Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Space Shuttle Ultra Support & development threads for Space Shuttle Ultra addon.

Old 04-23-2017, 10:40 AM   #691
asdad
Orbinaut

the problem is I compiled in vs2010
asdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:45 AM   #692
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdad View Post
 the problem is I compiled in vs2010
Why 2010? It's dangerously obsolete. I won't even recommend using 2013, since it makes use of a older version of the C++ standard.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:24 AM   #693
asdad
Orbinaut

ok next time I used vs2013 for compile
asdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 12:25 PM   #694
n72.75
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdad View Post
 ok next time I used vs2013 for compile
Use 2015.
n72.75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:40 PM   #695
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by n72.75 View Post
 Use 2015.
Or Visual Studio 2017 Community. It seems to work out.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:40 PM   #696
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
 Or Visual Studio 2017 Community. It seems to work out.
It does? I keep getting these error messages about OrbiterSound 4.0:
Code:
>OrbiterSoundSDK40.lib(OrbiterSoundSDK40.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _fprintf referenced in function "void __cdecl LogError(char const *,char const *)" (?LogError@@YAXPBD0@Z)
1>OrbiterSoundSDK40.lib(OrbiterSoundSDK40.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _sprintf referenced in function "void __cdecl InternalMakePath(char *)" (?InternalMakePath@@YAXPAD@Z)
2>OrbiterSoundSDK40.lib(OrbiterSoundSDK40.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _fprintf referenced in function "void __cdecl LogError(char const *,char const *)" (?LogError@@YAXPBD0@Z)
This is after converting the VS2013 solution. The projects that spits them out is SSU_Pad and Crawler. This is even after a clean and rebuild to remove any trash left behind by VC++2010 Express.

Last edited by DaveS; 04-23-2017 at 02:55 PM.
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 03:10 PM   #697
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 It does? I keep getting these error messages about OrbiterSound 4.0:
Yes, that is generally a problem with OrbiterSound 4.0. It makes use of deprecated functions
Old 04-23-2017, 03:13 PM   #698
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 Yes, that is generally a problem with OrbiterSound 4.0. It makes use of deprecated functions
Any way around it? It is a showstopper as far as using VS2017 Community is concerned. So it seems we're stuck with either 2010 or 2013 due to OS.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:25 PM   #699
GLS
Addon Developer

Later today I'll try VS2017 and setup projects for it. Don't have any issues with VS2013.
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 03:27 PM   #700
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 Later today I'll try to VS2017 and setup projects for it. Don't have any issues with VS2013.
The projects are fine once they have been converted and retargted. The problem is with OS4.0 and its use of deprecated functions which throws the LNK 2019 errors during the build.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:03 AM   #701
GLS
Addon Developer

Something is going on with the Crawler and SSU_Pad projects that makes them throw a fit against OrbiterSound, but the main vessel doesn't complain at all. I changed pretty much all project settings to match the main vessel but no luck.
Anyway, I did find a way to get them to work, so I'll be committing new project files for VS2017 when I sort some more of the settings out.

---------- Post added 04-24-17 at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-23-17 at 07:06 PM ----------

I'm almost finished stadardizing the project settings and the only thing missing is what libraries should the linker ignore. For debug they pretty much all ignore msvcirt.lib and msvcrt.lib, and for release it's msvcirt.lib and msvcrtd.lib. But some also ignore libc.lib and libcmt.lib... I can't figure out if I should add these to all projects (debug, release or both) or just delete them and stick to the settings above.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 I'm almost finished stadardizing the project settings and the only thing missing is what libraries should the linker ignore. For debug they pretty much all ignore msvcirt.lib and msvcrt.lib, and for release it's msvcirt.lib and msvcrtd.lib. But some also ignore libc.lib and libcmt.lib... I can't figure out if I should add these to all projects (debug, release or both) or just delete them and stick to the settings above.
I added them as needed to stop the linker messages, and committed the files for 2017.
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 04-24-2017, 02:27 PM   #702
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

About the ODS/external Airlock mass discussion:

How did NASA account EVA tools and other stuff installed at the external Airlock?
Old 04-24-2017, 02:31 PM   #703
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 About the ODS/external Airlock mass discussion:

How did NASA account EVA tools and other stuff installed at the external Airlock?
I believe those were charged separately. The figures I listed is the structural masses+TCS+operator equipment.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:40 PM   #704
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 I believe those were charged separately. The figures I listed is the structural masses+TCS+operator equipment.
Well, it would be good to know how they these small things are accounted for being on the safe side with the masses in the NASA statistics.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:49 PM   #705
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 Well, it would be good to know how they these small things are accounted for being on the safe side with the masses in the NASA statistics.
I believe those were charged as "EVA Support Equipment".

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra