Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Web Forum A forum for general Orbiter-related comments and discussion. Post your questions about Orbiter and addons in the appropriate forums below. Upload your Orbiter screen shots to our gallery HERE!

Old 02-01-2019, 07:40 AM   #1
anthonyg96
Orbinaut
Wink Orbitr mobile phone app

There should be a app for orbiter
anthonyg96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:15 AM   #2
soumya-8974
Wiktronaut

Question Re: Orbitr mobile phone app

Is this a suggestion or something?
soumya-8974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:09 PM   #3
Zandy12
Add-on Developer

I have thought about this as well. It would be nice if people can access Orbiter-forums on a mobile app so they can view the posts anywhere they go. Although the game itself on a app is a bit unrealistic at this time. If anyone is starting a project on creating an app for orbiter-forums count me in! I am in school right now for web and mobile development.
Zandy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:41 PM   #4
Ripley
Tutorial translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy12 View Post
 ...It would be nice if people can access Orbiter-forums on a mobile app so they can view the posts anywhere they go...
... Am I missing something?
Can't people already access OF with a mobile browser?
Ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-06-2019, 10:08 PM   #5
Xyon
Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional

I'm posting this from my phone. What are we doing here?
Xyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:57 PM   #6
Zandy12
Add-on Developer

I think what OP is trying to say is there should be a way to make orbiter forums more mobile friendly meaning the content can be structured in a more convenient way. I know you can access orbiter forums on your phone (I am writing this right now on my phone). But on my phone orbiter forums still is visible from a desktop perspective. Unless a mobile friendly option was already implemented that I am missing out on. Or maybe OP wasn't even referring to the forums. IDK what is going on anymore. Is there a mobile feature for orbiter forums?
Zandy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:30 PM   #7
Xyon

There's an app called Tapatalk which works with OF, in addition to the mobile skin. The engine behind the site is quite old, from an era before mobile-first design was a thing.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:31 AM   #8
Mipada
Orbinaut
Exclamation I know the feeling

No, I think the OP was saying s/he's like to play Orbiter from his/her mobile device. I would. The best you can do (how could you fit everything on one little screen) is to watch Youtube videos. KFC (?) to ISS is good. Or, I just found Atlantis to orbit. It would be cool if you could run autopilot scenarios. That said, taking out the DG and floating around in space or landing on the Moon would be cool.
Mipada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:13 AM   #9
Artlav
Aperiodic traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mipada View Post
 No, I think the OP was saying s/he's like to play Orbiter from his/her mobile device.
Hmmmmm.
Why not?

( Context: https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showth...ostcount=25188 ,
Something like that should also be practical in Orbiter using a custom graphics engine )
Artlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:46 PM   #10
Xyon

... of course you do, Artlav. I'm not even surprised.
Thanked by:
Old 02-08-2019, 06:26 AM   #11
soumya-8974
Wiktronaut

Post Re: Orbitr mobile phone app

If Dr. Schweiger would make an Android or iOS version of Orbiter, he would then convert the 3D model to 2.5D model to compensate with the storage.
Quote:
2.5D... what?
The two-and-a-half-dimensional (2.5D, alternatively three-quarter and pseudo-3D) perspective is either 2D graphical projections and similar techniques used to cause images or scenes to simulate the appearance of being three-dimensional (3D) when in fact they are not, or gameplay in an otherwise three-dimensional video game that is restricted to a two-dimensional plane with a limited access to the third dimension. By contrast, games using 3D computer graphics without such restrictions are said to use true 3D.
Common in video games, these projections have also been useful in geographic visualization (GVIS) to help understand visual-cognitive spatial representations or 3D visualization.
The terms three-quarter perspective and three-quarter view trace their origins to the three-quarter profile in portraiture and facial recognition, which depicts a person's face that is partway between a frontal view and a side view.
-Wikipedia

Last edited by soumya-8974; 02-08-2019 at 06:30 AM.
soumya-8974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum