily fixed though...

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

More "big dumb rocks" working in 2016:

Eris and Dysnomia

Orcus

2006 SQ372

Haumea (2003 EL61) v2.0
JonnyBGoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-16-2016, 08:10 PM   #152
Floater
Orbinaut

Quote:
Adding to the Big Dumb Rocks department, Asteroid Pack 1.00 is working...
Hmm... So, why the Phobos is not ??

Landing on it was the first thing I have made after downloading v2016 (of course) and my DG-IV experienced collision with the Phobos Magical Sphere, preceded by altitude sound reports completely inconsistent with altimeter readings.
Floater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 08:35 PM   #153
dseagrav
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
 At least NASSP is open source. You could try to recompile it for the new SDK, perhaps it is just a binary incompatibility problem.
No, it's complicated, but we're publishing betas for 2016 now and it's a feature scheduled for the next major release. I posted a thread in addons with the details.

There sure is a lot of hostility toward developers here; Not everyone can afford to put their entire life on hold to immediately update when new releases happen, and releasing a package does not create an obligation of indefinite support. Things happen. I nearly died a few years ago, and none of you would probably found out if I had. You'd just grumble about how "dseagrav doesn't care anymore" and "dseagrav is just lazy". Lives change and time goes on. Instead of griping, contribute!
dseagrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 08:43 PM   #154
Face
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseagrav View Post
 I nearly died a few years ago, and none of you would probably found out if I had.
Well, at least I am glad you didn't die.
Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-16-2016, 08:59 PM   #155
Treetop64
Orbinaut

Quote:
 There sure is a lot of hostility toward developers here; Not everyone can afford to put their entire life on hold to immediately update when new releases happen, and releasing a package does not create an obligation of indefinite support. Things happen. I nearly died a few years ago, and none of you would probably found out if I had. You'd just grumble about how "dseagrav doesn't care anymore" and "dseagrav is just lazy". Lives change and time goes on. Instead of griping, contribute!

That has increasingly become contemporary online behavior recently.

If certain individuals don't get exactly what they want and precisely when they want it, while contributing nothing in return, they will immediately lambaste whoever they deem responsible. You often see this sort of thing in online gaming communities in particular.
Treetop64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 09:56 PM   #156
4throck
Enthusiast !

You see that everywhere, it's a cultural thing.

In part its some sort of Eternal Childhood syndrome ("I want ice-cream now!").

But it's also a reflex of being online all the time. People write whatever comes to their minds at the moment, with little thinking.
4throck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 10:00 PM   #157
dseagrav
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
 Well, at least I am glad you didn't die.
Not as glad as I am, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop64 View Post
 If certain individuals don't get exactly what they want and precisely when they want it, while contributing nothing in return, they will immediately lambaste whoever they deem responsible.
I have never understood this sense of entitlement and I doubt I ever will. Many seem to believe it is an inverse function of age, but I don't think this is accurate - To me it seems the further one is removed from work the more entitled to its output they feel.
dseagrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-16-2016, 10:15 PM   #158
jroly
Donator

Quote:
 I have never understood this sense of entitlement and I doubt I ever will. Many seem to believe it is an inverse function of age, but I don't think this is accurate - To me it seems the further one is removed from work the more entitled to its output they feel.
It's a bit like feeding wild birds, you feed them couple of times and then you have to keep feeding them or they get pissed off.
jroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-16-2016, 10:29 PM   #159
JonnyBGoode
Sky Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floater View Post
 Hmm... So, why the Phobos is not ??

Landing on it was the first thing I have made after downloading v2016 (of course) and my DG-IV experienced collision with the Phobos Magical Sphere, preceded by altitude sound reports completely inconsistent with altimeter readings.
I posted these addons as "working", meaning they showed up in Orbiter and didn't CTD. I didn't actually try landing on any of them, however. If any of them are quirky, let me know.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Regarding the pissy attitudes and complaining: For crying out loud, the new version JUST CAME OUT! It takes time to upgrade addons to work with the new version. Some never will. I'd still love for TTM24 or Vespucci to work once again. They never will, likely. I'm not going to pitch a tantrum over it; I graduated to big boy pants a long time ago.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:33 PM   #160
Floater
Orbinaut

Quote:
I didn't actually try landing on any of them, however
And it is not necessary to do it know, I think I have just discovered what is happening.

I've tried both: stock Delta Glider (very nice cockpit in 2016) and DG-Mk-IV in Valles Marineris just a moment ago.
It seems that there is problem with Orbiter Sound: it always gets planets Magic Sphere as a reference. DG-Mk-IV seems to also rely on it, when it is detecting collision.

So for now: Mk-IV is operable in high mountain area only

1. This BUG is probably invisible, when operating on Earth - at least unless someone is trying to dive in the ocean...
2. This BUG is likely to be corrected fairly quickly, because Orbiter Sound is being rewritten (if I understood it correctly)
Floater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 04:36 AM   #161
JonnyBGoode
Sky Marshal

More big dumb rocks that work. I love a cluttered solar system.

90 Antiope (Binary Asteroid)

Cruinthe Asteroid 3753

1994 CC

Mercury Crosser Asteroids

Trojan Asteroids v1.01
Thanked by:
Old 09-17-2016, 07:13 AM   #162
Enjo
Mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4throck View Post
 You see that everywhere, it's a cultural thing.

In part its some sort of Eternal Childhood syndrome ("I want ice-cream now!")
I see it so, that the consumers start to make you think that it's you, not them, who need to have the addon released (or do anything for free), just to get their appreciation, therefore exposing and exploiting your weakness - the need of appreciation. It's worth to think why you might be needing it. In other words: what's missing in your real life.
Enjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-17-2016, 07:15 AM   #163
JonnyBGoode
Sky Marshal

Niven base did an immediate CTD for me. Can anyone confirm it's working?
Old 09-17-2016, 09:14 AM   #164
Ripley
Tutorial translator

In the OP (among the MISC) there should also be HUDDrawer.
It's required by some MFDs you listed as working.
Ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-17-2016, 10:02 AM   #165
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjo View Post
 I see it so, that the consumers start to make you think that it's you, not them, who need to have the addon released (or do anything for free), just to get their appreciation, therefore exposing and exploiting your weakness - the need of appreciation. It's worth to think why you might be needing it. In other words: what's missing in your real life.
Exactly that. Of course, you can also program just for fun. In this case, you should never let user requests keep you from having fun. Even if it is a terrible lesson for the users, that you are absolutely human, too.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addons

Tags
2016, addons, working