Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum > OFMM
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

OFMM Discussions for the OFMM project.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:27 AM   #1
Bj
Donator

Default OFMM General Discussions

Alright gents new beginning, few announcements,

First I have a reference for the mission ahead (download it below). I left out a few important things like weight budgets, or mission profile. Ill add that tommorrow.

Ill give it 24 hours from now to find any drastic errors, if so we will hold the timer if not, developing can commence.

OFMM reference .9.zip

Ill make a sign up roster for developing, separating everything and listing easy to hard;
  • Textures
  • Models
  • Programing (DLL writing)

Let the timer roll:
*Click here to restart the timer*

Questions comments, or celebrations?

Last edited by Izack; 01-02-2011 at 01:30 AM. Reason: It's not new anymore!
Bj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:29 AM   #2
Izack
Non sequitur

But there's only 10 seconds left!!

PANIC!!!

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see those days there. I'll get right to that file. Thanks for pulling off what I was totally unable to do.

Last edited by Izack; 07-14-2010 at 02:33 AM.
Izack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:35 AM   #3
Bj
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izack View Post
 But there's only 10 seconds left!!

PANIC!!!
er a what?

00/23:57:35

= [days]/[hours]:[minutes]:[seconds]

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote:
 EDIT: Whoops, didn't see those days there. I'll get right to that file. Thanks for pulling off what I was totally unable to do.
Its ok, helps keep data together better than wiki ever could.

I am hoping to replace the images and details in this ref as the models come out. Also 'instructions' if there need be on uses for systems in here.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:36 AM   #4
Izack
Non sequitur

It had 01/00:00:10 when I found the thread... and I didn't see the 01...and...panicked...
Old 07-14-2010, 02:37 AM   #5
fireballs619
Occam's Taser

Fantastic!! I'll read through to find any errors.
fireballs619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 07-14-2010, 02:50 AM   #6
Bloodworth
Orbinoob

Excellent work Bj. I could find no errors with it (mind you, the math was over my head).
Bloodworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:57 AM   #7
Salun
Das Bluejay El DESTROY YOU ALL

Awesomes.

Though I'm wondering. If I wrote up a few Radio related things and made it into a card or PDF would anyone mind relating to OFMM?

Radar frequencies. Radio Transmitters. Antenna. Forward looking and ground mapping radars. We can't necessarily simulate it in OFMM but would be interesting to have on the ready.
Salun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:00 AM   #8
Alexw95
Addon Developer

looks great to me
Alexw95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:02 AM   #9
Izack
Non sequitur

Salun, I thought the planning was finally over!

I read over the document, and could find nothing wrong or objectionable. Good job.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:12 AM   #10
Salun

Quote:
 Salun, I thought the planning was finally over!

I read over the document, and could find nothing wrong or objectionable. Good job.
Like I said we can't implement it into the actual sim. What sorts of radio gear and radar frequencies we are using. Sort of a "As a matter of fact" interesting fact/added realism

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Besides I love the R&D part probablly more than Ill enjoy the flight. Ill have to substiture the less loved parts with a few(hundred) In flight movies.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:13 AM   #11
Bj
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salun View Post
 Awesomes.

Though I'm wondering. If I wrote up a few Radio related things and made it into a card or PDF would anyone mind relating to OFMM?

Radar frequencies. Radio Transmitters. Antenna. Forward looking and ground mapping radars. We can't necessarily simulate it in OFMM but would be interesting to have on the ready.
Well I meant the reference to be a reference for the OFMM 'pack' so um unless we create a second 'for fun reference for the rest of us' kind of a thing where we spice it up a little. (keep the technical jargon out) and whatever, sure I would't have a problem with that.

I thought someone said they wanted to make a story book type thing too following the events of our mission as well. Would work great together.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:13 AM   #12
Izack
Non sequitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salun View Post
 Like I said we can't implement it into the actual sim. What sorts of radio gear and radar frequencies we are using. Sort of a "As a matter of fact" interesting fact/added realism
Actually, on that note we'll need some XPDR and docking frequencies...It's really annoying when addons come without docking frequencies...

But yeah, what bands would NASA/Roskosmos/etc use for an interplanetary flight? Probe frequencies? (obligatory )
Old 07-14-2010, 03:25 AM   #13
Salun

Quote:
 Actually, on that note we'll need some XPDR and docking frequencies...It's really annoying when addons come without docking frequencies...

But yeah, what bands would NASA/Roskosmos/etc use for an interplanetary flight? Probe frequencies? (obligatory )
Most any can be used. It just depends really on how much data you are trying to send on that signal. Sending simple bleep bleep can be set at low signals like 95 hrtz. Coms and docking tend to be in the 100mhrzt ranger, 121.500 type. And if you want to send large amounts of data. Like a television transmission off a small antenna from the surface you need a Microwave transmitter in the 5 ghrtz range. That or a REALLY big antenna
Thanked by:
Old 07-14-2010, 03:30 AM   #14
Bj
Donator

Quote:
True, it can be in the details and specs for each vessel.

Quote:
I think in the 8 GHz range. C or X. Its less about bandwidth and more about interference.

Last edited by Bj; 07-14-2010 at 03:35 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:03 AM   #15
fireballs619
Occam's Taser

Math looks fine to me, after reading it over. The only question that arose when reading it was this: how do we plan on getting men/supplies back into orbit for the return trip. If the SkyCrane doesn't have necassary fuel capacity, is a new vehicle required?
fireballs619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum > OFMM